Apocalypse Certified Fresh or Fresh or Rotten? The ROTTEN TOMATOES Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she have a good role either though?

I believe Vileone said she is a non presence and pretty much pointless.

The exerpt from the latest rotten review says:
What's most disappointing is how familiar this end of the world feels. Magneto floats with his arms out. People put fingers to temples. Nothing new to see here. Nothing more to say.
I'm personally excited to see both Magneto fly and people putting fingers to their temples lol

Chris did his best to boost that critic rating.

As for the review from Forbes and Chicago tribute, they are just ******** if you read it through. They claim actors such as Fassbender and McAvoy phone in for this movie. How can you take such reviews seriously?

Have you seen the film? Those people have actually seem it. I will take the words of people that have seen the film more seriously than someone who hasn't barking at others that they are wrong.

Have you seen the film? Those people have actually seem it. I will take the words of people that have seen the film more seriously than someone who hasn't barking at others that they are wrong.

many people i respect say fassbender gives a phenomenal performance so i yeah i call bullcrap on that

Do people think this will edge to 60% after release? Reviews seem to be getting kinder but it will probs fall just short, still so excited to see it though from what the reviewers I like have said and even what the negative reviews have said they did well

The exerpt from the latest rotten review says:
I'm personally excited to see both Magneto fly and people putting fingers to their temples lol

That's such a ridiculous comment, not yours Mad Ones but the one you posted. Like seriously Xavier and Jean have TP so to complain about them holding their hands to their temples is just complaining to be complaining that's not a legit complaint. How many times have they done so in the comics.

That's such a ridiculous comment, not yours Mad Ones but the one you posted. Like seriously Xavier and Jean have TP so to complain about them holding their hands to their temples is just complaining to be complaining that's not a legit complaint. How many times have they done so in the comics.

That review is simply pointing out that this franchise has constantly retread the same ideas and themes over and over throughout six movies, which I've been saying for a while now. It's a legitimate complaint. The franchise has been running in place for as long as it's been around, and if these reviews are to be believed, Apocalypse is more of the same.

That review is simply pointing out that this franchise has constantly retread the same ideas and themes over and over throughout six movies, which I've been saying for a while now. It's a legitimate complaint. The franchise has been running in place for as long as it's been around, and if these reviews are to be believed, Apocalypse is more of the same.

Im specifically speaking of the comment about the fingers to the temple thing since that's what they usually do in the comics to access their powers so the movies are no different. So that isn't a valid complaint, some things I have had enough of like so much Magneto and Mystique but the temple thing and how Magneto flys just no. Though I would love to see Magneto create his infamous force field bubble or actually see Storm using her powers as she did in her solo comic, she was an utter bad ass I loved it.

Many people who watched that film said Fassbender's performance is highlight, and some called James' performance MVP. Why wouldn't you take these people's words?

And I know for a fact that these two actors respect their craft very well and would never phone in for their roles, so yes, solely based on such silly assessment, these two reviews lost all credibility to me.

Just see it for yourself and get your own judgement someone else's interpretation won't be your own.

LOL at those who added vote after embargo.
Had no balls to do it before?
Poll should be closed at last monday.

Im specifically speaking of the comment about the fingers to the temple thing since that's what they usually do in the comics to access their powers so the movies are no different. So that isn't a valid complaint, some things I have had enough of like so much Magneto and Mystique but the temple thing and how Magneto flys just no. Though I would love to see Magneto create his infamous force field bubble or actually see Storm using her powers as she did in her solo comic, she was an utter bad ass I loved it.

But in the context of that review, that's just a minor, throwaway example to show that this franchise is still doing nothing new. The reviewer does not have a problem with the way they access their powers, it's just that he's saying we've seen this all happen before. And he's right.

But in the context of that review, that's just a minor, throwaway example to show that this franchise is still doing nothing new. The reviewer does not have a problem with the way they access their powers, it's just that he's saying we've seen this all happen before. And he's right.

Have you seen the movie?

Again... who cares?

Not dismissing critics (I have quite a few friends who are critics) and they do matter to help championing smaller films in need of attention.

But come on, people. See the film yourself. Then formulate your own opinion and stop worrying about what this means to how you might view it (Spoiler: it shouldn't). And it goes without saying how flawed Rotten Tomatoes is with their rating system.

1. So people should give money to movies that don't necessarily deserve it, rather than finding out whether the movie actually deserves the money first?

2. In what way is Rotten Tomatoes so flawed that it "goes without saying"? It provides an essentially-true measure of how many critics approve of a movie, versus not. In what way is that not highly useful?

I'm sure 3/4 of the people on the X-Men threads have not seen the movie.

LOL at those who added vote after embargo.
Had no balls to do it before?
Poll should be closed at last monday.

For the record I put my "fresh" vote in long ago. :oldrazz:

FCI56xRgSoiTTJXf0j2H_1462943006244.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members