The 2012 Presidential Debates: Vice-Presidential Debate

This Presidential Campaign has so out done the others, combined they don't even match it....and the fact that people are ok with it, because their man's hands are not in it, is just weird...and only worth a "head shake"... if that...

I think Years or Republicans attacking Democrats(see the BJ in the Whitehouse for Clinton, Swift Boating, Obama is not American that most High UP Republicans don't try and put out due to how ridiculous) Democrats are just happy somebody is fighting back.

As for Romney, did you see his Primary fight, he is the last person that has the right to whine about dirty politics.

His team seems to change their stance now don't they when they have somebody who can match his money muscle. lol

Last edited:
You are beginning to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher....I'm going to stop before I get to that point myself....

You are beginning to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher....I'm going to stop before I get to that point myself....

There is probably many lower things in local elections I seen but to me Swift Boating was the low point of any Presidental political campaign. Honestly a group of guys who just somehow got funding from a "mysterious" backer put out an ad to muddy the waters about somebody's life. it's one thing to say Kerry is a flip flopper and we have no clue what he stands for it's another to attack a guys military record(which for the sake of argument the Bush campaign did 2 times, the first being McCain in 2000) because your guy is extremely weak when it comes to a military background and you just want to tear that person down.

Now I am guessing you are going to point the the Bain ads as being equal but I don't see it that way because at least in the Bain ads you can say while not giving the full picture 100% they only cherry picked the bad parts of Romney's Bain experience, the negative stuff was at least truthful. It's on Romney's side to give the positive aspects about Bain

There is probably many lower things in local elections I seen but to me Swift Boating was the low point of any Presidental political campaign. Honestly a group of guys who just somehow got funding from a "mysterious" backer put out an ad to muddy the waters about somebody's life. it's one thing to say Kerry is a flip flopper and we have no clue what he stands for it's another to attack a guys military record(which for the sake of argument the Bush campaign did 2 times, the first being McCain in 2000) because your guy is extremely weak when it comes to a military background and you just want to tear that person down.

Now I am guessing you are going to point the the Bain ads as being equal but I don't see it that way because at least in the Bain ads you can say while not giving the full picture 100% they only cherry picked the bad parts of Romney's Bain experience, the negative stuff was at least truthful. It's on Romney's side to give the positive aspects about Bain

I'm not going to point out anything....except the Bush supporters low blow to McCain was not against his military record, it was his adopted daughter....McCain's actual military was not questioned, only that once he came home, became a politician he forgot about the MIA/POW and agent orange problems of his fellow soldiers...not HIS military record.

Last edited:
I'm not going to point out anything....except the Bush supporters low blow to McCain was not against his military record, it was his adopted daughter....McCain's actual military was not questioned, only that once he came home, became a politician he forgot about the MIA/POW and agent orange problems of his fellow soldiers...not HIS military record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

An anonymous smear campaign began against McCain, delivered by push polls, faxes, e-mails, flyers, and audience plants. The smears claimed that McCain had fathered a black child out of wedlock (the McCains' dark-skinned daughter was adopted from Bangladesh), that his wife Cindy was a drug addict, that he was a homosexual, and that he was a "Manchurian Candidate" who was either a traitor or mentally unstable from his North Vietnam POW days. The Bush campaign strongly denied any involvement with the attacks.
I guess there is no solid proof it was Bush who spread the Manchurian Candidate BS, but that is pretty low for whoever was doing that(obviously to discredit McCain). it's stuff like the above that makes me crack up when I see Fox "analyst" Karl Rove complain about how bad the Obama campaign is for dirty politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

I guess there is no solid proof it was Bush who spread the Manchurian Candidate BS, but that is pretty low for whoever was doing that(obviously to discredit McCain). it's stuff like the above that makes me crack up when I see Fox "analyst" Karl Rove complain about how bad the Obama campaign is for dirty politics.

That actually came from a POW group....but those never gained ground, because people knew of McCain's war record.....but polls showed in South Carolina which is when all of this came out that the "fathering a black child..." was what changed the polls from I believe about + 7 for McCain to a South Carolina win for Bush, and that pushed him through....

I was working in the campaign offices for McCain here in Houston....I saw all of that happen....it was bad.

If what makes you happy, and think your man won is that he was rude, condescending, interrupted 84 times, and laughed at every comment, besides make some solid points????? such is life, shows the respect, or actually lack of you have for your leaders...

See, I see little integrity on either side....this campaign is the most disgusting I have seen in my 30 years of following Presidential campaigns....but at least I can see it....
What are are you saying? That I'm being disrespctful to the process? That's rude. You don't have to agree with my stance, but you're being being awfully snide about it.

You have NO idea what I can see, no more than I figure out what you see without looking at you. You're being assumptive.

Maybe I realize that a lot of what is being thrown at us is BS, and there's nothing I can do about it. But I guess you'll find that obtuse on my part. FML.

Sorry, but yeah, from what I took from your post, that was what was needed to win the debate and show strength for the DNC....

I think the major word there was "If"....

Your response kind of makes me think that that was what you really thought made it a major win....

I thought he was very disrespectful to the process of debate, which is where I was coming from.....IF you agree that is what was needed....ok.

Do any of you think Obama needs to do the Tickle-Me-Biden routine? Because if you do, you might be in for a rude awakening.

Do any of you think Obama needs to do the Tickle-Me-Biden routine?

:doh:I hope not.

Obama NORMALLY has a much...warmer personality than Mitt. If it comes out, that will benefit him greatly in the town hall format, where Obama is speaking to audience members as opposed to Romney.

If a member asks O or R a question, and they respond by talking to someone OTHER than the asker..they have majorly screwed up.

Very funny last night. Jason S.'s Biden is probably the strongest and funniest political impersonation they have going right now.

Sorry, but yeah, from what I took from your post, that was what was needed to win the debate and show strength for the DNC....

I think the major word there was "If"....

Your response kind of makes me think that that was what you really thought made it a major win....

I thought he was very disrespectful to the process of debate, which is where I was coming from.....IF you agree that is what was needed....ok.
Mindreading isn't your strong suit.

All I said was that some thought it was fine, some thought it was rude. And if someone from the left didn't like it, it can't be expected that Biden will suit all tastes, even if that person is Democrat.

But hey, IF you want to form my opinions for me or assume something on my behalf . . .ok.

Mindreading isn't your strong suit.

All I said was that some thought it was fine, some thought it was rude. And if someone from the left didn't like it, it can't be expected that Biden will suit all tastes, even if that person is Democrat.

But hey, IF you want to form my opinions for me or assume something on my behalf . . .ok.

Nope, just go with what I read...I would not even attempt to read someone's mind in this place....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"