Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 6 "Gods and Monsters"

Someone explain the asylum stuff to me like I'm a five year old.

I'm assuming it's some kind of dream or astral plain. Marc/Steven travel there when they're unconscious, almost like some kind of purgatory-esque place between life and death. That's the way the show seems to be portraying it anyway.

3f285a04a66eb02c463c818bb6d637c487328a07.gifv

188c3b2ce61a7220c16d18e9c9e5150398c5c8ee.gifv

dd2475b87cb52ce5217935df93494de776e0236e.gifv

4e120d67281029229b3e9d2751f718d5465fbe25.gifv

1df6a14d3e1794de31baf91b05b169f3a9cc5136.gifv

f108560f1abe0bb04a238315b865a545ff222847.gifv

d0ecf9a303d3a59e76d9246ed0aeabb99ccd6d03.gifv

So, is the car Jake's manifestation of the suit?

Also, I liked this show. It's flawed, but still really enjoyable for me.

Enjoyed the finale, lots of good stuff. Yeah its a typical MCU, final finale punch up in a dark setting but its not the first to go that way and it had some pleasing moments and cool new characters and liked the way the "Gods" were fighting while the street level stuff was happening at the same time, it was certainly a stark contrast compared to the first episodes with some really ropey CGi.

Overall I really enjoyed the show, probably my favourite so far of all the MCU ones, it has some problems sure, but Oscar's performance and some of things in episode 5 really had an emotional punch some of the other shows lacked. IT was also nice to have show set well away from New York and the rest of the MCU, no relying on weak tie's ins to make its mark.

I will qualify this though in that I knew next to nothing about MoonKnight coming in really, so I cant say if this is a fair representation of the comic book character. It may be butchered in some people eye's but maybe that helped in my viewing in that I had little expectations going in.

The suit though was fantastic I have to say at least. I hope we get more from Oscar's Moonknight in some form. Hard to tell with these shows what will be back and what will show up elsewhere there's so many now.

Probably the best moment of the entire series.

I mean yeah it looks cool, but all I was thinking at that moment was "wait, so he can fly now I guess?"... Which says a lot about this show.

I'm kind of surprised this didn't end with "Moon Knight will return..." Makes it seem like Disney isn't as confident in this one.

Also I didn't get why Taweret was speaking through Layla. It doesn't work like that with Marc, him doing it is just part of his illness. (And Khonshu isn't one of his personalities he turns into, as far as I know)

Why does Moon Knight even need a grappling hook and why does he just conjure one out of nowhere? The suit itself is magic and makes him invincible and un-killable. He can basically do anything. What good is a grappling hook?

I mean yeah it looks cool, but all I was thinking at that moment was "wait, so he can fly now I guess?"... Which says a lot about this show.

I'm kind of surprised this didn't end with "Moon Knight will return..." Makes it seem like Disney isn't as confident in this one.

Also I didn't get why Taweret was speaking through Layla. It doesn't work like that with Marc, him doing it is just part of his illness. (And Khonshu isn't one of his personalities he turns into, as far as I know)
All the gods speak through there avatars, it's just we don't see them breaking between there Normal human guises and then back to God's

All the gods speak through there avatars, it's just we don't see them breaking between there Normal human guises and then back to God's

I forgot about the council... but to me it seemed like they just wanted to give the Layla character a "fun" scene like Marc.

Why does Moon Knight even need a grappling hook and why does he just conjure one out of nowhere? The suit itself is magic and makes him invincible and un-killable. He can basically do anything. What good is a grappling hook?

Is Moon Knight Invincible though? In episode 2 or 3 he was getting beat up pretty bad when they were with Layla's ex. (?) Seemed like he was really in trouble there.

I genuinely still don't know exactly what all of his powers are after watching an entire season. Like does the suit give him fighting skills, or is that all Marc? And yeah, a grappling hook doesn't make any sense if he can fly apparently... we needed a scene of him figuring out his powers. They did it a little bit with Steven, but that wasn't enough

Is Moon Knight Invincible though? In episode 2 or 3 he was getting beat up pretty bad when they were with Layla's ex. (?) Seemed like he was really in trouble there.

I genuinely still don't know exactly what all of his powers are after watching an entire season. Like does the suit give him fighting skills, or is that all Marc? And yeah, a grappling hook doesn't make any sense if he can fly apparently... we needed a scene of him figuring out his powers. They did it a little bit with Steven, but that wasn't enough
Marc was a mercenary long before he became an avatar, he definitely has his own fighting skills. Those were showcased in Episode 4, when he was holding his own without any power.

