Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Wow its really 29/1 for Marvel Studios.

I don't think I could mention another movie franchise with that good of a record. I can only think of Middle Earth films which have all of their siX films fresh and Hunger Games/Toy Story. But movie franchise with over seven movies?

Wow its really 29/1 for Marvel Studios.

I don't think I could mention another movie franchise with that good of a record. I can only think of Middle Earth films which have all of their siX films fresh and Hunger Games/Toy Story. But movie franchise with over seven movies?
Franchise maybe not, but studio yes. Pixar is the only studio with a better critic rating than Marvel I believe.

Idk, Cars 2 has like 39%, so I think they're about equal

Variety review has a major spoiler so beware

I think this is the second time Variety put a blatant spoiler in review of an MCU film. I forgot which Phase 4 film it was but I recall a lot of folks ripped on Variety for that.

What are the requirements for Youtube reviewers to get on RT?
Like do you need a certain number of subscribers to count, or is any schmuck with a channel included??

I'm guessing it's gonna end somewhere between 88-92%

this dude gave it a C+ which isn't bad at all, but rated it as "rotten"

After a hearty start, the film sputters in its second half, dragging through its bloated runtime on its way to its at once overblown and underwhelming finale.

November 8, 2022 | Rating: C+

Someone who gave the movie a C+ and is counted as a rotten for the movie reached out to me on Twitter

Here is what he said verbatim:

Hi -- RT assigns the splats or tomatoes, and it's a simple pass/ fail grading system that does not account for middle ground. (B-/ C+ tends to be their dividing line, although occasionally a C+ can earn a 'fresh' rating, depending on overall tone of review.) Anyway, thank you for reading, I appreciate it!

Last edited:
88% after 132 reviews now but 7.8 average rating which is a good sign.
It is the 3rd best reviewed phase 4 film and probably the only one to stay in the 80s.

90s- Spider-Man, Shang-Chi
80s- Black Panther
70s- Black Widow, Doctor Strange
60s- Thor
40s- Eternals

It is the 3rd best reviewed phase 4 film and probably the only one to stay in the 80s.

90s- Spider-Man, Shang-Chi
80s- Black Panther
70s- Black Widow, Doctor Strange
60s- Thor
40s- Eternals
Yeah I'm guessing it'll settle in the mid 80s (83-87) likely 85% which is great! Think the running time and multiple characters and subplots might be a bit much for some. Those things seem to be the most consistent complaints

Worse than that Japanese anime One Piece Film Red (95%), what a flop :)

probably B+/A- Cinemascore? Leg would be like typical 2.3-2.5x then.

87% now and 7.7.

87% and 7.6 after 144 reviews.

It just keeps going down.
that statement is misleading... yes, it's down but it's down reasonably it didn't plummet or sink by any means just small ticks down- which is okay and expected due to the runtime and multiple characters and subplots (that was never gonna work for everyone).

Right now we're at 87% with 145 Reviews in so far (126 Fresh / 19 Rotten). It'll likely get lowered a bit more but i fully expect it to stay above 83%. Anywhere in the 80s is fine, but 85 and above would be sweet and a homerun!

I saw it started with 94% to 93 to 88 to 87. It was going down. And who knows it could still go down. I was just basing it on what I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"