The Dark Knight Latino Review: Script review coming soon...

Hopefull,they we'll have something up by Tuesday or Wednesday.:)

jamie_mcgonigle said:
I really really want to read a script review of TDK now, please El Mayimbe!
I think we have to wait a week till the put it on the website.:(

WB, most likely. While studios hate scripts getting into the public's hands, they willingly hand them out to news sites to generate good buzz for their film. This is just WB trying to create some more good buzz for TDK.

hey cconn, you going to college?

just curious.

CConn said:
WB, most likely. While studios hate scripts getting into the public's hands, they willingly hand them out to news sites to generate good buzz for their film. This is just WB trying to create some more good buzz for TDK.
Yeah, they do that to either generate good buzz cuz they have confidence in the project or even to get feedback. I have no doubt the strong rejection to JJ Abrams Superman script was an important factor for the studio not going for it - besides the fact that it was going to cost, like, 300m. But it´s not like it used to be a few years ago, when many drafts of the same script would be reviewed or show up. Usually only an early draft gets out there.

well the superman leak was expected to get to harry, not mariaty, who at the time was buds with ratner.

meaning w.b. expected harry to give it some huge praise but moriaty got and mauled it to death.

Excel said:
well the superman leak was expected to get to harry, not mariaty, who at the time was buds with ratner.

meaning w.b. expected harry to give it some huge praise but moriaty got and mauled it to death.
Yeah, I remember Harry did some damage control after that. Then funny enough, the two of them had some kinda split, Mori was positive on X3 while Harry slammed the movie... That´s part of the reason why you can´t trust Harry´s reviews, he lets friendship with directors influence his opinion...

Thats Cause Hes An Idiot :D

Excel said:
Thats Cause Hes An Idiot :D
Hehehe...He has a lot of movie knowledge, but he shows off too much, in almost every review he has to keep throwing movies nobody´s heard of just to show what a movie expert he is...

he is so old though, imdb says "internet websmatser HARRY KNOWLES is credited with turning around TITANICS buzz. now lets see if it translates to to box offic enumbers NEXT YEAR".

Thats from a news article. hes been big THAT long. since before nic cage was superman.

Excel said:
he is so old though, imdb says "internet websmatser HARRY KNOWLES is credited with turning around TITANICS buzz. now lets see if it translates to to box offic enumbers NEXT YEAR".

Thats from a news article. hes been big THAT long. since before nic cage was superman.
If I remember, it was actually Batman & Robin that made him famous. He was slamming the movie right from the start - in this case, rightfully so - and some even credit poor screening test reviews on AICN as part of the reason why the movie flopped. He doesn´t have nearly the same clout anymore these days.

yep. he had a HUGE HUGE HUGE internet following back in the day; now he is a joke.

Excel said:
yep. he had a HUGE HUGE HUGE internet following back in the day; now he is a joke.
Yeah, Mori is the one of the main AICN staff that still gets some respect...

On a side note, did you see the Epstein demystifying Hollywood article where he says studios get at best 15% of the foreign BO after advertising and stuff? I used to be kinda bummed that BB did better than movies like Madagascar and Mr and Mrs Smith domestically but lost to them big time foreigh, with that information it actually looks like it didn´t make that much difference for the studios...

i still think aintitcool news is the BEST source when it comes to advanced screenings. They were the first to review a bunch of movies: Narnia, King Kong, and Superman returns.

However, in terms of news and gossip, they're no longer the champ. Sites like Latino Review get more news as of late..

However, i just think that Harry is an easy target now. And at times, I can see people don't like him. But I admit I head to his site every single day for news. And Im sure that SOME of the people who bash him do too..

Latino Review - They are almost always first and right with the news of casting :up:

AICN - They are good with screen test reviews :up:

BOF - You can find all rumours and interviews, which have connection with Batman movies :up:

SHH! - Usually they are first at posting confirmations from filmmakers :up:

So all sites are good at their usual work :)

Octoberist said:
i still think aintitcool news is the BEST source when it comes to advanced screenings. They were the first to review a bunch of movies: Narnia, King Kong, and Superman returns.

However, in terms of news and gossip, they're no longer the champ. Sites like Latino Review get more news as of late..

However, i just think that Harry is an easy target now. And at times, I can see people don't like him. But I admit I head to his site every single day for news. And Im sure that SOME of the people who bash him do too..
Yeah, I go to the site for news too. At one point it felt like they´d post just any rumor on films but I think they became a little more selective now.

i think that could be it.

I just think people should give credit where credit is due. While he is no longer the king of movie news, Harry did pioneer this branch of news and gossip for the internet.

ultimatefan said:
Yeah, I remember Harry did some damage control after that. Then funny enough, the two of them had some kinda split, Mori was positive on X3 while Harry slammed the movie... That´s part of the reason why you can´t trust Harry´s reviews, he lets friendship with directors influence his opinion...

It was the opposite with SR.

hope someone of u posts infos w/o ANY spoilers if it's good, if it's better and if penguin / sal maroni / black mask / rachel are in it.. thx

Yeah, me too. Let's hope it's this week.

I now doubt they will release it before the end of this month :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"