Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 5: "Asylum" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
700e41f2c69e412a86eae7aa68d24c59767ce6f4.gifv

Episode synopsis:
Marc & Steven search through their memories to find their truth or become left behind.

Discuss the 5th episode of Moon Knight here.

I was worried this episode would be stuck in the hospital and a bit boring. Thankfully, I was wrong. 15 mins left, and this has probably been the best episode by far.

Still, 5 episodes in and I still don't feel like the show has properly started. Almost like this is a 10-13 episode series, as a opposed to 6.

Last edited:
Yep, I enjoyed this one a lot.

Though, I'm kind of annoyed we're not gonna get Jake until the last episode. They've certainly teased him enough (most recently with that "went AWOL in a fugue state" anecdote).

I liked this one. Comfortably the best episode. Still feel weird about the show and that it feels really strange that it ends next episode as it just seems like so little of substance has happened up to this point. Guess we'll see where this goes. Good episode though, thumbs up.

Though, I'm kind of annoyed we're not gonna get Jake until the last episode. They've certainly teased him enough (most recently with that "went AWOL in a fugue state" anecdote).
I assume Jake is the third personality I have been waiting for. Super interested.

Also if Moon Knight isn't an ongoing show, I will legit be shocked. More then any of their shows, this one is the one that feels like a proper television show imo.

Ok this was a good episode with no qualifiers needed, definitely my favourite so far. Doesn’t feel like the show should be over with one more episode (same feeling I had with Hawkeye with 2 and 1 episode to go). 6 episodes is not a lot so if you’re going to stick to that you need to be much more efficient with time and start telling the story earlier and consistently throughout. I’ve liked Isaac all the way through this show and hope he gets to continue this role in the MCU with the show having taken care of the backstory. Also the hippo was cool lol. Hopefully the final episode is great but I would have preferred there was more room left.

I assume Jake is the third personality I have been waiting for. Super interested.

Also if Moon Knight isn't an ongoing show, I will legit be shocked. More then any of their shows, this one is the one that feels like a proper television show imo.
Actually yes, a second season is needed more than an extra episode or so. There’s too much to cover here. Also I could see Marvel wanting to tie Isaac down and get him to appear in the films too.

Great episode and deep insight into Marc’s psyche which was definitely needed. Even though it lacked action, there was a lot of substance IMO. Can’t wait for the season finale. I don’t think there will be a second season though. I think this is supposed to be a one and done miniseries. They will probably have Oscar show up in other shows or just the movies themselves.

I thought for sure that the introduction of Jake was gonna be the "cliffhanger" at the end of this episode. When Marc and Steven's two hearts weren't balancing, my first thought was "They need Jake's heart to balance!" :huh:

they just officially showed his origin and we get only 1 more episode seems like this should have gotten at least 9 episodes

but i was genuinely saddened by Steven dying I had a similar thing happen growing up abusive christian household i bounce to NY and my steven was my cousin who stayed in PR couldn't leave and years later he let the demons get the best of him i to this day think about him

if the story calls for it they really need to expand on this 6 episode mess

I have to chime in with the choir and agree that this was easily the best episode and it feels like it's only just begun even though next week is the finale. I don't mind 6 episode seasons but I'm thinking this maybe could have gone for at least 8 to explore more of his origins.

I don't think I'd have been as crushed seeing Steven being consumed by the realm of the dead if it wasn't for Oscar Isaac just absolutely killing it in this show.

Also unless I missed something earlier in the season, I believe Taweret's mention of the Ancestral Plane was the first reference to the greater MCU in the show. I'm impressed the writers were able to restrain themselves for that long and even then a brief mention of the Ancestral Plane is nowhere near as obvious as making the easy callbacks to Thanos, the Blip, Tony Stark, etc. We'll see what happens in the finale but not being so tied in to what's come before is refreshing for this show, and I say that as someone who was disappointed that the Netflix shows only referred to Hulk and Cap as "the big green guy" and "the flag waver".

I suppose we might find out next week if it's anything like Loki's season finale which teased a second season. I would assume and hope that's the plan for Moon Knight since this is the first of the Disney+ shows to be solely based around a character we've never seen before in the MCU. I'd like to see more of Marc's origins and early years as Moon Knight explored in future seasons. This episode was a good start to that. The only downside to the probable greenlight for a second season is that we'd be waiting at least two years for it due to the busy overall schedule of the MCU on Disney+.

Another really enjoyable episode for me. Loving this show so far but it does feel like one more episode won't be enough.

I think we need plenty of Moon Knight himself next episode also and I would watch a season 2 of this in a heartbeat.

Also I am really bummed about losing Steven.

they just officially showed his origin and we get only 1 more episode seems like this should have gotten at least 9 episodes

but i was genuinely saddened by Steven dying I had a similar thing happen growing up abusive christian household i bounce to NY and my steven was my cousin who stayed in PR couldn't leave and years later he let the demons get the best of him i to this day think about him

if the story calls for it they really need to expand on this 6 episode mess
Very sorry to hear mate. :csad:

This show feels like it’s just about covered the backstory which would be like the end of act 1 in a film and now is jumping straight to the finale without building enough of the plot in between. Shame as there’s a lot of potential here.

The structure of this show is still weird and I'm still not sure if they are going to nail the landing, but I have to agree with you guys that without a shadow of a doubt this was best episode of the season so far.

I just wish this was the episode we got two episodes ago, but man so much great character depth and emotion in this episode and Oscar Issac's performance was just amazing on so many levels.

Seriously, his range in this episode alone show's why he was such perfect casting for this role and if you give him the right material, he can definitely elevate whatever he's been given.

Also, I was a bit skeptical at first at how they would handle the inclusion of such a strange, new character but Taweret ended up being a pretty awesome little addition to this show.

Very sorry to hear mate. :csad:

This show feels like it’s just about covered the backstory which would be like the end of act 1 in a film and now is jumping straight to the finale without building enough of the plot in between. Shame as there’s a lot of potential here.

appreciate the sentiment brother

i feel the show just started after that episose and now it will end the next week
just feels rushed to make this story just 6 episodes

Man....An abusive mom is somehow so much sadder than an abusive dad.

And Oscar Isaac's acting is so perfect. I only wish I wasn't so used to him delivering perfect performances, because it barely phases me anymore.

The structure of this show is still weird and I'm still not sure if they are going to nail the landing, but I have to agree with you guys that without a shadow of a doubt this was best episode of the season so far.

I just wish this was the episode we got two episodes ago, but man so much great character depth and emotion in this episode and Oscar Issac's performance was just amazing on so many levels.

Seriously, his range in this episode alone show's why he was such perfect casting for this role and if you give him the right material, he can definitely elevate whatever he's been given.

Also, I was a bit skeptical at first at how they would handle the inclusion of such a strange, new character but Taweret ended up being a pretty awesome little addition to this show.

makes X:AOA that much more tragic with how they handled that charater with the talent they had playing him unforgivable

In a universe with a walking tree, a talking raccoon, and an animated talking clock, I knew Taweret would be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"