DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

Interesting. So the audible series is an accurate adaption and the Netflix series is “what if it were made now?” Which sounds pretty fun

Curious to see how Gaiman adapts it for the current time. He also said he wonders who should be what gender. Which is interesting, I think the novels have a good balance (just started volume 4 and was introduced to the rest of The Endless.) Don't feel they neccesarily need to be swapped, but I guess I could see it happening. I do like the Dream & Death brother-sister dynamic. Would feel a little weird if they swapped their genders tbh.

I think they mean they’ll change a few things with Wanda, the transgender character introduced about in the middle of the series which is fair enough. Obviously we talk about trans people in a very different way now to how we talked in the 90s

The audible series has dropped and it’s spectacular. I’ve been listening all day. McAvoy is an unconventional Morpheus but he absolutely nails it

Pretty interesting. I wonder if death and maybe even dream might have more of a modern look since their comics accurate look is very late 80s-90s

Yeah it’s a shame, it sounded like they almost nailed the casting until ms rona interrupted everything

Tweet doesn’t seem to be working for me?

Oh dear what a shame. Oh well, there must be someone out there who is perfect, maybe they already have the gig and they’re waiting for the big announcement

Gaiman’s name is on the list for DC FanDome. Hope we get a good helping of info.

I saw that. Sounds like he’s there to promote the audio book though

still, he might drop an update or let us know when we can expect more audiobooks. The last one was spectacular

The bulk of what he’s there for is probably the Audible adaptation (and likely the Sandman Universe comics as well), but I’m still hoping for a news drop. If they’re due to begin production this fall, surely things must be coming together.

Hopefully. Let’s cross our fingers!

Gaiman said on twitter it was the fastest downloaded series on audible including beating the Harry Potter novels so Netflix must be rubbing their hands together with glee

Yes! Geez three weeks to go though and no cast. I wonder how they’ve managed to keep it a secret

It’ll be weird if there’s a set leak or something and that’s how we find out the casting. Like we see a photo and we’re like “is that Hugh grant?”

I’m really curious to see whether they go with an established name or an unknown for Dream.

I reckon they’ll go for the Witcher type of thing, character actors for the supporting cast and a well known star for the lead to hook people

Just saw Velvet Buzzsaw today so it’s funny that Sturridge would be cast. I approve for sure. Good casting ideas for Corinthian as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"