Ridin’ with Biden

An opinion piece written by someone who worked in the Bush administration and has been a corporate lobbyist ever since. He also writes for The Federalist and Daily Caller.
This is something that's been bothering me. BIden bet on the economy early on even when it looked shakey. After a time, it seemed like a good bet, but it hasn't been looking as good lately.

We make lawn care equipment, so its considerably cheaper to buy from foreign manufactures as opposed to American, so we buy american steel to make the body of an item, or componets, but the wheels, parts boxes and bags come from China and Vietnam where labor is cheaper, we only employ 65 employees and that from the CEO to the janitor, the shipping department where i work has 7 people, but we average in sales $3 million a month on average.
Its not that american companies no longer know how to make them, american workers are more expensive to pay, especially since the pandemic, i know several places where its near impossible to find people who want to work now, where my brother works, he is the production manager of a small manufacturing company and the average CNC machinest command $40/hour, which isnt sustainable for a company that made $1.3 million, they cant hold on to people, many leave looking for more to do less, where i work, i do the work of 3 people, but im 51 and come from a different generation, people we hire now who are in the early 20s complain more and want to do less.
As for the tariffs they affected several places negatively, while China is experiencing the worst economic decline in decades while the United States is the fastest growing economy in the world, manufacturing in the United States is a dying industry, its been declining for decades, people my brother manages now have less experience and now how than the ones we worked with in the early 2000s, all of whom have moved on to other fields that make more money and more stable, one makes a 6 figure salary doing 3D printing, and he was a highly skilled CNC machinist, now he will never do that kind of work again and he was talented, but the pay isnt good.

This is true, BUT what needs to be done is to contrast Biden's (screwed up) policy to Trump's "we gotta finish the job....we have to win" policy. IF this conflict can be diffused to any extent, that's an easy comparison to make. The way the conflict in the Middle east plays out will be one of the issues, but only one, that determines the outcome of the Nov elections.

The way the conflict in the Middle east plays out will be one of the issues, but only one, that determines the outcome of the Nov elections.
American elections are exceptionally close. 50-50 or 49-48 vote splits are common in the USA, but extremely rare in most of the world. Given these narrow margins, it doesn't take much to shift the scales, i.e. there are multiple individual issues that can tilt the election.

That said, I find discussions of Biden vs Trump and electoral advantage repugnant in this context. There's a possibility of 2 million people getting slaughtered by American weapons, that dwarfs the other issues that define the narrow divisions in official Washington.

One of the weapons that Israel is using are bombs that look like food cans. So hungry kids find them, open them, get maimed. We should not be funding the development of these weapons.

Last edited:
I saw my first Republican television ad. A senate candidate is saying something about the border.

I wonder when, if ever, people will figure out that Republicans are only pretending to care about the border.

In practice, they have the same prefer as the Democratic party, they like illegal immigration, it creates a pool of cheap labour.

Last edited:
I saw my first Republican television ad. A senate candidate is saying something about the border.

I wonder when, if ever, people will figure out that Republicans are only pretending to care about the border.

In practice, they have the same prefer as the Democratic party, they like illegal immigration, it creates a pool of cheap labour.
To me it just shows a widespread immorality that so many people can lie with abandon all for money and power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"