• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight Script Review coming soon!!!

BobJM

Uncle Charlie
Reaction score
I don't know whether this has been posted or announced yet (partly due to the fact that I don't lurk in this board that often). According to Latino Review, the site that gave us the heads up on Ledger is saying that they have a Dark Knight review coming up soon.

Here's the first portion of their Wolfman script review, in which the writer basically tells fans of what's to come.

Reviewed by: El Mayimbe - 08.04.06

Yo! Jeff Robinov's good buddy EL MAYIMBE here with the weekend read.

Now this goes out to all you BAT-FOLKS. You see…one of the first rules of screenwriting is to never be on the nose. Now I did the 1st script review of Batman Begins and I announced the casting of Heath Ledger as the Joker. A big thanks to the WB for confirming my scoop and to all you haters out there who doubted me - eat them bananas mother****ers! Now wouldn't it be too soon or be too on the nose to come out and do the script review for THE DARK KNIGHT?! Isn't it like expected?

Well, have patience my friends, all in due time. Me announcing Heath was a commonly used old-fashioned screenwriting technique known as SETUP.

What's the PAYOFF? Stay tuned to Latinoreview my friends. He He He

yeah sorry man, this is old news, weve been waiting for that review ever since that announcement.

oh man, this is just too tempting, but i'm gonna (try to) hold off on reading this script review.
i read LR's Batman Begins script review like a year before the movie actually came out. The review itself wasn't too spoilerific, but i wasn't so shocked or surprised when i watched the movie because of all the stuff i've read or heard about before.
I'm not gonna let that happen again with the sequel now. What am i even doing in spoiler forums?!? :eek:

We were expecting the review for this week, but apparently they´re still dealing with the legal part of it - they´re waiting for their lawyers to say it´s okay.

One thing we can anticipate is the review will be positive. El Mayimbe only reviews scripts he likes. It doesn´t mean he´ll necessarily rave on it, but we can expect at least an overal positive view.

I was right, they won't release it before September-October :(

I think el is excited...Look how he was acting in the Wolfman script review. He knows he is bring something good or he wouldn't pre announce it and act all giddy.

BmAaTn3625 said:
I think el is excited...Look how he was acting in the Wolfman script review. He knows he is bring something good or he wouldn't pre announce it and act all giddy.

And that's making me feel better.

I think he will give A+ as rate to this script :) :up:

geeez i wish they hadnt even told us they had it at this point!

LR gave Hitman script A+ so TDK will be better that I hope...

producer charles roven said that isn't any script at the moment... are the lr guys reviewing the script or the treatment...

Two Face said:
LR gave Hitman script A+ so TDK will be better that I hope...
That movie sounds so awesome

it is goyers treatment, roughly 80 pages long.

BatMatt said:
it'd have to be the treatment

That's what I thought too...

chuck roven said:
The script is in the process of being written. There isn't a screenplay that exists right now, so I can't really tell you much more than that. Certainly Christian Bale is going to play Batman and Bruce Wayne."

"We are supposed to start shooting what we call a preshoot, which we know what that is, in January and then the main body of the movie is going to start in March," he added.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4634

Excel said:
it is goyers treatment, roughly 80 pages long.
That's a pretty thorough treatment considering the script should only be 130-150 pages long.

i know. that is what they said initially in the bof-bash.

CConn said:
That's a pretty thorough treatment considering the script should only be 130-150 pages long.
How long was Kevin Smith's SL treament. It was around 80 right?

CConn said:
It's been said that the treatment is not just for "The Dark Knight" but also Batman 3. It suppossedly covers both of them. Well, that's what I've read, but who knows?

ultimatefan said:
We were expecting the review for this week, but apparently they´re still dealing with the legal part of it - they´re waiting for their lawyers to say it´s okay.

One thing we can anticipate is the review will be positive. El Mayimbe only reviews scripts he likes. It doesn´t mean he´ll necessarily rave on it, but we can expect at least an overal positive view.

Is that the reason for the delay officially? Did Mayimbe say something?

I think it honestly depends on the writer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"