As for the flying, it seemed that this was the first time Khonshu had given him that ability. Probably because it crossed the lines imposed by the other gods, but Khonshu is past caring at that point.

He got impaled by 6 spears and pretty much walked it off plus his cloak is completely bullet proof, so I do think there was an issue of there never really seeming to be a risk to Marc's safety as long as he has the suit and the enemy doesn't have magic.

after seeing it a second time, I like it more.
The series is enjoyable (especially episode 4 & 5), just not that what I expected.
The VFX, especially Ammit, look more expensive, than the jackals and purple abyss from the 2nd episode.
But the suit forming around Marc after being resurrected just looks like video game effects.

my gf and roommate know absolutely 0 about Moon Knight and they LOVED the show. I was ok with it, I know surface level things about him, just know he looks cool and has funny interactions with The Punisher, but it does seem like fans of MK either hate it or are on the fence.

my gf and roommate know absolutely 0 about Moon Knight and they LOVED the show. I was ok with it, I know surface level things about him, just know he looks cool and has funny interactions with The Punisher, but it does seem like fans of MK either hate it or are on the fence.

I hated it.

LOL! Loved the build up, hints and reveal of Jake.

Also, I thought Jack was locked in a sarcophagus in the underworld? They made it such a big deal for Marc to release Steven and for them to escape through Osiris door together, but Jack somehow found his own way out?
Cause Jake is implicitly not "out" yet.
Steven and Mark now recognize and know about each other , they still don't "know" Jake.

Over all could have done with less Egyptian deity exposition and Kaiju battle, yet it was mostly entertaining background. The real story was in Steven/Marks/Jake's psychosis.
Fantastic show and finally.

Last edited:
I hated it.
Glad you cleared that up hahaha

I really enjoyed it. Loved the idea of it more than the execution but enjoyed nonetheless. I think I'm a sucker for the Supernatural.

Ammit looked fantastic! How to make a crocodile clearly feminine and cool. Well done!

Their fight had weight to it as well, nicely done.

Yeah, I enjoyed the show and the episode. Warts and all!

Yeah this show was awesome, loved it. Easily up there for me with Loki and Hawkeye as my favorites of the MCU shows so far.

My take is that Moon Knight can't fly. However, *Khonshu* can make him fly, by his own power and intervention ( at least at night ). This requires Khonshu to actually choose to use MK as a channel for such an effect, though, which is dependent on how much Khonshu actually feels like acting in his own right. Remember, Khonshu is a dick.

Basically, there are powers Moon Knight has as a benefit of being an avatar, which are dependent on the costume but ultimately under his own control ( as long as Khonshu doesn't strip him off his avatar status or get imprisoned, natch ). This would include enhanced physical stats, healing, various weapons and armor that are controllable by his thoughts, and the ability to perceive and interact with mystic forces. Then there are things Khonshu can do, which Moon Knight as avatar has the privilege of asking be done, and even if done are *not* under his direct control.

I didn't enjoy this series and thought it was the worst of the Disney+ shows so far. I didn't even feel like watching the finale and only did so because I had watched all the episodes so far but it was a hard slog to get through.

My take is that Moon Knight can't fly. However, *Khonshu* can make him fly, by his own power and intervention ( at least at night ). This requires Khonshu to actually choose to use MK as a channel for such an effect, though, which is dependent on how much Khonshu actually feels like acting in his own right. Remember, Khonshu is a dick.

Basically, there are powers Moon Knight has as a benefit of being an avatar, which are dependent on the costume but ultimately under his own control ( as long as Khonshu doesn't strip him off his avatar status or get imprisoned, natch ). This would include enhanced physical stats, healing, various weapons and armor that are controllable by his thoughts, and the ability to perceive and interact with mystic forces. Then there are things Khonshu can do, which Moon Knight as avatar has the privilege of asking be done, and even if done are *not* under his direct control.

Moon Knight can't do jack slack without Khonshu and that's f'n boring.

Marc Spector/Moon Knight actually has agency in the comics without just Khonshu's influence.

I mean, Moon Knight is a very effective fighter and that's true regardless of Khonshu even in the show. It's just the added powers the show has added that aren't from Marc Spector.

Ah good, after a good, reflective episode, break out the giant power rangers battle.

That's So Marvel.

Take that out and the ass pull of the black out in the big fight, would have been a decent finale to a mediocre show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"