Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 1: "The Goldfish Problem" (SPOILERS)

I hope Duchamp wasn’t just an easter egg

Count me to the ones who know next to nothing about this character, and have no idea how much it might differ from the comics. But I really enjoyed this first episode. Oscar Isaac is great as usual and makes you feel for the Steven character, and Hawke is pretty solid as well. Looking forward to more episodes.

For me it's the best first episode of a Marvel D+ series so far. Isaac especially is fantastic and I loved the weirdness of it all.
If I had to rank the first episodes it'd be:
Moon Knight
Loki
Wandavision
Falcon
Hawkeye
What if

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on my face when the show ended and I forgot that Disney doesn't drop all the episodes at once.

Disgustingly bad car chase and the usual annoying MCUisms aside, I quite liked this episode. Certainly very interesting.

Oscar Issac is killing the role so far. I genuinely feel for Steven and can't wait to see more of Marc.

Ethan Hawke is wonderfully creepy.

(Watches the first 30 seconds...)

Nope, not for me, not watching this series, definitely not.

Er what exactly turned you off in the first 30 seconds?
A visceral reaction to the image of shards of glass in shoes. I felt physically sick, the way I did with the neck-snapping scene in the pilot movie of the Galactica reboot, and with the deep-fryer scene in that episode of Spooks/MI-5.

A visceral reaction to the image of shards of glass in shoes. I felt physically sick, the way I did with the neck-snapping scene in the pilot movie of the Galactica reboot, and with the deep-fryer scene in that episode of Spooks/MI-5.
Ah gotcha, fair enough.

Was that an uncensored middle finger on Disney+?

I really enjoyed this episode. I want more. I don't know much about Moon Knight, but I have some basic knowledge of his concept and things look great. His costume was fun. My fiancée who knows nothing about Moon Knight and is hooked on this show already.

Oscar Isaac is killing it.

It is a fine episode, can’t say I’m hooked though. I could use some more context why an Egyptian cult leader appears in a small Swiss/German town already with a following of all places (I could ignore all speaks English without a hint of accent). Maybe they would elaborate later. I would rate it 3.5/5.

Last edited:
I look forward to just how bad Stephen's bloody fist will look in the censored version.

I never took the "it is like the Netflix shows" claims very seriously, but dear god, is this such an obvious MCU project.

First of all, my big issue is the whole middle Alps adventure. Even beyond the bad CGI and obvious attempts to cut down as much action as possible, the sheer existence bothers me. Rather than do a slow burn of the pilot episode of Stephan experiencing the blackouts, time loss, and weird things happening, no, just straight to an action sequence out of nowhere. That is played off as a dream, rather than building any tension or effect.

And the cinematography is atrocious. Would working a little on lighting to create atmosphere be too much? I mean, I'm not expecting Jessica Jones here, but just give me a little.

Positives, I like Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke. A ton of room for improvement. I want to see the hilarity of Stephan and Dane Whitman on screen.

Yeah this definitely felt cinematic

Perhaps Feige's greatest crime is reducing the expectations for "cinematic"

It’s definitely more cinematic than AoS, but the cgi looked pretty lame. Hope that changes

Was that an uncensored middle finger on Disney+?

I really enjoyed this episode. I want more. I don't know much about Moon Knight, but I have some basic knowledge of his concept and things look great. His costume was fun. My fiancée who knows nothing about Moon Knight and is hooked on this show already.

Oscar Isaac is killing it.

It has 16+ rating here in Finland. That's the highest for a MCU show. After the edits made to FATWS, it seems a bit odd. :funny:

Solid first episode. Loved Oscar Isaac and Hawke in this, they were both very good. It's intriguing to follow a character that is not yet connected to the rest of the MCU. Can't wait for next episode.

It has 16+ rating here in Finland. That's the highest for a MCU show. After the edits made to FATWS, it seems a bit odd. :funny:
I heard that they mistakenly uploaded the edited FATWS episode.

So Steven probably isn't actually talking to his mom on the phone. My first thought was that he thinks he's leaving messages for her, but actually Marc (or even Jake) has been using them to get caught up on what Steven has been doing.

Also, the golden street performer is confirmed to be Crawley by the credits and the showrunner.

Not sure what to make of this episode. It's the first show I feel could rival WandaVision as the best Disney+ series so far though.

Hawke has potential to be on the better MCU villains too.

The groundwork was laid and the show ended on a high note so I think it'll just get better going forward.

I didn't even notice it. Unless it's a main character, I don't pay attention to background CGI at all during these movies/shows.

I think the general audience probably wouldn’t notice it. I guess if you have some background with graphics or just watch a ton of CGI heavy movies it’s more noticeable. Either way, it didn’t bother me.

or could this be Latveria???

It is a fine episode, can’t say I’m hooked though. I could use some more context why an Egyptian cult leader appears in a small Swiss/German town already with a following of all places (I could ignore all speaks English without a hint of accent). Maybe they would elaborate later. I would rate it 3.5/5.

there’s a lot clickbaiting on YT right now about this being Latveria.
First they mentioned it was in the Alpes during the episode.
Second: the first look of Latveria will look more expensive in the MCU

there’s a lot clickbaiting on YT right now about this being Latveria.
First they mentioned it was in the Alpes during the episode.
Second: the first look of Latveria will look more expensive in the MCU

Well Latveria is near the Bavarian Alps so technically it could still be Latveria...im sure its not...but obviously i am not the only one who hasn't thought it could be and frankly, its long overdue for them to bring that nation into the MCU....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"