Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 4: "The Tomb" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
jan-17-2022_19-12-19.gif

Episode Synopsis:
Marc & Steven must find balance as supernatural threats ahead look to stop them.
Discuss Episode 4 of Moon Knight here.

I'm referring specifically to Steven who has bugged me for the last two eps now.

Also, I knew this ending was coming, just based on the way people were talking about episode 4.
I am super curious to know how you saw THAT coming. :funny:

This show is an odd one. I like parts of it, but it's not really coming together. And despite going for Indiana Jones and being an adult show, it honestly reminds me more of the whole genre of "teaching mythology to kids" books that I was really into as a 13 year old. It's... odd. :o

I enjoyed the episode and especially the ending but yeah I saw something like that coming given people’s reactions to the ending on social media. I should stay away from twitter because I feel like I would have been more shocked if I didn’t know there was any hype about the ending.

Anyone that has seen a movie/tv show based on multiple personality disorder could have seen this coming. It’s such an old trope, but I’m a bit skeptical of everything we’re seeing in general. I’m sure this “mental institution” is just Arthur playing with Marc or something similar.

Just to echo what some have said, it seems like for an “adult” show, this isn’t coming together for me. In some moments it feels genuinely horrific and thrilling, but these moments are almost immediately undercut with Steven’s personality and the Marvel humor.

I liked the episode but I agree with most people's opinion that the show isn't coming together smoothly. I don't know what is it though... I want to say writing/pace, but I don't know exactly what isn't working.

Okay the last 10 minutes of this episode was some of the most bizarre, random stuff I've seen introduced into the MCU yet and honestly, I still don't know how I feel about it.

I mean I loved the first season of Legion, but I wasn't expecting that kind of tonal shift for this show, especially when most of it has been so heavily focused on the adventure aspects.

The Indiania Jones/The Mummy vibe is what I was loving the most about this show so far and for it to all of sudden become an entirely new genre this late in the game is pretty jarring IMO.

I still liked the episode overall though, but I definitely understand people's criticisms now and it just doesn't feel like its going to end on a strong note with only two episodes left.

It's funny because people pitched this show to me as "Legion becomes Batman", which of course was very much an oversimplification. The final part of this episode was copying Noah Hawley's Legion almost beat for beat, but not executed quite as well. Overall, I still enjoyed it though.

Overall I would say this show has been very entertaining for me. There hasn’t been an episode that I didn’t like, unlike other shows like Loki and TFAWS which I found uneven. So far it’s probably my favorite of the MCU shows so far.

Well RMB loved the episode, despite being somewhat torn on this version of Moon Knight.

I love the Indiana Jones vibes 2/3 of the episode though editing could be way more sharp. It was the best episode for me so far.

I'm having a blast with this series. Even more than WV and Loki. Isaac just keeps delivering, also I'm in love with May Calamawy? She's fantastic.

That was my least favorite episode so far.

Enjoyed episode 3, but this was pretty disappointing.

A lot of it felt like running from place to place and frantically doing things without much of an actual story or plan. Busy work!

Layla becomes a little more developed in this episode, but once again the standout performer is Hawke.

Honestly, we could use more time with Marc, not just he and Steven *****ing at each other - like actually see more of Marc's backstory, because at present he's kind of hard to care about and Steven....well he's just a bit of a useless ****.

Shame they couldn't actually shoot in Egypt- no doubt the local economy could use a boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"