Guardians of the Galaxy Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Reaction score
After Eternals and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, will this movie become the 3rd Marvel Studios movie to get a rotten rating?

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

I would be shocked if this is not a certified fresh movie.

Hmm. What if this turns out to be the worst GOTG film?

I don't eXpect this to be rotten but that wouldn't be great for Marvel Studios and even DC Studios.

Started off at around 91% after 32 reviews but now down to 80% after 63 reviews.

Pls let it stay in the 80s but it seems critics and part of the audience moved on for this genre.

Being sandwiched between Quantumania and The Marvels sure isn't doing GOTG3 any favors, especially after the recent weak run of mcu movies. It will take 2024's films to pull Marvel Studios out of the muck and back into everyone's good graces. The 2024 movies...NWO, Thunderbolts, DP3 and Blade will be the bangers. I see it ending up like 2014 when we got TWS and GOTG together.

Brutal wave of negative reviews. Took it from 91% right down to 81%.

I think a lot of critics are just done with this franchise, unfortunately. Oh well. All of my favorite youtubers loved it, so I'm stoked!

Tomatometer
80%
Average Rating: 7.10 out of 10
Fresh: 63
Rotten: 16

Not particularly great and lower than what I had anticipated from the early reactions. This behind the very first wave of reviews doesn’t really bode well for the rating because most of the time it tends to decrease when more reviews are taken into account.

Here’s a look at the franchise’s rotten tomatoes percentages plus their average rating.

GOTG - 92% / 7.8 out of 10
GOTG 2 - 85% / 7.3 out of 10
GOTG 3 - 80% / 7.2 out of 10 (* 79 reviews)

The law of diminishing returns.

I wasn't eXpecting it to be this low with less than 100 reviews. But as long as its fresh, okay.

Marvel Studios have been through worse with the rotten rating of Eternals and Quantumania.

MCU RT

Black Window - 79%
Captain Marvel - 79%
Iron Man 3 - 79%
GOTG 3 - 79%

Brutal wave of negative reviews. Took it from 91% right down to 81%.
Down to 79% now. I’m honestly shocked by it.

I think there’s a chance it goes rotten which would be a disaster.

Hopefully it stabilises around here. Should still be fine.

It's essentially starting off like Doctor Strange 2 after 100 reviews, except for a higher average rating (7.1/10 for GOTG3 versus 6.7/10 for DS2.)

MCU RT

Thor - 77%
GOTG 3 - 77%
AOU - 76%

Last edited:
Well guess I’m skipping this one. The last few movies have been underwhelming and Vol 2 was also a letdown.

First MCU movie I won’t see in theaters (BW doesn’t count since it was covid)

There are hundreds of movies that are ROTTEN on RT, that I absolutely love. So critics responses have no effect on me. The thought of not seeing a movie solely based on RT is preposterous to me.

It's essentially starting off like Doctor Strange 2 after 100 reviews, except for a higher average rating (7.1/10 for GOTG3 versus 6.7/10 for DS2.)
Average rating tells more IMO, and already takes account of all the information in the Tomatometer.

Down to 79% now. I’m honestly shocked by it.

I think there’s a chance it goes rotten which would be a disaster.

How is that shocking?

I mean, you can see a pattern of average MCU films since 2019.

I’m not too disappointed with this kind of score, but don’t want to see any more that are anything like Quantumania.

Well guess I’m skipping this one. The last few movies have been underwhelming and Vol 2 was also a letdown.

First MCU movie I won’t see in theaters (BW doesn’t count since it was covid)

I'm the opposite.

Like with Mario I'm going to trust the fanboy's opinions over the critics this time.

This will my first MCU theater experience since 2019.

I'm the opposite.

Like with Mario I'm going to trust the fanboy's opinions over the critics this time.

This will my first MCU theater experience since 2019.
Wow, really hope you enjoy it if it’s your first cinema trip for so long. Most reviews are still positive on Guardians.

Honestly the trailers/promos for this looked like a finale for an IP that is running out of ideas so they have to end it, when there had been only 2 GOTG films in the past.

The villain from the trailers/promos seem nonexistent, so I'm guessing he's another addition to Mcu's underwhelming villains.

Anyway I will have to wait til May 8 to watch this film. Maybe in the weekend, if the cinemas aren't crowded and if I still could get a decent seat. But this is definitely my least anticipated Marvel movie of the year, even Kraven is more interesting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"