Guardians of the Galaxy Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

77% is a great critics consensus (if you care about that, I don't agree with all their ratings and consensus). Just a bit lower than usual.

EDIT: Current review numbers post-opening weekend.

MCU-RT-review-data-2.png.png
note: numbers are subject to change

MCU-RT-review-hierachy-2.png.png

OLD: Current numbers as of Thursday Preview / Opening day.
MCU-RT-review-data.png MCU-RT-review-hierachy.png

Last edited:
79% after 132 reviews with 7.1 average rating.

At this point, in terms of Rotten Tomatoes. It shouldn't get worse than Eternals and Quantumania. In which both became the only two out of 30+ MCU films to get a rotten rating, but also having the majority of the critiX (more than 50%), giving it a rotten score. Though who knows, could Kevin Feige produce a MCU film with a RT rating lower than 40%?

So imo, anything over 59% is a win. 60% to 79% isn't great but I'd rather see that, than a rotten rating. In terms of Marvel films, I don't think I find 1 with a rotten rating that I was truly satisfied with even with the ones that I find entertaining.

At this point, in terms of Rotten Tomatoes. It shouldn't get worse than Eternals and Quantumania. In which both became the only two out of 30+ MCU films to get a rotten rating, but also having the majority of the critiX (more than 50%), giving it a rotten score. Though who knows, could Kevin Feige produce a MCU film with a RT rating lower than 40%?

So imo, anything over 59% is a win. 60% to 79% isn't great but I'd rather see that, than a rotten rating. In terms of Marvel films, I don't think I find 1 with a rotten rating that I was truly satisfied with even with the ones that I find entertaining.
Hopefully it can stay in the 70s, high 70s would be even better.

Below are meaning of ratings

For phases 1,2, 3 and 4.

RT SCORES
55% /10 to 64% /10- means good/ 3 stars
65%/10 to 74% /10- means very good-3 1/2stars
75%- /10 to 84% is great/4 stars
85%-/10 to 94% is really great/ 4 1/2 stars
95% /10 to 100% is excellent/ 5 stars

Average ratings
TrustScore and star rating explained
1.0/1.2- 1 star(bad)
1.3/1.7- 1.5 stars(bad)
1.8/2.2- 2 stars(poor)
2.3/2.7- 2.5 stars(so-so)
2.8/3.2- 3 stars(good)
3.3/3.7- 3.5 stars(very good)
3.8/4.2- 4 stars(great)
4.3/4.7- 4.5 stars(really great)
4.8/5.0- 5 stars(excellent)

A 75 to 84 rt score is 4 stars.
85 to 94 is 4 and half stars and 95 to 100 rt score is 5 stars.
65 to 74 rt score is 3 and half stars.
55 to 64 is 3 stars and that mean good.
45 to 54 means 2 and half stars and that means so and so.
You get the point.

Current scores.
TOMATOMETER
80%

7.20 out of 10

Nice run in the last day or so to move the RT score up 3% and .1 on the average critic rating.

I like James Berardinelli and usually agree with his reviews.
But the fact that the only post-Endgame MCU film he liked was the loathsome "Love & Thunder" baffles me.

TOMATOMETER
81%
7.30 out of 10
Awesome, it’s actually creeping up unlike most films. Average rating so good too. Deserves it IMO.

Nice run in the last day or so to move the RT score up 3% and .1 on the average critic rating.
Yep, and now 0.3 on average rating which is a lot.

77% is a great critics consensus (if you care about that, I don't agree with all their ratings and consensus). Just a bit lower than usual.

EDIT: Current numbers as of Thursday Preview / Opening day.

View attachment 64699

View attachment 64700
Is there a dceu chart like this posted around somewhere?

Sure he could. No one has a perfect record.

I like James Berardinelli and usually agree with his reviews.
But the fact that the only post-Endgame MCU film he liked was the loathsome "Love & Thunder" baffles me.

Because they are opinions and not everyone's are the same? I liked Love & Thunder too. Was it great? No. But I enjoyed it.

Because they are opinions and not everyone's are the same? I liked Love & Thunder too. Was it great? No. But I enjoyed it.

Did you like ONLY Love & Thunder?
Because that's what I find curious.

Did you like ONLY Love & Thunder?
Because that's what I find curious.

No, but YMMV. Roger Ebert hated Die Hard and thought Die Hard 2 was a better movie. I disagree with Ebert on a lot of things, and this was one of them, but I still he's one of the greatest film critics of all time.

Ebert is one of the few people who proclaimed that Spider-Man 2 should've gotten a Best Picture nomination, but it wouldn't due to snobbery and the glass ceiling for comic book films.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.3 (2023)
Fva6_jIaMAA1ddG

Home - Cinemascore

Cinemascore reveals guardians of the galaxy vol 3 hit the mark with audiences
Cinemascore Reveals 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' Hit the Mark with Audiences - Murphy's Multiverse

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3
TOMATOMETER 81%
7.30 out of 10
275 Reviews

AUDIENCE 96%
4.7 out of 5 average rating
2,500+ Verified Ratings

Critically it not only settled down but its rating has actually bumped up which isn’t very common and shows some of the films vigor which we also see mirrored on the apparent good word of mouth.

MCU RT List:

Ant-Man - 83%
GOTG3 - 82%
Captain America: TFA - 80%

Sits snuggly as a mid tier MCU film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members