DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

Not sure how trustworthy this is either, but news is news.

Not sure how trustworthy this is either, but news is news.

Really wasn't a fan of the first few episodes of His Dark Materials, and I haven't cared for Handmaid's Tale since about halfway through the second season so this isn't really winning me over. I guess that's probably more on the showrunners of both series than the directors, but I wish they got someone else.

Cast announcement soon (later today?)

Es0i-X-KWMAIYFiz.jpg

You know, just a couple of days ago, I thought to myself “If Christie really has been cast, then... maybe...?” I’m elated that what I suspected is the case. That’s A+ casting.

And Charles Dance too??

Very curious to see who plays John Dee, if they adapt “24 Hours” (and they ****ing better).

I've done a little bit of research on this, but would anyone care to drop me a synopsis and a bit of background information on just what the heck this series is?

When I read sandman, I think the character out of Spider-Man. o_O

I've done a little bit of research on this, but would anyone care to drop me a synopsis and a bit of background information on just what the heck this series is?

When I read sandman, I think the character out of Spider-Man. o_O

Um, if you've somehow managed to go this long without hearing about Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" I think you are probably better off just reading it 100% blind and enjoying the ride. All I will say is Sandman is the best comic book series ever written, and it's mandatory reading for any serious comic book fan. There are 75 issues in the series though so it's going to take a while, but it's totally worth the time and money.

Last edited:
Loving this cast, especially Christie as Lucifer. Brilliant. Bonus points if she wears her fire dress from that GOT premiere.

7-F8868-C5-BAD9-4-B07-A643-C3662118-AFAD.png

She can have my soul.

Considering they’ve been in production for awhile now, I’d be curious to know why they’ve singled out these seven to reveal at this time.

Maybe they’re the only major players who’ve filmed thus far?

Finally! Love this cast!
Interesting choice with Lucienne. I love it but Lucien in the comics could be a bit toadying so they might have to rewrite her a bit. I kind of like the idea of a librarian holding the same rank as like, a prime minister in a constitutional monarchy in the setting that is Sandman

Um, if you've somehow managed to go this long without hearing about Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" I think you are probably better off just reading it 100% blind and enjoying the ride. All I will say is Sandman is the best comic book series ever written, and it's mandatory reading for any serious comic book fan. There are 75 issues in the series though so it's going to take a while, but it's totally worth the time and money.

I second this. You can also listen to the audio version on Audible. It is an insanely faithful adaption.
I'm reading the comic and listening to it at the same time.

I've heard about it, but that's about it. I don't do reading (save for these forums).

Needless to say, as soon as it pops up on Netflix, I'll be there.

Considering they’ve been in production for awhile now, I’d be curious to know why they’ve singled out these seven to reveal at this time.

Maybe they’re the only major players who’ve filmed thus far?

If they are only filming Preludes and Nocturnes for the first season (I believe the rumor was each season's arc would be based off each individual volume) that would make sense. It's been a while since I read Sandman, but outside Dr. Destiny I think those are all the major players from the first volume (although, I guess Corinthian didn't appear until Doll's House, so they could be switching up a few things).

That would also explain why there has been no casting news in regards to Death. She's probably not going to be in the first season, or if she is, it will probably just be a teaser in the season finale. "Sound of Her Wings" is technically part of Preludes, but it's not really part of the main storyline arc so I can see them just ending with a cameo.

Last edited:
I don’t think an arc every season would be the wisest play. The odds of any show going that many seasons are slim to none. Especially with how Netflix has been doing things lately.

But like you said, Corinthian doesn’t show up in that first arc, so I’m not too worried. I think there might be some condensing going on.

THE SANDMAN Writer Neil Gaiman Teases "Scary" Netflix Adaptation And "Astonishing" Death Actress

Gaiman doesn't give anything away in that regard, but does tease the "astonishing" actress they've chosen to play Dream's far more personable big sister, Death.

“I feel incredibly lucky and privileged that we got her. The key to me with Death is that, more than any of the other characters in Sandman, they have to be filled with love and sensibleness. That sensibleness and love is manifest in this actress. I don’t think anybody is going to have any complaints.”

can’t wait to see who they got to play Death. Hopefully they’ve kept the casting open like with everyone else. If she’s really good she might even get a spin off?

I wonder who they got? Gemma Chan? Felicity Jones? Freema Agyeman?

Netflix are all about spinoffs/prequels and animated series these days.So if first season is a hit something like a death mini series would be great

I like how there was a five-part DCTV event last year that put on display that all the separate portrayals of these characters are valid and how all these many universes are on equal footing... and some of the TV fans are still in the “But Tom Welling HAS to star in the Superman movie!” mindset after 20 ****ing years.

I haven’t watched much of Lucifer, but I like Matt Ryan’s Constantine well enough, and it consistently annoys me how many of those fans act like he’s the only actor who can play that role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"