Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 1: Generation Why (Spoiler Thread)

With things like YouTube it only takes one person around the world to get footage of these heroes, and when they are fighting they aren’t worrying about who is using a phone to video them. I would imagine from battles set in populated areas for there to be plenty of footage. Obviously nothing for a battle on Titan though lol.

Also, Scott Lang's podcast. As we saw in the show.

I dug the first episode and I'm curious to see where this goes. It felt a bit like Spider-Man Homecoming while still very much being its own thing. I don't know a whole lot about Kamala. My only real exposure to the character until now was the Avengers PS4 game and Iman Vellani's portrayal is much better, of course. I also got a kick out of Stewie from Succession reprising his role from No Way Home, although I'm not really sure why it was a mid-credits scene. Makes me wonder if every episode of Ms. Marvel is going to have a credits scene.

Although Jersey City is a part of the New York Metropolitan Area, it's not New York City and to me that's another positive.

I felt it was an energic, creative pilot full of visual flares, nice music and a pretty great cast, especially Iman. I felt the influences of Homecoming, Spider-verse, even something like The Mitchells vs the Machines and Scott Pilgrim. Still not entirely sure about the Powers change though.

Also, OF COURSE It was Scott Lang who spilled the beans on the events of Endgame!

Last edited:
With things like YouTube it only takes one person around the world to get footage of these heroes, and when they are fighting they aren’t worrying about who is using a phone to video them. I would imagine from battles set in populated areas for there to be plenty of footage.
Sure, but I can't imagine any Wakandan soldiers pulling out their phone while fighting Thanos' army at the Avengers Compound for the fate of the universe.
I guess there could've been cloaked Stark security drones or something, but then if they capture it in enough detail to show what Carol is doing and to show what Gamora, Drax, Mantis, etc. look like accurately enough to replicate it for cosplay, surely it would show Peter Parker taking off his mask too.
Plus it'd be kind of weird to watch footage of an active warzone where presumably a bunch of Wakandans, Asgardians, sorcerers, etc. are violently killed on camera to get a neat cosplay of some random alien (Gamora/Drax/Mantis) that hasn't been publically on Earth at all.
I guess Rocket must have told people about the Guardians then...

The issue isn't so much that there's no possible explanation, but moreso that it really isn't made clear how much the public knows, so it's just confusing to see them act like they personally watched the GotG movies or something when there has been no indication that that stuff is public knowledge.

Scott Lang's Podcast needs to become a short on Disney+

The show was really charming and really felt like Ms. Marvel. Iman did a really good job and her family felt like they were taken right off the pages. The graphic style of the show is really cool and fitting, and it gives the show an immediate identity. It's definitely delivered on my hopes this far, after having really liked her origin comic and how the character was done in the Avengers game.

I've only seen the first trailer once, and now the first episode, so it's not much to go on but this far I feel like I can get past the power change and just go with it. We'll see as the show goes on though, and part of my acceptance is definitely that I heard about it well in advance.

The show's style and setting is giving us tons of Easter eggs that are fun to search out and I think the only thing that I've responded negatively to this far is that it reminds me of that Captain Marvel is the only big character that's a dud for me in the MCU, so Kamala's fandom of her doesn't feel as good as it did in the other mediums.

Really dug that first episode. It was really charming. I think my only complaint would be about the effects on her powers. The CG looked awful there. I hope all the powers effects don't look that super fake. But other than that, really enjoyable

One thing I really love about this show is how perfectly it captures ADHD and daydreaming. One minute you’re listening to something, reading or watching a movie/video for a bit, then the next you completely lose interest and move on to something else. You’re really trying to pay attention to something that you should be paying attention to, but you’re so bored and you try to come up with something in your mind to pass the time. You’re thinking to yourself and imagining the wild things only your imagination could conjure up, or having a conversation with someone on a topic that you love talking about. You’re so fixated on, zeroed in and completely focused on just that one thing, to the point everything else just fades away. Your brain just runs wild with abandon, and there is nothing else except just you being in your head.

Then, once you finally snap out of it, you’ve completely lost track of time from being so engrossed and find out you’ve been talking for an hour straight about an episode of a new MCU show or movie you recently watched, and you need to get back to doing the job you’re being paid by the hour for.

Can you tell why I relate to this and love Kamala as a character so much?

I felt it was an energic, creative pilot full of visual flares, nice music and a pretty great cast, especially Iman. I felt the influences of Homecoming, Spider-verse, even something like The Mitchells vs the Machines and Scott Pilgrim. Still not entirely sure about the Powers change though.

Also, OF COURSE It was Scott Lang who spilled the beans on the events of Endgame!

What are the odds he told it to this guy?

2eonrv5chj491.jpg

I really enjoyed the first episode a lot. Some of it was cliched in a good way, other parts were very unexpected. The humor was good, the visual style was good. It felt like a real substantive episode. People have commented on the subtle additions to Kamala's character that work well. I also really like Abu and the dorkiness he has. Kamala's mom works well for the show, but she's obviously less likeable so far. I suspect that's going to change as we learn more about her past. It seems her mom is aware of the bangle being more than a bangle, but I could be wrong.

“I don’t trust you.” :D

I really enjoyed the first episode a lot. Some of it was cliched in a good way, other parts were very unexpected. The humor was good, the visual style was good. It felt like a real substantive episode. People have commented on the subtle additions to Kamala's character that work well. I also really like Abu and the dorkiness he has. Kamala's mom works well for the show, but she's obviously less likeable so far. I suspect that's going to change as we learn more about her past. It seems her mom is aware of the bangle being more than a bangle, but I could be wrong.
The mum has played the one who has to lay down the law so it feels like that for now but as you say it’s probably something that will develop and pay off well down the line. Yeah, it was at least hinted at that she knew something was up with the bangle.

So what was the after credits scene about?

I only read the very first Ms Marvel run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"