DC Television Sandman: The Series

I could never get into Sandman for some reason, not my cup of tea I suppose.

I was hoping it was from Sandman Mystery Theater, with Wesley Dodds.

So not all the other Angels then??

Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and Anna wore regular clothes.

All of the other angels we've seen(Uriel, Zachariah, Zachariah's goons) wore suits.

Castiel wore a suit, but also wore that brown trenchcoat over it.

Edit: Oh, and Joshua wore regular clothing as well.

I really hope this doesn't end up on CW. Sandman is not the type of comic that can be watered down for network television. If it ends up on HBO though, I'll be excited.

HBO would be a dream come true.

apparently they tried
Up until a few months ago, DC was in talks with HBO and James Mangold to develop a show minus WBTV’s involvement, but that never coalesced.Gaiman was not officially involved with the HBO attempt, though he and Mangold held several rounds of talks surrounding characters and story. The author is not involved in the new developments, though since it is early in the process, that may change. In fact, securing Gaiman will prove key for the project to go forward.

I really hope this is still in the works. Kripke would be so great. And on HBO, it'd be even better.

I wonder who they'll cast for The Endless?

Ive always wanted to get into this comic. All the info Ive read up on it makes it sound damn interesting

I wonder how many years it'll take till they actually make this

Now supernatural's creator said that he was developing a Deadman tv show too, so which one will be made?

If this show ever gets the greenlight,I'll watch it.

I wonder why HBO isn't interested in Preacher or this. Big mistake, in my opinion. I'd love to see a Preacher TV series. And this.

I wonder why HBO isn't interested in Preacher or this. Big mistake, in my opinion. I'd love to see a Preacher TV series. And this.

To be fair, we don't know that they're not interested. It's just that whatever pitches they've heard haven't worked out. God willing, that changes.

and most important of all, Heinberg. Not much of a Grey's Anatomy viewer, but my sis digs it.

This has so much potential. Making it a big budget ($100m+?) series instead of a movie was the right way to go, and getting Gaiman on board is just icing on the cake. I quite liked Heinberg's script for Wonder Woman, so he's certainly talented. Would have preferred a more seasoned show-runner for a show of this scale, but he certainly understands the world of DC very well.
Between this & Watchmen, I love how DC's making a push towards more prestige TV and less cheap schlock.

Can I ask for Lee Pace as Dream yet?

Can I ask for Lee Pace as Dream yet?
Gaiman said a while back that he'd like Hiddleston, and he's an exec producer on this, so I could see that happening.
"Then again, Tom Hiddleston is still out there! And the truth is, as far as I’m concerned, anybody who sounds English with great cheekbones can probably pull it off."
image.jpg

edit: Nevermind, Hiddleston is doing Loki for Disney+ - his schedule won't be free to shoot this :/

I don’t think Hiddleston was ever a real candidate anyways, nor Cumberbatch unless they’d made this thing 10 or so years ago. Pace has poise and, I thought, pulled off the necessary ethereal quality as Thranduil in The Hobbit movies. He’s just known and unknown enough to be feasible here.

Plus his voice matches the black colored dialogue bubbles.

(If not that, he’d be an ideal Lucifer or Corinthian as well. Even Destiny, I think.)

He's prolly free at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"