DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

I like how there was a five-part DCTV event last year that put on display that all the separate portrayals of these characters are valid and how all these many universes are on equal footing... and some of the TV fans are still in the “But Tom Welling HAS to star in the Superman movie!” mindset after 20 ****ing years.

I haven’t watched much of Lucifer, but I like Matt Ryan’s Constantine well enough, and it consistently annoys me how many of those fans act like he’s the only actor who can play that role.

For real. Ryan is awesome in the role but he’s not the ONLY person who can ever play John. And I would rather Sandman not have anything to do with the cheeseball Legends of Tomorrow universe.

Since Gaiman certainly makes it seem like Constantine will pop up, I’m curious to know if we’ve got two new Constantines on the way, between this and Justice League Dark.

This being Netflix instead of HBO Max, I can’t imagine both projects would share an actor.

Well they’re not using the Tom Ellis lucifer so I think it might just be it’s own thing. Which is fine

Since Gaiman certainly makes it seem like Constantine will pop up, I’m curious to know if we’ve got two new Constantines on the way, between this and Justice League Dark.

This being Netflix instead of HBO Max, I can’t imagine both projects would share an actor.

possibly 3-4 live action Constantines then. Matt Ryan Cw, Sandman, JJ Abrams plus rumours of Keanu back. Taron edgerton for the audio sandman.

Having Matt Ryan and Tom Ellis show up in this series (even if they're playing different versions of their other show characters) would be icing on the cake.

Seems a bit ... daft to recast this two roles (again) when we've got the perfect candidates in the picture already.

Having Matt Ryan and Tom Ellis show up in this series (even if they're playing different versions of their other show characters) would be icing on the cake.

Seems a bit ... daft to recast this two roles (again) when we've got the perfect candidates in the picture already.
They’re not the perfect candidates, though. They’re two guys who’ve played those characters. They’re not the only two guys who should be playing those characters. Especially when Sandman Lucifer is a very different take from the Ellis series.

They’re not the perfect candidates, though. They’re two guys who’ve played those characters. They’re not the only two guys who should be playing those characters. Especially when Sandman Lucifer is a very different take from the Ellis series.
In my mind, they're two guys that have played those characters perfectly. :p I don't know about the Sandman Lucifer, though I swear I've read that the LA Lucifer and Samdman have crossed over?

crime solving Lucifer is a complete bastardisation of the source material... mat Ryan at least has a somewhat accurate take(could argue accurate to dcu but not hell blazer)

It’s always hard to know when Netflix actually plans to drop a season, so I’m not going to jump to conclusions thinking we’ll be getting a trailer. I’m gonna play it safe and think maybe some in-character photos? Or some further cast announcements?

Exclusive: Jenna Coleman Cast As A Gender-Swapped Constantine

Hnnnnngh, John Dee confirmation. Those episodes are going to be ****ed up.

Bringing this one to life is gonna be difficult but excited to finally see this happen and can't wait to see Death portrayed. Of the few shows I've seen Kirby Howell-Baptiste on, she's been real fun.

Was not expecting Johanna Constantine to show up so soon, interesting that she'll be in the past and present?

Sandman might be my favorite comic book. I don't think this will work, but I am willing to try. Especially with Jenna Coleman as a Constantine. :atp:

And, like clockwork, the anti-woke crowd in the front page comments and everywhere else on the internet have come out in droves to complain and rage about Hollywood making a thing they probably never heard or cared about before “more woke” and lament the “crumbling and tearing down of western society and values through modern media”.

I swear, you could set a timer to these cockroaches.

How come Dream isn't cast? Or not showing it? He's literally my favorite from the comic series, and Death. I'm not sure how to feel about this cast, I only recognize one name. Hope it turns out well...

She’s an ancestor of John, it’s not a gender swap. It’s been a while since I read the comic but I’m pretty sure she was introduced in Preludes and Nocturnes, possibly even in the first issue.

I can't remember exactly where she appeared, but she was in the comic series pretty early on. I never finished reading this series, I got around to volume 7. I need to finish it one day.

The first few issues felt so different from where the series ended up.

Honestly one of my favorite parts of the story is the guy that Dream gives immortality to, and he meets up with him in the same bar to talk to him every hundred years or so.

What a fabulous looking cast. I absolutely can’t wait for this. It feels very different, like seeing an off west end show with seasoned actors

How come Dream isn't cast? Or not showing it? He's literally my favorite from the comic series, and Death. I'm not sure how to feel about this cast, I only recognize one name. Hope it turns out well...

Dream has already been announced. He’s being played by Tom Sturridge

Sandman might be my favorite comic book. I don't think this will work, but I am willing to try. Especially with Jenna Coleman as a Constantine. :atp:
I know, right? What a fun, clever way of uniquely adapting Constantine. Especially when there's a more traditional Constantine (well, sort of, expecting lame New 52 superhero John) on the horizon for the JLD stuff.

So I’m confused... if she is playing Johanna, does that mean John will also appear eventually? Or are they kind of merging the two together so that Johanna will appear in place of John in the modern day stuff? Gaiman said she shows up in the present day, but is that in addition to John or in place of him? I’m fine with either I’m just trying to figure out the game plan.

I do hope that John shows up though, because we’ve already had two crappy adaptations of his character and I would like to finally see a good one. I like Matt Ryan but the shows around him have been garbage. And the Keanu version is fine if you just think of him as an alternate universe John Wick who made a deal with Lucifer to bring his dead dog back to life lol. But I’ve been hoping we get a real Hellblazer adaption at some point.

Anyway, all that aside, I’m a total Kirby Howell-Baptiste stan. Here’s to hoping she gets her own spinoff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"