Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 6 "Gods and Monsters"

Snow Queen

Universally Loathed Feminazi (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss the series season finale of Moon Knight here.

43548de685836d635687d3228256b0b6088f8af9.gifv

Credit

I can't say I dislike the show, but I also can't say it's good. Episode 5 was really good, but on the whole it feels like a whole lot of nothing. Also stringing out the third personality stuff over the last three episoded felt absurd after a while. I liked the payoff scene though, I'll give it that, but how they handled building it felt sloppy.

They went with the classic big ole MCU finale. I rather enjoyed it. Thought the action was fun, and it was nice to see Layla in action. The "Eygptian superhero" moment was very transparent, but if it puts a smile on a some people's faces, who am I to complain? The episode did feel a little scattershot at times, and not in the split personality way, but overall I thought it worked.

Also thank the heavens it had a proper post-credit scene after that Hawkeye disaster.

Finale was entertaining though I felt a bit rushed. To be honest, this entire season could have been one 3 hour long movie. Again, the series has been held back with subpar visuals. Effects almost felt like something out of the early 2000s.

There better be a second season because I felt there almost no closure and left more questions than answers, plus they can’t leave us hanging with that mid-credits tease

Layla looked sexy AF in that costume :hrt:

Strong finale. The last 2 episodes really solidify this as a great backstory for Moon Knight and the underlying personalities.

The crocodile goddess was cool.

The stuff between Marc and Steven was touching. “You are the only real superpower I ever had”

Tawaret speaking as Layla :D

Her outfit and wings were great. Really hope we get to see more of her.

The action was good here, Moon Knight getting more fluent, Layla a good partner (hope she can exist in the MCU going forward too), some action between Gods. Even some hints of Jake.

Btw keep watching for the mid credits scene.

Very happy with how this has ended despite losing its way in the middle episodes, and now there really has to be more.

Been saying this story needed more than 6 episodes that was rushed as hell. And what a cop out we don't actually see how he got the best of Harold ? Just all of sudden he's on top with the killing blow.

0 -5 in finales getting little tired of the show formula where the last episode is a CGI sky battle.

Been saying this story needed more than 6 episodes that was rushed as hell. And what a cop out we don't actually see how he got the best of Harold ? Just all of sudden he's on top with the killing blow.
There’s no way we don’t get more now, but imagine if that really was it for Moon Knight! Such strange pacing and unnecessarily short season length (maybe due to budget - although the effects weren’t always convincing anyway). The show’s got my interest back since episode 5 and I really want to see more at least.

But yeah that was a huge cop out! :D :csad:

The last two episodes were great. I don't know what you guys were expecting but this was definitely much more satisfying than the finales of Loki, Falcon, etc.
My main gripe is that I wanted to see more of Ammit. She seemed like a very interesting character and her argument with Khonshu was compelling. Also, it was easy to deduce that with a third personality lurking somewhere Khonshu's release of Marc was a sham. But for the average viewer who had no idea about Jake it probably was a genuine surprise when he showed up at the post credit.

And I couldn't disagree more regarding the CGI. Ammit, Taweret, and Khonshu looked amazing. The only really bad visuals were in the first episode.

Last edited:
Man I was about to RAGE until that end credits scene with Jake. :funny: That should not have been saved for the end credits though, imo.

Solid finale. Episode 5 was still the best, but this definitely landed better than most of the Marvel D+ finales so far for me. I don't think Layla's in the comics (at least not the ones I read), so her getting to suit up as well was a nice surprise. I do hope we get a S2, as I feel like we barely got to see Moon Knight just being Moon Knight. Kinda like my beef with the Punisher series, tbh, though I hope this show wouldn't keep trying to find ways to avoid it like that one did.

The finale wasn’t as good as the episode before it but it was still pretty entertaining with a lot of action. It was great seeing Marc and Steven work together and Moon Knight and Mr. Knight changing pretty seamlessly. Also, Mr. Knight has some pretty badass moves! It was pretty awesome seeing Maya become an avatar too and her costume looked great. I hope she gets integrated into the MCU films with those powers too. Marc and her make a great pairing like Antman and Wasp. The post credit scene definitely sets things up for a season 2. I doubt they would continue this particular story into a film shared with other superheroes. I wouldn’t mind seeing an actual solo Moon Knight film though.

