DC Television Sandman: The Series

I'm very surprise WB has signed a major deal with the market leading streaming service. I figured the days of AT&T, Disney and Comcast playing footsie with Netflix were done after they announced the launch of competing services.

Sandman got me back into comics in the 90s, and A Game of You is one of my all time favorite stories. So I'm very interested in seeing how the series shakes out.

Wow finally! Game of thrones who?

I wonder if Hugh Laurie could still play Morpheus? I still think he’s perfect and he would be a good contrast to whoever plays Orpheus

Given an 11-episode straight to series order

Never read any of the Sandman stories... but now I feel like I need to.

Why does Goyer always have to slither his way into EVERYTHING?

Ah well, fingers crossed this goes well. It should, anyway

I can’t wait to see Death in live action

I figure we won’t see her in the first season but I really want to see Delirium in live action.

Oh yeah that’s going to be fun. I wonder if they’ll go all Luther from umbrella academy on destruction?

I wonder if despair is going to be in the nuddy like in the comics too? Lots of questions about how to adapt

I wonder if they’ll set it in the 80s or move it to the present day? Frankly happy either way

Wow two seasons already! Can’t wait! I hope they keep the ‘80s feel

Neil Gaiman Shares Some Early Details On The Upcoming Sandman TV Series

“The idea is to stay faithful to Sandman, but to do it for now rather than making it a 1980s period piece,” he said, continuing by explaining that, rather than reflecting the time period in which it was written, this version of Sandman will reflect now.

“In Sandman [issue] number one, there is a sleeping sickness that occurs because Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams, is captured ... in 1916, and in 1988 he escapes,” Gaiman said. “Instead of him being a captive for about 80 years, he’s going to be a captive for about 110 years and that will change things.”

Oh my gosh so soon! But there’s no cast!?!?

I’m not concerned, Neil is usually pretty good at getting proper talent. Can’t wait to see who they cast

So exciting! And if Netflix can get people like Henry Cavill you know they’re not afraid to get the best! Exciting times! I’ve been dying to see this adapted for ages

So exciting! And if Netflix can get people like Henry Cavill you know they’re not afraid to get the best! Exciting times! I’ve been dying to see this adapted for ages
This is meant to be an incredibly expensive show, at least according to the press release. Would love them to get Adam Driver for Morpheus, he'd be perfect

No offence but I was sort of hoping for a British Morpheus. Just I can’t imagine Morpheus being all like “YEEHAW THERES A SNAKE IN MY BOOT”

I cannot wait for this. Can’t believe it’s actually happening.

No offence but I was sort of hoping for a British Morpheus. Just I can’t imagine Morpheus being all like “YEEHAW THERES A SNAKE IN MY BOOT”
Because that’s how all Americans sound...

This post is silly. An American would be fine as Morpheus. Johnny Depp back in the 90s would’ve been literally perfect.

Nah. Especially Depp, there’s some dodgy stuff going on in the background there. An American Morpheus only works if every story point is solved by Morpheus taking out double uzis are firing wildly up in the air

Nah. Especially Depp, there’s some dodgy stuff going on in the background there. An American Morpheus only works if every story point is solved by Morpheus taking out double uzis are firing wildly up in the air
You can't tell me that 90s Depp wouldn't have been perfect for Morpheus. Your idea of American culture is extremely skewed, which is baffling because you're on a superhero message board focusing mainly on American productions.

An American Morpheus would be fine. I'm open to any nationality. He's one of the Endless, his nationality doesn't matter because he existed before any nation.

Actually I want to see an American Morpheus now. Just to hear him say lines like “mom! I’m going to jomp over and get my ombrella. I left it near my onderwear”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"