Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 2: "Summon the Suit" (SPOILERS)

The way Marvel's handled Moon Knight (and Fisk) so far makes me worried for Daredevil. I know it's not going to be like it was on Netflix but I'd rather they leave the character alone than get a four-quadrant, family friendly version.

I'm not super familiar with Moon Knight, but the runs I have read (Huston, Ellis) were totally different in tone than the show. It's a shame all Marvel movies/tv (outside of Sony) have become such a homogenized brand, and yet the comics are so diverse in their tone and target audience. Aaron's Thor, Hickman's Fantastic Four, Brubaker's Cap, Milligan's X-Statix and BKV's Runaways can all co-exist on the stands, but the films and shows are all stuck with the same sitcom tone. I wish Feige would be open to something like Marvel Knights, establishing an imprint for the more adult characters. There's room in the market for it, I don't get why they wouldn't want to capitalize on it.

Really loved this episode. Personally, I don't get the complaints about the tone. Yeah, Steven is goofy, but he needs to be in contrast to Marc. The vast majority of the humor here feels very different, much drier, than your average MCU Whedon-ized quips. And I never felt like they broke the ambience of the scenes. Moon Knight is still brutal. I savaged the jackal in the first episode, impaled the one here. And last episode we saw him take out a whole bunch of human adversaries, clearly not caring if they died, and left blood all over the place.

Also, I LOVED the invisible jackal. The CGI is fine, but they know it's not perfect, and this is a good way around it. And more power to them, because it is WAY scarier when you can't see it. Very reminiscent of 'The Invisible Man' with the way the water and blood made it just slightly visible, but otherwise was just a savage, unseen force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"