The 2012 Presidential Debates: Vice-Presidential Debate

He can't keep himself composed for 90 minutes? You can think your opponent is lying or deceptive and still...keep calm and debate him with the facts. Crying about extra time didn't look professional. That's the problem with Biden's performance...it lacked consistent professonalism for prime time.
This is exactly what Obama did, and look how people reacted.

He can't keep himself composed for 90 minutes? You can think your opponent is lying or deceptive and still...keep calm and debate him with the facts. Crying about extra time didn't look professional. That's the problem with Biden's performance...it lacked consistent professonalism for prime time.

Perhaps Biden should have just bullied the moderator and told her who would get the last word on a subject like Romney did to Lehrer.

Something I haven't seen mentioned here: Ryan jabbing Biden with the story about a family who had been impacted by a car crash with their sons being paralyzed, and how Romney helped them go to college. I thought it was pretty low for Ryan to bring that up when he was supposed to be talking about the auto industry.

Ryan also alluded to Biden's past stuttering issues.

Or he could have spoken less than Biden, because he could have finished a train of thought. How would you know otherwise?

There was no train of "thought" Dox. More like a train of lies. For example, Ryan lost his footing once Biden revealed that he had requested stimulus money for Wisconsin. Ergo, he LIED to all of us on camera for months about it. And after that, he never quite got his momentum back in the debate because now HE had been busted with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar. :whatever:

He lost all credibility at that point.

There was no train of "thought" Dox. More like a train of lies. For example, Ryan lost his footing once Biden revealed that he had requested stimulus money for Wisconsin. Ergo, he LIED to all of us on camera for months about it. And after that, he never quite got his momentum back in the debate because now HE had been busted with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar. :whatever:

Yea, but how does that prove he would have talked longer? Train of thought or train or lie.. does it matter with my point?

Im sure Biden and Obama have never lied right? And Ryan said he was listening to his constituency when he asked for the money so how can you really fault him there?

Something I haven't seen mentioned here: Ryan jabbing Biden with the story about a family who had been impacted by a car crash with their sons being paralyzed, and how Romney helped them go to college. I thought it was pretty low for Ryan to bring that up when he was supposed to be talking about the auto industry.

I mentioned that the story seem to come out of nowhere.

It sort of went: Speaking of the auto industry, Mitt Romney knew a guy who got in a car crash...

I am guessing that was one of his stories he was prepped to talk about and figured that was a good point because Biden shot alot of stuff at him previously including both the 47 comment and auto industry bailout previously.

I have to say the billybob in timbuktoo stories are laughable, I know both sides use them but Romney really seems to be bad with them(Ryan only used 1 or 2 last night) and it comes off extremely phony.

Im sure Biden and Obama have never lied right? And Ryan said he was listening to his constituency when he asked for the money so how can you really fault him there?

I am not faulting him for taking care of his constinuency. That's actually an admirable thing to do. I'm faulting him for lying and saying he didn't do it. Suddenly, conveniently, he had "nothing to do with the stimulus $$$" because he's "not one of those politicians who votes against something and then turns around and asks for funds from it" (loose quoting there). It's on goddamn video AND in print. :whatever:

Obama and Biden are not saints when it comes to stretching the truth. But even the fact checkers will agree that they're not f***ing up like this.

I mentioned that the story seem to come out of nowhere.

It sort of went: Speaking of the auto industry, Mitt Romney knew a guy who got in a car crash...

I am guessing that was one of his stories he was prepped to talk about and figured that was a good point because Biden shot alot of stuff at him previously including both the 47 comment and auto industry bailout previously.

I have to say the billybob in timbuktoo stories are laughable, I know both sides use them but Romney really seems to be bad with them(Ryan only used 1 or 2 last night) and it comes off extremely phony.

Biden blunted many of Ryan's phony attempts with real life stories of his own. When he mentioned the death of his wife and child, it took the wind out of whatever sail Ryan was trying to pitch.

Biden blunted many of Ryan's phony attempts with real life stories of his own. When he mentioned the death of his wife and child, it took the wind out of whatever sail Ryan was trying to pitch.

The funniest was Romney while on the stump kept bringing up a guy he met who got killed in Libya, giving this nice story of all the stuff he liked to do(which just so happens Mitt likes well) and then Mitt would say he is alot like that guy who gave up his life for the country. Turns out the guys friend came out and said it was a bunch of BS, that Mitt was at a function and introduced himself to him like 3 times in 30 minutes and had no clue he saw him previously.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dohe...as-pathetic-and-comical-2012-10#ixzz28wz1FxIz

REPORT: Slain SEAL Told Friend Meeting Romney ‘Was Pathetic And Comical’

Elf Ellefsen knew slain Navy SEAL Glen Doherty for the last 20 years, even paddled out on a swim with him in the days leading up to his travel to Libya.

Imagine his astonishment when Romney got "choked up" talking about one of his best friends.

According to Ellefsen's interview with My North West journalist Libby Denkmann, Doherty once described the meeting with Romney as "Pathetic and comical."

From Ellefsen:

"To have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

Ellefsen ended the interview by saying that he thinks Doherty would probably "pity" Romney for having to use his name in a political speech.

Last edited:
Oops, so sorry! I went through the last several pages, and somehow I missed your post. :doh:

No problem, good to see somebody else notice it. Like I said it did feel forced, although to Ryan's credit I don't think he brought up other people for the rest of the debate since he noticed how bad it came off

What I kept looking for last night was an answer to this question: Can this young man (Paul Ryan) take charge as POTUS now? Does he have the chops?

