Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Reaction score
With 2 trailers and tv spots out. Is this film going to continue the fresh rating streak of the MCU in Rotten Tomatoes. Or will it be the first Mcu film to get a rotten rating?

None of the things I have seen so far is making me confident that this will be a great movie. But I'm going to use Marvel Studios' track record to give it a benefit of the doubt. So I think it will be the 25th consecutive MCU movie to get a fresh rating.

After seeing more clips I think this would turn out to be a fine movie. So I voted for Certified Fresh. I think a RT rating similar to Thor/Captain Marvel is what I'm eXpecting.

High 80s to low 90s I'm predicting between 88% - 94%

I haven't looked much at the first impressions but i'll guess it lands around the low 80's.
Accidentally voted "fresh" but i do think it will get the badge.

Alright, it has been officially Monday on the US East Coast for the past 18 minutes since I started typing. We're supposed to start getting reviews today. Whether that's true or not, here is my final prediction for how it does at Rottentomatoes.

96 for the first 100 reviews. Eventually more of the fun police shows up and knocks it down to an 88 after 300+ reviews.

In the end I can live with anything over an 80. Anything lower would bum me out, but it's fine as well. But the higher the better obviously.

Alright, it has been officially Monday on the US East Coast for the past 18 minutes since I started typing. We're supposed to start getting reviews today. Whether that's true or not, here is my final prediction for how it does at Rottentomatoes.

96 for the first 100 reviews. Eventually more of the fun police shows up and knocks it down to an 88 after 300+ reviews.

In the end I can live with anything over an 80. Anything lower would bum me out, but it's fine as well. But the higher the better obviously.

Why?

Not sure what part you're asking about. But this is just my random guess based on the super positive impressions from a week ago.

Why would 70-75% be that much of a bummer? It's just a percentage of a sampling of people who did or didn't like a movie.

Well this movie is a little more personal to me. I'm Asian American and I want this movie to do as good as it can. Not just at the box office, but also critically.

Well this movie is a little more personal to me. I'm Asian American and I want this movie to do as good as it can. Not just at the box office, but also critically.

I wouldn't worry to much there's no way this movie. Rotten tomatoes score isn't at least mid 80s, I have a feeling it will range from 87-95. It definitely won't go into the 70s I don't see that happening, especially with how great the reactions to this movie have been. I think the vast majority will lean positive.

Exited to see these scores. I predict 91%. If I get it right, I'll go buy me some lotto numbers. Cuz then I'll be on a roll u see. Lol.

What about Snake Eyes?

86% with 22 reviews. So much for hoping for a near perfect start lol. No big deal, hopefully it stays 80+ in the end.

I don't Know about RT, but, Forbes,The Guardian & USA Today all have reviews up.

Hmm, looks like the site is acting up, only shows one now in the score, which disappeared. However, under View All Critic Reviews it says 48.

The reviews are available to see there. Perri Nemiroff gave it 4/5.

51 reviews are there.

Edit: works again. 94% after 51 reviews.

Last edited:
Oh my God! Its that time again, refreshing the Rt page every time a new comic book film comes out.

Yeah the rating right now is really good. Higher than The Suicide Squad and Black Widow.

I’ll say it again: the day a MCU movie gets a rotten rating will be at a time when Kevin Feige is no longer at Marvel Studios. He’s the glue that keeps everything together, and makes sure the track record is strong. Feige will go down as arguably the greatest movie producer in history.

Last edited:
That’s very good. The rating will invariably decrease as with every other movie pretty much but another certified MCU critical hit.

Question is where will it land? Mid to high 80’s maybe.

The average rating keeps increasing!

7.7/10 :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"