Rotten Tomatoes Watch thread

Reaction score
So this is going to be Sam Raimi's 1st Marvel movie since Spider-Man 3. I feel like eXpectations for this are going to be a lot higher, especially its the neXt movie after Spider-Man No Way Home. Eternals is still also fresh (or rotten) with critiX's minds, so I fear the possibility of this being the 2nd rotten mcu film (and so soon after Eternals). The reports about the screenings / reshoots don't give me confidence as well.

So this is going to be Sam Raimi's 1st Marvel movie since Spider-Man 3. I feel like eXpectations for this are going to be a lot higher, especially its the neXt movie after Spider-Man No Way Home. Eternals is still also fresh (or rotten) with critiX's minds, so I fear the possibility of this being the 2nd rotten mcu film (and so soon after Eternals). The reports about the screenings / reshoots don't give me confidence as well.
At least some of the reshoots are cameos of people who were not available earlier in the year.
It will be fine.

This is the next Eternals imo.

Disappointment written all over it. Director left early on due to wanting to make a Dr Strange character driven film, Sam Raimi brought on who is way his prime with Spidy 3 and Oz (surprise surprise Disney) and now with the excessive amounts of reshoots and leakers saying its messy and also Benedict Cumberbatch expressing mild concerns...

This has flop written all over it. At least critically.

I think it's going to be around the mid 80's.

I voted certified fresh. I would be surprised if this scores lower than 80%. Sam Raimi + plus the stakes are high. It doesn't feel like a typical mcu 2quel.

But really, after Eternals, anything fresh is imo not bad.

Based on the initial reviews, I'm guessing mid 70s to low 80s, along the lines of Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3/Black Widow scores.

From the small sample of reviews I saw it seems like it doesn’t have a glowing or great reception but a good to average one which is totally fine and kind of expected. It should do good numbers at the BO regardless.

I’ll also wait for a bigger review sample to more accurately understand the film’s overall reception.

I’m seeing 41 fresh and 6 rotten right now.

39 fresh reviews and 6 rotten
It rounds up to 87%.

This is the next Eternals imo.

Disappointment written all over it. Director left early on due to wanting to make a Dr Strange character driven film, Sam Raimi brought on who is way his prime with Spidy 3 and Oz (surprise surprise Disney) and now with the excessive amounts of reshoots and leakers saying its messy and also Benedict Cumberbatch expressing mild concerns...

This has flop written all over it. At least critically.
For now, Eternals remain to be the only mcu film with a rotten rating.

Unless Ds2 loses 25 perXent...

It is not typical or likely, but going from 80s at the start to deep rotten did happen.

GOnna be no higher than 85 but not lower than 75

Decent start. Could have been worse given some of the early reactions.

Looks like MoM isn't the movie to set the world on fire like many hoped. Perhaps the weight of so many characters and cameos ultimately dragged it down a little?

I'm hoping that Thor 4 will avoid that problem due to having a smaller main cast and (hopefully) having less multiversal connections.

Looks like this will end up in the high 70's.

The reception reminds me of Iron Man 3, a messy a divisive movie with bold direction.

84% so far. Pretty much as expected. It’s probably going to dip a little further but should remain in the 80’s I think.

Can’t see the average rating though… Can any of you?

84% so far. Pretty much as expected. It’s probably going to dip a little further but should remain in the 80’s I think.

Can’t see the average rating though… Can any of you?

6.90. Based on some critics comments, the ones who are not that into Marvel comics lore, are less likely to like this movie, where as the ones who are, seem to be liking it. Empire Magazine gave it 4/5 so that kind of proves it.

Browsing through the Top Critics (only 19 so far), seems no one has really hated it with the even the lowest scores being 2/5 or 2½/4.

6.90. Based on some critics comments, the ones who are not that into Marvel comics lore, are less likely to like this movie, where as the ones who are, seem to be liking it.
Just saw that it sits at 65 on Metacritic which isn’t great. Apparently it has gone down to 82 on RT as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"