• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apocalypse Certified Fresh or Fresh or Rotten? The ROTTEN TOMATOES Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, critics are pretty darn split on this movie, from the looks of it.

haha 51% ... hopefully it goes up but damnnnn.. that's a D-

Enjoy it while it lasts. I expect another slight drop once the bulk of reviews come in.

Hey, are the critics who have predominantly given their reviews so far from the US?

Considering that it was screened for US critics, I would say a good amount are US critics.

Hey at least for the time being, the majority of critics liked it lol

I really thought this would be in the 80s at least and be another well-received X-Men film.

BvS didn't surprise me because well...I thought it looked like crap from the beginning. Not only was DC's lack of direction and attempt to speed up their universe to catch up to Marvel pretty blatant, Snyder is a reliably mediocre director.

But this shocked me! These X-Men films have always had their issues to me, but I like them overall and so do the critics and audiences for the most part. It seems like this film has magnified all those flaws that bug me though, or people are just starting to take notice after 16 years of the same old stuff being thrown our way. I was really hoping it'd be a new beginning for the franchise though, especially since they FINALLY introduced an epic new villain like Apocalypse, but I guess it's deja vu all over again.

Oh well, the only thing we can do is hope for some new creative blood to be added to these projects. Otherwise I don't see anything changing anytime soon!

I cannot wait to hear Kinberg's commentary lmao

I really thought this would be in the 80s at least and be another well-received X-Men film.

BvS didn't surprise me because well...I thought it looked like crap from the beginning. Not only was DC's lack of direction and attempt to speed up their universe to catch up to Marvel pretty blatant, Snyder is a reliably mediocre director.

But this shocked me! These X-Men films have always had their issues to me, but I like them overall and so do the critics and audiences for the most part. It seems like this film has magnified all those flaws that bug me though, or people are just starting to take notice after 16 years of the same old stuff being thrown our way. I was really hoping it'd be a new beginning for the franchise though, especially since they FINALLY introduced an epic new villain like Apocalypse, but I guess it's deja vu all over again.

Oh well, the only thing we can do is hope for some new creative blood to be added to these projects. Otherwise I don't see anything changing anytime soon!

Personally I just put a lot of faith in Bryan Singer. I didn't care if Kinberg was a bad writer, because I was very confident that Bryan Singer could fix most of the problems from Kinberg's script and they also started working on this since 2013 with the writers from X2 so its just really disappointing. X-Men, X2, Superman Returns and X-Men: Days of Future Past are all critically acclaimed because of Rotten Tomatoes while X-Men: Apocalypse isn't.

Thank you God! Finally more fresh reviews than rotten!

Yes 51%!

We need to take a snapshot now while we still can so that when history is set in place we can actually provide support that for one moment, no matter how brief, that more critics liked X-men Apocalypse than disliked it. :oldrazz:

With how split the reception has been its reasonable to guess its probably gonna rest in the mid 50% mark

Any good writer would know if a character is not doing enough in a story, and rectify this problem. The fact Kinberg dropped Psylocke into the movie just to fill a Horseman spot is very weak. It's like the Rogue issue in DoFP, just an afterthought. It's a disservice to the character as well. I'd rather not have Psylocke be an empty, mute character used just for visuals, especially when she is a veteran X-Man in the comics.

Kinberg likely isn't the only one to blame for psylocke, bryan has shown to do that sorta thing anyway.

Kinberg has taken blame for the rogue thing saying it was a bad move and originally it was gonna be a farm house that xavier and magneto go too in search of something but vaughn said that was stupid so it didn't happen, and then of course there was the part where there was no middle and so kinberg met up with jane goldman to work out what was wrong with

Any good writer would know if a character is not doing enough in a story, and rectify this problem. The fact Kinberg dropped Psylocke into the movie just to fill a Horseman spot is very weak. It's like the Rogue issue in DoFP, just an afterthought. It's a disservice to the character as well. I'd rather not have Psylocke be an empty, mute character used just for visuals, especially when she is a veteran X-Man in the comics.

Thank you! Kinberg should have realized that! well actually all of them who were in charge of the script.

The silent killer Asian woman trope that Singer is so in love with needs to stop. It's insulting. Asian women should not just be used for badass decoration.

The silent killer Asian woman trope that Singer is so in love with needs to stop. It's insulting. Asian women should not just be used for badass decoration.
Agreed. People need to make their voices heard about this! I was hoping for a new direction but nothing has changed :nuhu:

People, just wait and watch the movie yourself then come back to complain. It is a fact that a lot of people do enjoy this movie. Why trust the negative reviews so much while leave the positive reviews as if their opinions don't count.

As for the review from Forbes and Chicago tribute, they are just ******** if you read it through. They claim actors such as Fassbender and McAvoy phone in for this movie. How can you take such reviews seriously?

I'm not judging the film as a whole because I haven't seen it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"