Robin's own feature film?

"Iron Man"

Sidekick
Reaction score
I once wrote an idea down (about 3 months ago) where Dick Grayson/Robin is in his own feature film...without Batman. (Well, Bruce Wayne is there, he's just not Batman anymore) The story goes like this...

"Dick Grayson is a smart young man working for Wayne Enterprises, Bruce Wayne's company. When Bruce is so impressed by Grayson's work, he invites Dick to his granddaughter's birthday party, (who Dick is in love with) but Bruce has another suprise for Grayson. When Grayson arrives at Wayne Manor, he falls through a mysterious hole, leading him into the BatCave. He finds Batman's costumes, arsenal, and Batmobile. Bruce Wayne then steps in, and tells Grayson his origin. (Please be aware that Wayne is about 70 by now) Grayson is offered the life of a superhero and accepts. He becomes ROBIN, the Boy Wonder (well, the Man Wonder) and fights the crime in Gotham City. He becomes an instant celebrity, and loves the attention, but will it consume him?......"

I didn't really think of a villain (like Joker or Two-Face) but I think it'd be great to see Robin in his own series of movies if he's not going to be in Nolan's Batman series. What do YOU think?

Only if its Tim Drake. Tim so far has been the most popular Robin of the 3. He's the first one with his own series too.

Actually, Dick is the most popular. People who barely know who Batman & Robin are will recognize the name Dick Grayson before they recognize Tim Drake. Tim is just the regarded as the best Robin by most.

I disagree i'd say Dick grayson is the most popular one as he was the original.

But ur idea would work best for tim rather than dick as i think the premise of an old bruce would work better with the character drake.

I actually thought about using Tim Drake but then I thought about it more and decided Dick Grayson was the original, but I might go ahead with Tim anyways.

I made Bruce so old because this takes place about 45-50 years after the events of Batman Begins.

I think a Nightwing movie would work better than a Robin movie.

I was thinking about making it Nightwing for awhile too, but I just don't know!

Will someone kindly explain to be how a movie about the same character in a different costume is better?

I thought a Robin movie should actually follow the plot of the comics, where a circus kid loses his parents and gets taken in by Bruce Wayne. The background explains a younger person would be any good at acrobatics, swinging, throwing weapons, disguises and sleight of hand that would make him useful at all to Bruce Wayne's mission.

You put him through his paces, give him a young love interest -- call her Alice and make her a target for Mad Hatter, you brining in Killer Croc for muscle and we can attatch them emotionally by having them come from the same circus.

Keep Batman in the background as a harsh trainer and let Robin fly Solo, as he almost always does, in an effort to stop Mad Hatter and prove himself. Done deal.

GL1 said:
I thought a Robin movie should actually follow the plot of the comics, where a circus kid loses his parents and gets taken in by Bruce Wayne. The background explains a younger person would be any good at acrobatics, swinging, throwing weapons, disguises and sleight of hand that would make him useful at all to Bruce Wayne's mission.

You put him through his paces, give him a young love interest -- call her Alice and make her a target for Mad Hatter, you brining in Killer Croc for muscle and we can attatch them emotionally by having them come from the same circus.

Keep Batman in the background as a harsh trainer and let Robin fly Solo, as he almost always does, in an effort to stop Mad Hatter and prove himself. Done deal.
Now that, I like.

bulok said:
Only if its Tim Drake. Tim so far has been the most popular Robin of the 3. He's the first one with his own series too.

First it was Kyle Rayner, now it is Tim Drake. I think your dating yourself.

If you were to make a Robin movie, start it out with Dick in the first, have him become Nightwing in the 2nd, and introduce Tim Drake in the third. I think it'd work.

DeGenerate10 said:
No Robin in any film
Why not? And don't say because he's corny, because anybody who's read a decent Nightwing comic knows that Dick Grayson is an interesting character.

And don't say it has anything to do with the costume, because
a) Every animated series since the 90s has given him a black cape so he actually does blend in with the night
and
b) Superman's costume is brighter and dandier than his.

Manic said:
Why not? And don't say because he's corny, because anybody who's read a decent Nightwing comic knows that Dick Grayson is an interesting character.

And don't say it has anything to do with the costume, because
a) Every animated series since the 90s has given him a black cape so he actually does blend in with the night
and
b) Superman's costume is brighter and dandier than his.

I just don't like Robin and I don't think he can hold a whole movie on his own.

he's had his own comic for over a decades. Less popular comics(and comics that have been around for less time) have been made into movies. They couldn't get Steel into production quick enough!

I think a Tim Drake/Robin movie would be easier to pull, just for the fact that from the very beginning of his tenure as Robin, Tim's proven on numerous occasions that he can handle a threat solo, and not just be Batman's sidekick. Shoot, in his first mini-series he stops a blind martial arts master/mobster from releasing a biological weapon on Hong Kong. Then took on the Joker and won! And it wouldn't take that much creativity to gloss over facts like two other Robins having existed before him, or minimize the need for Batman/Bruce Wayne. Shoot, didn't the Teen Titans series go through its whole run without ever establishing which Robin he was?

Tim Drake is by far the best Robin Dick Grayson is the best Nightwing and Jason Todd makes a bad Robin and Nightwing. i would do Tim Drake in a Robin Movie:up:

ok, that idea about the Mad Hatter going after a girl named Alice sound like a pretty good idea.
I can actually see that working in a Batman movie.

POST DELETED....

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever made. So childish, so silly, I have to come and edit it away almost a month later when someone revives the thread.

IF Robin'd be in any Batman film (like part 5, 6) they could make him leave Wayne Manor and make a Nightwing spin-off parallel to the Batman series.

there used to be a link for a site for fan films and i remember one i saw titled "Grayson"...and i really loved it...it was decent and very well done, for a fan film and its budget...

Grayson was an excellent fan film, and as far as quality, the best comic book fanfilm I've seen. Period (though World's Finest comes in a CLOOSE second).

The Villains I suggested are Mad Hatter and Killer Croc for several reasons:
1) MH ties into the love interest, a teen girl named Alice perfectly, just like in Robin: Year One
2) MH is a pedophile, Robin is a kid... they're interested in the same girls... they're bound to cross paths...
3) MH can be zany and sadistic at the same time, kinda like an SR Luthor, but a bit less lucid.
4) MH can take control of Robin's friends, putting the kid in a superdifficult situation
5) Killer Croc offers the Nightwing-vs-Blockbuster style battles, just with different 'skins.'
6) Killer Croc has a circus background, Robin has a circus background, they're bound to have crossed paths
7) Killer Croc is beyond easily manipulated by MH, making for even more plot cohesion
8) Batman has at least two sparring 'fights' with little Grayson anyway, so it's not like we need a bunch of villains... or even a bunch of thugs..
9) MH doens't need to be a TRUE mastermind, Tony Zucco's got to be in there...

Mad Hatter is a good possibility.

I might just write him and Croc into the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"