And I'm sorry...but I feel much more confident with Joe's 30+ years of experience--laughs, smirks and brashness included--than the P90x hottie who can't tell the truth to save his life. :dry:

Oh he is smirking alright.

He is smirking at the people who are voting for him.

The 4 of them are sellouts. Why don't you check out who Biden has solicited and managed to raise money from. Or rather where he raised the majority of his funding from? Or specifically the period before 2008. The same ****heads that flushed the economy in the toilet back in 2008 as I recall. It's hilarious watching this demagogue with a straight face trying to defend "main street" from the evil "wallstreet"

I dont get people who saw Ryan is handsome. Seriously? JFK and jFK jr were handsome politicos. Even a young Al Gore. Ryan is an odd looking guy.

And noone took him seriously as president. Tbh, this recent slump for O was always going to happen, because people just are not enthusiastic about him. But at the end of the day, they are going to support him before Ryan and Romney.

Eric Cantor did something similar. He asked that any money given to help during hurricane Irene be matched by equal cuts. Yet he asked for, and got, FEMA $$ to help his district after weather problems. I always find it ironic how all of these ppl who claim their anti big gov, anti handouts, have received handouts, and propose big gov ideas.

It could be worse, remember last election? Joe the plumber? I was soooo tired of seeing, and hearing about this guy who just naturally happened to be at every major press conference at the right time.

Though I do think it can end up as poor taste. When you bring up the death of someone, and politicize it (see Romney getting criticized by a soldier's mother), you're doing a disservice to that person. If you're paying respects to the person, that's different. A politician can find other ways to attack their opponent other than using a personal, human tragedy to prove their point.

What I kept looking for last night was an answer to this question: Can this young man (Paul Ryan) take charge as POTUS now? Does he have the chops?

And I'm sorry...but I feel much more confident with Joe's 30+ years of experience--laughs, smirks and brashness included--than the P90x hottie who can't tell the truth to save his life. :dry:

That's partly why the McCain campaign turned me off so much last time. McCain's had heart problems, and is getting up there. I thought about what would happen if he died during the middle of his term, and Palin became president....<shivers>....There were other problems, but that one was disturbing to think about, lol.

Given the rumors of Ryan and Romney not getting along well behind the scenes, Ryan probably isn't too concerned about failing, as much as he is looking bad while doing it. He can then come out saying Romney wasn't conservative enough, which is why he failed, and run for Pres himself.

Who cares how men are affected by abortion? They don't have to carry they baby, they don't have to adjust their lives around the baby growing inside of them, they don't have to go through labor for lord knows how many hours.

A man has absolutely no room to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Except that it is his baby too... his child, his offspring.

If a woman aborted my child without consulting me and taking me into consideration, that would be just as evil as the government trying to impose their "no abortion" policy upon all women.

Except that it is his baby too... his child, his offspring.

If a woman aborted my child without consulting me and taking me into consideration, that would be just as evil as the government trying to impose their "no abortion" policy upon all women.

If I were to get pregnant, I probably would not have an abortion, just not something I have ever thought would be a choice I would make....I however do believe that I have a right to make decisions about my own body, therefore I am Pro-choice...and yes I would probably talk to the father of the baby, mainly because I would be in a strong relationship with him, had we gone to the point of a possible pregnancy. But that doesn't mean I feel the need to consult him, only that that is something that would simply be the next step in the relationship we had....nowhere is it stated that the woman HAS to consult the man, if she doesn't want to, her decision.

If I were to get pregnant, I probably would not have an abortion, just not something I have ever thought would be a choice I would make....I however do believe that I have a right to make decisions about my own body, therefore I am Pro-choice...and yes I would probably talk to the father of the baby, mainly because I would be in a strong relationship with him, had we gone to the point of a possible pregnancy. But that doesn't mean I feel the need to consult him, only that that is something that would simply be the next step in the relationship we had....nowhere is it stated that the woman HAS to consult the man, if she doesn't want to, her decision.

I would consider her a pretty ****** woman to not consult the man who's child is possibly being aborted.

It has nothing to do with a man having control over a woman's body, and everything to do with the fact that it is that man's child as well, not just her's.

I am pro choice - choice of the couple to make the decision that is best for them.

I would consider her a pretty ****** woman to not consult the man who's child is possibly being aborted.

It has nothing to do with a man having control over a woman's body, and everything to do with the fact that it is that man's child as well, not just her's.

I am pro choice - choice of the couple to make the decision that is best for them.

Your opinion, but in most circles, that is not how pro-choice works...

I would like to think that in a committed relationship, that would happen...not because the man has any say in the matter, but simply because communication needs to be a part of a committed relationship.

IMO, it is the woman's ultimate decision since it's inside her body and it is her body it is affecting....but I do think the man absolutely has the right to have his input about the decision as well, considering it's his child as much as hers. Assuming they're in a relationship.

I dont get people who saw Ryan is handsome. Seriously? JFK and jFK jr were handsome politicos. Even a young Al Gore. Ryan is an odd looking guy.

And noone took him seriously as president. Tbh, this recent slump for O was always going to happen, because people just are not enthusiastic about him. But at the end of the day, they are going to support him before Ryan and Romney.
I've come to conclusion that is why he might have shored up some of the women vote. He is a high status, rich and decent looking guy. Especially compared to John McCain. The swing in women voters was just ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"