Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 6 "Gods and Monsters"

Out of genuine curiosity.... why do people hate big final battles? It feels like everyone wants something quiet and intimate.... but at the same time if that happened, I don't think they'd be satisfied. I thought the juxtaposition of the gods fighting while Moon Knight fights AH was fun visually.

Out of genuine curiosity.... why do people hate big final battles? It feels like everyone wants something quiet and intimate.... but at the same time if that happened, I don't think they'd be satisfied. I thought the juxtaposition of the gods fighting while Moon Knight fights AH was fun visually.

I mean, there is a valid reason to not want a "big battle": you want the stakes to be personal and intimate, rather than a cliched "fate of the world". If the main dramatic conflict is about a character making the right decision in the face of personal weakness, for instance, it gets kind of deflated if the right decision is trivially easy because any other choice is basically suicidal. Even the biggest selfish coward can find it in them to fight if not fighting means they die.

Its just, it generally feels like whenever the final conflict *isn't* about the fate of the world, people complain just as loudly about it being "pointless", because apparently any stakes less than "mass death ensues" don't actually matter. I usually figure that a complaint of "I don't want a big battle" is not actually a real and accurate wish, its a placeholder for someone not having a better way to describe what they actually want for a story ( to others or even themselves ).

Depends on the story. And given the story we had, the power ranger battle made no god damn sense.

Marvel Assembled The Making of Moon Knight is now available for streaming on Disney Plus.

For one thing, I had no emotional connection to what was going on in the end of Moon Knight at all. Also, I felt like once Marc had his powers back, there was no stakes or suspense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"