Anyway, this series is definitely my favorite MCU show to date. I was consistently entertained throughout. There wasn’t one episode where I was bored unlike the other MCU shows.

The last two episodes were great. I don't know what you guys were expecting but this was definitely much more satisfying than the finales of Loki, Falcon, etc.
My main gripe is that I wanted to see more of Ammit. She seemed like a very interesting character and her argument with Khonshu was compelling. Also, it was easy to deduce that with a third personality lurking somewhere Khonshu's release of Marc was a sham. But for the average viewer who had no idea about Jake it probably was a genuine surprise when he showed up at the post credit.

And I couldn't disagree more regarding the CGI. Ammit, Taweret, and Khonshu looked amazing. The only really bad visuals were in the first episode.
It’s the visual for Moon Knight himself that I think could use some extra work.

These last 2 episodes turned the show around for me. Up to then I was quite worried for how it was going to turn out.

i saw the episode preparing for work didn't see post credit scene it made that fianle go down easier sure but still feels like it needed 2 more episodes just my take

I really enjoyed the finale, but there is no way a 35 minute episode without credits is going to feel all that satisfying or complete, especially when their are only 6 episodes to begin with.

Obviously, I am there for Season 2 Day 1, but I do hope Marvel rethinks this 6 episode model because IMO its just not enough to properly develop or establish their characters.

We should have seen a lot more of Ammit this season because that was a cool character to introduce as an antagonist, but it felt so late in the game and out of nowhere.

More scenes between her and Khonshu would have been great and we could have had a really interesting Egyptian god vs. Egyptian god dynamic.

They also waited way too late to show us the Jake Lockley personality and in a mid credits scene, but at least it was a lot better than what we got in the mid credits for Hawkeye.

I didn't have a problem with the action or the special effects in this episode either and seeing Layla and Moon Knight kick ass together was pretty awesome.

Much like WandaVision, the season peaked with the penultimate episode but the finale was still solid. It could have benefitted from being maybe 10 minutes longer.

The highlights were Layla suiting up and Marc and Steven reuniting and working together. The Khonshu vs. Ammit fight was pretty cool too. I have to agree with the rest of you that Jake should have been introduced much earlier than the mid-credits scene but I guess they really want to save that for the next season. I'm also wondering when we'll next see Marc/Steven, because I'm sure he'll be back before Moon Knight Season 2.

Overall as far as the MCU D+ shows go, I'd probably rank Moon Knight below WandaVision and Loki but about the same as Hawkeye. Moon Knight had a stronger lead and better villain but Hawkeye had the better overall cast of characters.

It was a weird decision to skip the conclusion of the final fight between Marc/Steven v Harrow in favor for another Jake massacre - I felt robbed. It wasnt needed and we had enough hints, so the mid credit scene would still felt earned.

I liked the final, Leylas was really cool and I adore the "Egyptain Superhero" line. Effects were neither bad nor outstanding for me. Also the music choices were really inspiring in the entire show.

I need an upgrade for the fight scenes though. The bathroom scene in episode one was the closest thing we get in terms of Daredevil action and I need more of this. The mid credit scene was promising about that on the other hand.

i saw the episode preparing for work didn't see post credit scene it made that fianle go down easier sure but still feels like it needed 2 more episodes just my take
The show needing more seems to be everyone's take lol. They must have already planned more as it would be seriously dumb if this was it.

Man I was about to RAGE until that end credits scene with Jake. :funny: That should not have been saved for the end credits though, imo.

Solid finale. Episode 5 was still the best, but this definitely landed better than most of the Marvel D+ finales so far for me. I don't think Layla's in the comics (at least not the ones I read), so her getting to suit up as well was a nice surprise. I do hope we get a S2, as I feel like we barely got to see Moon Knight just being Moon Knight. Kinda like my beef with the Punisher series, tbh, though I hope this show wouldn't keep trying to find ways to avoid it like that one did.
There’s no excuse to do that any more. They’ve covered the backstory to this character well. Now time to move on with the payoff and see Moon Knight in all his/their glory!

