The Vice-President Joseph Biden Thread

Well, yeah....he's "dead pan" comedy though....so that is just how he does it.

I just think that people listen to the man speak, and then walk out thinking....

WTF was he talking about?

lol

Do you suppose the President will pick a different VP this time? I know Palin was pushing for Hilary.

Do you suppose the President will pick a different VP this time? I know Palin was pushing for Hilary.

If he does, I will be EXTREMELY SURPRISED.....IMO, that would be the Election "shakeup" of this century....

If he were going to, he would've done it by now. A lot of campaign material has been distributed with Obama/Biden 12 on it. If it were to happen, in January or so, Biden would've announced his retirement from politics. But he didn't. He is there to stay.

Also, I can't remember where, and I think it is bogus anyway, but a report came out today that Hilary Clinton was in fact asked a few weeks ago, and she said no.

Yeah, I agree with you, I call B.S.. Obama may be a piss poor leader but he is a damn savvy campaigner and he no doubt realizes that such a thing would be hurt him a hell of a lot than it would help him. Plus Ed Klein is claiming it citing "unnamed sources." The same Ed Klein who is on a promotion tour for his book on the President. He is trying to get some free press, I think.

Though at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary and her people leaked it. Her declining it makes her look less ambitious and entitled (two of the biggest criticisms of her in '08). So it may be her way of gearing up for 2016.

Has anyone noticed that the talks of Biden being replaced are getting louder? It could be media sensationalism on a slow news week (we have the Republican VP nominee and he really hasn't said or done anything of notice, plus having already been in the national spotlight he is fairly well vetted, so now it is dead air until the convention). OR it could be that Ed Klein's unnamed sources are legit.

If it is the latter, Biden is gone. There is no way Obama would offer the job to Hillary and then back down just because she said no. If he is offering the job to people, then he is actively searching for a replacement. It is now just a matter of finding one.

I think it would be a really bad move for Obama at this point. A shakeup of this proportion at this point in the campaign would make people feel very uneasy. Plus historically, 14 VPs have been dropped in the re-election bid. Only twice has a president gone on to win following such a move (both times it was FDR).

Personally, I remain inclined to think that the media is just overhyping an unconfirmed rumor in a slow news week, but you never know. Where there is smoke, there could be fire.

Klein from the Washington Examiner has been doing the rounds saying that he has a source that says Valerie Jarret and Hillary Clinton met a few weeks ago to talk policy, and the VP came up, and Hillary said no......

I think this is a bunch of bull myself.......I don't think Hillary wants to be attached to Obama RIGHT NOW, it looks like she will be stepping down from the Secretary of State position after the first of the year, and I have a feeling she will write a book, shop the book all over the place and begin her 2016 campaign at that point.

There is not a Democrat out there at the moment that has any chance against her in for the nomination...so it wouldn't be anywhere near the tough campaign that she went through in 2008. I will however predict that Obama will not campaign for her, nor will she need him.

IMO, the bigger story for the media is the fact that Bill Clinton has Biden's speaking spot at the convention. Of course, I'm not saying that Bill Clinton is the VP...lol, but the fact that they have brought him in, and in THAT particular spot, smells of desperation to get the base vote out for Obama.

Klein from the Washington Examiner has been doing the rounds saying that he has a source that says Valerie Jarret and Hillary Clinton met a few weeks ago to talk policy, and the VP came up, and Hillary said no......

I think this is a bunch of bull myself.......I don't think Hillary wants to be attached to Obama RIGHT NOW, it looks like she will be stepping down from the Secretary of State position after the first of the year, and I have a feeling she will write a book, shop the book all over the place and begin her 2016 campaign at that point.

There is not a Democrat out there at the moment that has any chance against her in for the nomination...so it wouldn't be anywhere near the tough campaign that she went through in 2008. I will however predict that Obama will not campaign for her, nor will she need him.

I disagree. Hillary still doesn't play in Iowa. If Brian Schweitzer (who Iowans will love) can lay down a good grassroots campaign there and then raise enough money to transition to South Carolina he can make it a competitive race.

????????? this was a Poll in Iowa this summer a few weeks ago for 2016...

Q9 Given the choices of Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton,
Andrew Cuomo, Martin O’Malley, Deval
Patrick, Brian Schweitzer, Mark Warner, and
Elizabeth Warren, who would you most like to
see as the Democratic candidate for President
in 2016?
Joe Biden........................................................ 18%
Hillary Clinton.................................................. 60%
Andrew Cuomo ............................................... 3%
Martin O'Malley............................................... 0%
Deval Patrick................................................... 0%
Brian Schweitzer ............................................. 1%
Mark Warner ................................................... 1%
Elizabeth Warren ............................................ 3%
Someone else/Undecided............................... 14%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ant-hillary-in-16-gop-picture-less-clear.html

But that is just based on name recognition at the moment as no one has really began to campaign in Iowa. Most Iowans don't know who Brian Schweitzer, Mark Warner, Deval Patrick and Martin O'Malley are. In late 2014, early 2015, when Iowans begin to really learn who these people are and their grassroots teams begin to put a campaign together, I think Schweitzer will play the best for the demographics of Iowa voters.

Generally speaking, if you're doing well, it's better to keep the same VP, and not rock the boat.

He's not going to get replaced. The guy made a gaffe. Palin said something stupid every day she was the VP candidate and McCain stuck by her. It would be an incredible sign of weakness if Obama overreacted to a bad news cycle and dumped his otherwise quite well-liked VP. I think that would hurt him much more than it would help him.

He's not going to get replaced. The guy made a gaffe. Palin said something stupid every day she was the VP candidate and McCain stuck by her. It would be an incredible sign of weakness if Obama overreacted to a bad news cycle and dumped his otherwise quite well-liked VP. I think that would hurt him much more than it would help him.

I don't think it was a gaffe at all....so why should he drop him....all of the talk about dropping him is simply media hype, nothing more. He won't drop him because he gave the exact message he wanted him to give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"