Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 4: "The Tomb" (SPOILERS)

What is with these MCU shows and episode 4 repeatedly being the worst of the bunch. This show at this point just barely keeping my interest, which at this point is entirely tied to Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke's performances.

This episode started bad, got halfway interesting when the mental hospital aspect was brought in, but it was completely squandered by not sticking with it and basically revealing it's all a ruse too early. This show has interesting ideas and what seems to be a cool mythos to explore, but this studio is not equipped to properly handle it.

You know, in a 6 episode series, I really don't think you have time for the whole "episode in your mind" gimmick. Even if it does give Oscar Isaac to work on his Tatiana Maslany work, still not what should be going on in what is likely to be the bulk of the next episode.

I understand that people may not like the 13 episode length, but dear god, sometimes, you need more episodes to work with.

I hate, I MEAN hate the its all in your head this stuff never happened in stories makes me feel like I wasted my time leading to thst reveal. I hope they stick the landing here but man F thst ending

if that would be the case it would’ve happened in the last episode not the 4th.
I’m pretty sure the mental institution setting is all in his head, to process with his locked memories.

I also wasn’t too surprised with the reveal, because it was teased in the first teaser in January and you see the corridors of the mental institution in the credits…it was obvious we visit that part during this story

The good thing: I can remember only 1-2 scenes from the promos, that haven’t happened yet. So it was obvious for me, what will happen until now but the last 2 episodes seem to be very open now

Last edited:
I hate, I MEAN hate the its all in your head this stuff never happened in stories makes me feel like I wasted my time leading to thst reveal. I hope they stick the landing here but man F thst ending
I mean, it seems pretty obvious to me that that's not what's going on here and Marc figures that out very quickly too. I've seen people both praising that they didn't drag it out and that quickly showed their hand since it's a tired trope, as well as people saying they would've liked for them to keep up the mystery and confusion for longer than they did to keep them guessing. But almost every reaction I saw people already concluded that it wasn't all in their head.

Really enjoyed this episode personally. Need to see the last 10 mins again as I fell asleep through my own exhaustion but loved the Indy/mummy vibes.

Is that rhino lady at the end something from the comics?

i see you guys mention you got clues from the trailers or prior promotional material but i've stayed away from spoilers ever since someone spoiled the Tony Stark death and snap

totally ruining10 years of build up for me so i'm going into things with marvel cold turkey especially characters i have no prior connection with so that ending was so abrupt for me

so appreciate being called a dumb ass for not noticing the clues in the trailers lol

j.k :applaud

I don’t feel upset about it. Instead of having 10min of enjoyment by being surprised I had 2 months of anticipation- which feels better.

Some things I need to know, before being slapped in the face in the cinema. I need to know before MoM if the villain behind it all exists or if it’s just Wanda.
I will never forget how dissapointed I was, watching Indy 4

I feel like this would've worked better as a movie. The show kinda meanders at a lackadaisical pace because it can afford to.

I've overall enjoyed the Disney Plus shows but I've long felt that they don't quite know how to make episodic story-telling work. The first two episodes of Moon Knight were paced quite well I thought, but the last two have been speed-running through a bunch of lore and subplots that don't quite cohere.

Yeah they could‘ve searched longer in that tomb - they found the solutions (labyrinth shaped as the eye of Horus, secret passage, ushapti inside the bidy of Alexander the Great) a bit fast.
It reminds me when the nerds of TBBT solved the riddles in the escape room too fast.

You know, in a 6 episode series, I really don't think you have time for the whole "episode in your mind" gimmick. Even if it does give Oscar Isaac to work on his Tatiana Maslany work, still not what should be going on in what is likely to be the bulk of the next episode.

I understand that people may not like the 13 episode length, but dear god, sometimes, you need more episodes to work with.
More episodes would be nice in theory, but they can barely come up with enough plot for 6. Which is weird to say when we have two episodes left and I honestly have not a single clue as to what either of them will be about or how far we are into the story. It certainly doesn't feel as if we're over halfway through.

Last edited:
More episodes would be nice in theory, but they can't barely come up with enough plot for 6. Which is weird to say when we have two episodes left and I honestly have not a single clue as to what either of them will be about or how far we are into the story. It certainly doesn't feel as if we're over halfway through.

Except they are clearly rushing things. I mean, there is a whole third personae that we have gotten, what, 2 small references to? So when that comes out, it is going to be more of an asspull than big reveal, because that wasn't given the time it needed.

Hawkeye made up for its rather rushed plot with some wonderful character bits. We are not getting nearly enough Oscar Isaac on Oscar Isaac action to make up for the pace of the plot here.

Probably the best episode so far which isn't saying much. May Calamawy is still the best thing about the show and the last 10-20 minutes are really interesting even though Legion did it so much better.

I like this show quite a bit, but I agree that it prob could have been condensed into a movie.

I definitely don't think this show is some huge disaster or anything, but I don't think it has quite lived up to the potential and promise of those first two episodes either which is the most frustrating thing about it IMO.

Granted, I haven't outright disliked any of the episodes so far like I did with Hawkeye, but its kind of obvious now that they just didn't have enough material for a 6 episode show let alone 10 or more.

A 2 hour to 2 and half hour movie would have made a lot more sense and now it feels like the pressure is on for them to really nail these last two episodes which I am honestly very skeptical about.

Outside of Loki none of these Disney Plus Marvel shows have had a satisfying finale IMO, but I'm still hoping for the best and trying to enjoy the ride as much as I can.

The shows are reliant on being associated with the films at this point. They can’t compare to the other non-comic-based best shows out there. I like watching them, but there isn’t much urge to rewatch. There’s been no Mandalorian yet on the Marvel show side.

I really like the episode, and the new twist (and setting) the character(s) took.
But yeah, that final shot was a bit campy, although it made me laugh.
1650546410719-png.573143

I do wish they had gone a more similar approach to Khonsu as a fantastic skeletal mummy
Hippo skulls are terrifying. Imagine if this thing had waved hi instead.
That would have been sensational.
6ddi9t.gif

6ddj5u.gif

Last edited:

Six definitely wasn't enough here.

I really like the episode, and the new twist (and setting) the character(s) took.
But yeah, that final shot was a bit campy, although it made me laugh.
I do wish they had gone a more similar approach to Khonsu as a fantastic skeletal mummy

Hippo skulls are terrifying. Imagine if this thing had waved hi instead.
That would have been sensational.
6ddi9t.gif

6ddj5u.gif

tbh every skull without skin also look scary. Even mine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95