I love hero partners suiting up in general and they gave Layla an awesome outfit that went well with the setting and some cool moves. I’d quite like her to become a hero going forward too.

I really enjoyed the finale, but there is no way a 35 minute episode without credits is going to feel all that satisfying or complete, especially when their are only 6 episodes to begin with.

Obviously, I am there for Season 2 Day 1, but I do hope Marvel rethinks this 6 episode model because IMO its just not enough to properly develop or establish their characters.

We should have seen a lot more of Ammit this season because that was a cool character to introduce as an antagonist, but it felt so late in the game and out of nowhere.

More scenes between her and Khonshu would have been great and we could have had a really interesting Egyptian god vs. Egyptian god dynamic.

They also waited way too late to show us the Jake Lockley personality and in a mid credits scene, but at least it was a lot better than what we got in the mid credits for Hawkeye.

I didn't have a problem with the action or the special effects in this episode either and seeing Layla and Moon Knight kick ass together was pretty awesome.
I hope they haven't settled into a specific model. I could imagine there might be more straightforward shows with few characters and a direct plot that could be done well with 6 episodes but this was absolutely not one of them. The shows should be as long or short as they need to be depending how much they have to cover, and Marvel/Disney needs to budget appropriately for that given that the success of Disney + is their ultimate goal.

Jake will surely be a big deal next season and I hope Layla plays a big part and keeps the ability to suit up and contribute to the action along MK.

The show needing more seems to be everyone's take lol. They must have already planned more as it would be seriously dumb if this was it.

it's just baffling to me to be the #1 studio and you don't put more content from your #1 brand (Marvel) at least for me dont hav3 kids so all other content on disney + is not for me until i see relatives lol

it's just baffling to me to be the #1 studio and you don't put more content from your #1 brand (Marvel) at least for me dont hav3 kids so all other content on disney + is not for me until i see relatives lol
The quality and frequency of the new Marvel and Star Wars shows are vital for me to stay subscribed year round. I like the classic Disney stuff, the Pixar films and the existing MCU and Star Wars films but I already own what I want from those.

The finale wasn’t as good as the episode before it but it was still pretty entertaining with a lot of action. It was great seeing Marc and Steven work together and Moon Knight and Mr. Knight changing pretty seamlessly. Also, Mr. Knight has some pretty badass moves! It was pretty awesome seeing Maya become an avatar too and her costume looked great. I hope she gets integrated into the MCU films with those powers too. Marc and her make a great pairing like Antman and Wasp. The post credit scene definitely sets things up for a season 2. I doubt they would continue this particular story into a film shared with other superheroes. I wouldn’t mind seeing an actual solo Moon Knight film though.

Anyway, this series is definitely my favorite MCU show to date. I was consistently entertained throughout. There wasn’t one episode where I was bored unlike the other MCU shows.
Maybe better, as Layla isn't Wasp!

Pretty darn good finale. Layla was the MVP and her suit and powers were awesome, can't wait to see more of her. The action was much better here too, particularly the fights between Ammit and Khonshu and seeing Moon Knight and Mr Knight seamlessly switch back and forth was pretty cool too. The blackout on how he handled Harrow was a no-go though like why?

Overall this show was a mixed bag for me. It ended on a high enough note but I didn't particularly care for the first four episodes. I'm a little intrigued by a season two, mostly due to the credits scene here but aside from that? Eh, we'll see.

Probably my least favorite of the D+ series so far, either this or Loki. Based on what I've heard and read, they really MCU'd Marc and Moon Knight as a character which is a bit of a shame.

I came around to Layla. She was a bit boring in the beginning but the actress did a great job in the finale. But man, the other gods are lame and pushovers.

You can't have no s2 planned and have s1 all hinged on Steven/Marc being at odd-finding peace only to have Jake show up randomly and overpower both of them.

I'm ****ing angry.

I am confused as to how Moon Knight was going to interact with the rest of the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"