RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

RIP Joe Flaherty. I haven't seen much of SCTV but I loved him in Freaks and Geeks and his memorable cameo in Happy Gilmore.

RIP to Joe Flaherty....hilarious on SCTV and the cameo king in a bunch of cult comedy movies. Whether an East German guard trying to stop Mill Murray from crossing the border in STRIPES to the big band conductor getting caught in the middle of the Zoot Suit War in Spielberg's 1941, he brought a big laugh to the scene.

True. At first, I thought it might have been an April Fool's joke or something. But he really died, unfortunately. :(
I'd hope no-one would do an April Fools about a death.

Wow! That's a big one. Whether it's his football career, his acting career, or what he's probably most known for, The Juice was a big deal.

I think most people feel that he did it. I'm curious if the Goldmans will make a statement. They wanted to make his life difficult until the very end of either his life or their lives.

It's gonna be so interesting to see how the media will cover this.

As someone living in LA in the 90s , this is a big deal .

I remember when the story broke 30 years ago this June .

I remember watching the high speed chase live .

I remember the racial divide over the trial of the century .

I remember watching the verdict live , and the polarization over that.

It's gonna be so interesting to see how the media will cover this.
Probably "matter of fact". He played football, had an entertainment career, was charged with a double homicide, media circus, acquitted, went to jail on armed robbery, released.

I wonder if he made a deathbed confession... :ninja:

As someone living in LA in the 90s , this is a big deal .

I remember when the story broke 30 years ago this June .

I remember watching the high speed chase live .

I remember the racial divide over the trial of the century .

I remember watching the verdict live , and the polarization over that.
You want to talk about a moment that had everyone glued to their TVs in the same way that, say, the Challenger explosion or JFK assassination did, for example? It's that white Bronco.

You want to talk about a moment that had everyone glued to their TVs in the same way that, say, the Challenger explosion or JFK assassination did, for example? It's that white Bronco.
Totally.

Local media will still interrupt programming to go live to high speed police chases in LA county .

AC and OJ set that media standard here, in LA at least.

I didn’t realize this until a few months ago rewatching this. Went over my head as a kid.

I think most people feel that he did it. I'm curious if the Goldmans will make a statement. They wanted to make his life difficult until the very end of either his life or their lives.
I watched the trial, the 30 on 30 documentary and a zillion shows. Read most of the books. I'm 100% positive he did it.

In response, NBC News’ Daniel Arkin reached out to Fred Goldman, Ron Goldman’s father, regarding Simpson’s death and posted his response on X.

“The only thing I have to say is it’s just further reminder of Ron being gone all these years. It’s no great loss to the world. It’s a further reminder of Ron’s being gone,” Arkin quoted Goldman as saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"