• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The 2012 Presidential Debates: Debate 2

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
We are just days away from the third debate of the 2012 election cycle! It should be very interesting to see how the dynamic will change given the contentious vice-presidential debate and President Obama's lackluster performance in the first presidential debate.

The second presidential debate takes place on October 16th at 9pm at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. It will be a town hall-style debate with a focus on foreign and domestic policy. The debate will be moderated by CNN's Candy Crowley.

Will you be watching?

This will be the deciding debate for the election. It will be interesting.

It's the town hall format. So there won't be room for either Obama or Romney to go off on one another.

"The folks" ask the (pre-approved by Gallup) questions and both guys will answer. I expect Obama to come out swinging but Romney to continue to hold his own. The outcome (I anticipate both to do fine) won't seal the election.

Barack needs to go HAM. I hope he is watching Clinton's 1992 debate 2 performance and taking notes!

He must wisely attack Romney on
-flip flopping / being untrustworthy
-being too similar Bush- must tie the two together!
-being out of touch

O cannot be afraid. If Romney begins to spew "you have no record to run on, trying to scare voters", he has to be confidently say "No, I am defending myself, what i have done, and what I stand for. I could be changing my positions as you often like to do, but I am loyal to the values I stand for and support. Fairness, equality, helping people up rather than holing them down, building on the progress made to continue moving forward. :) "

Last edited:
I hate the town hall style debates.Like watching paint dry...

Obama really has to point out how 17 of Romney's 24 Foreign Policy Advisers are from the Bush Era(although I might save that one for the foreign policy debate)

That for me is reason enough not to vote Romney, I know alot of those guys wanted to attack Iran in like 2006

Barack needs to go HAM. I hope he is watching Clinton's 1992 debate 2 performance and taking notes!

He must wisely attack Romney on
-flip flopping / being untrustworthy
-being out of touch

O cannot be afraid. If Romney begins to spew "you have no record to run on, trying to scare voters", he has to be confidently say "No, I am defending myself, what i have done, and what I stand for. I could be changing my positions as you often like to do, but I am loyal to the values I stand for and support. Fairness, equality, helping people up rather than holing them down, building on the progress made to continue moving forward. :) "

You can't suddenly change to be "Bill Clinton" you either have that kind of charisma, or you don't.....neither of these candidates have that kind of charisma.

I will be waiting for the transcript.... : )

You can't suddenly change to be "Bill Clinton" you either have that kind of charisma, or you don't.....neither of these candidates have that kind of charisma.

Bubba can feel your pain :woot:

Someone should ask...

Obama - Why haven't you prosecuted anyone from Wallstreet during the 2008 financial crisis?

Romney - Will you prosecute anyone from Wallstreet during 2008 financial crisis?

My second question would be:

Would you move all derivatives trades onto a public exchange?

Third:

Who would you choose for the SCOTUS nominations?

Last edited:

O has his moments. Mittens...

Romney - Will you prosecute anyone from Wallstreet during 2008 financial crisis?

Romney: Obama screwed that up, but I agree with the policies he set up for them and I would take care of it better, no need for specifics.

This election is like choosing between two generic brand, mediocre cereals.

If I had one question for both

Why do you feel the need to make marijuana illegal. Don't you feel like people should have the ability to make the choice on their own without government stepping all over people's freedom of choice, I own my own body. Beyond that the amount of money we spend on Ronald Reagan's failed war on drugs is ridiculous, if you want to save the tax payer some money stop jailing people for smoking a joint(that way you might have some cash freed up for Big Bird)

Last edited:
This election is like choosing between two generic brand, mediocre cereals.

It's sort of sad that I think alot of stuff Romney says has the basic template of what I said above, especially foreign policy.

I laughed at the debate that Ryan basically scolds the Obama administration for setting a date, then 2 sentences later he says they like the 2014 withdrawl it just needs to be executed better.

It's sort of sad that I think alot of stuff Romney says has the basic template of what I said above, especially foreign policy.

I laughed at the debate that Ryan basically scolds the Obama administration for setting a date, then 2 sentences later he says they like the 2014 withdrawl it just needs to be executed better.

Liking the 2014 withdrawal, that actually came from the Bush Administration....and giving an exact date which was done in Iraq, are very different...ALSO.....do you not see the difference between these two ideas of 2014....

"But we are leaving. We are leaving in 2014, period....." AND

Ryan's answer to the question: Do you agree with the timeline...

"We do — we do agree with the timeline in the transition, but what we — what any administration will do in 2013 is assess the situation to see how best to complete this timeline. What we do not want to do — BIDEN INTERRUPTS: "We will leave in 2014." Ryan: What we do not want to do is give our allies reason to trust us less and our enemies more — we don't want to embolden our enemies to hold and wait out for us and then take over the —

THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS?

Last edited:
Unfortunately my derivatives, prosecution, and SCOTUS questions will never get asked. It will be abortion over them again.

"WE WILL BE OUT IN 2014, NO MATTER WHAT....." AND

"WE WILL LOOK AT THE CONDITIONS OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS, KEEP 2014 AS A POSSIBLE END, AND MAKE THE DECISION AFTER SPEAKING WITH OUR COMMAND ON THE GROUND AND MAKE A DECISION WHEN THE TIME COMES....

ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS?

I guess you can argue one is firm comment and the other sounds like a politician speaking

Unfortunately my derivatives, prosecution, and SCOTUS questions will never get asked. It will be abortion over them again.

The problem with Abortion questions in a town hall kind of debate is the candidate can't get called out for how full of crap their answer is. I would have loved to see Abortion debated in the previous debate where you could question the other guy

I edited and gave the actual quotes....

I guess you can argue one is firm comment and the other sounds like a politician speaking

Yeah you could, if you are full of kool aid..... let me quote one of my favorite posters here....:whatever: Remember, that is a quote, I actually hate that emoticon. ; )

Yeah you could, if you are full of kool aid..... let me quote one of my favorite posters here....:whatever: Remember, that is a quote, I actually hate that emoticon. ; )

The problem for me is Ryan trashed Obama for setting a date then he agrees(or at least semi agrees) the date is fine.

Why not drop out leaving in 2014 and say we will assess the situation when we get in office and come up with a plan WHEN and how to get out. By agreeing with the 2014 he basically is trying to appease the voters who might fear they will stay longer.

it's like don't worry we are going to follow the Obama timeline unless you are fully listening to what I saying and we might go longer but by this point you basically tuned out anything I said.

The problem for me is Ryan trashed Obama for setting a date then he agrees(or at least semi agrees) the date is fine.

Why not drop out leaving in 2012 and say we will assess the situation when we get in office and come up with a plan WHEN and how to get out. By agreeing with the 2014 he basically is trying to appease the voters who might fear they will stay longer

No, the timeline is fine....but to say that we will be out by 2014, period....tells me, it won't matter what our commanders on the ground say. Whereas Romney/Ryan have stated, that they will do WHAT ANY ADMINISTRATION SHOULD DO, is listen to the commanders on the ground, look at the conditions during that timeline and make the decision on the actual date. How is that not understandable...???? It isn't rocket science, one is saying, it is a done deal, the other is saying we will keep the timeline as our desire, but conditions on the ground will be important to the final decision. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to tell ya..... ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"