House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 2 "The Rogue Prince"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
7XwiwyH.png

Last edited:
20$ says this or the next episode ends up showing Daemon’s more “heroic” moments, since he’s supposed to be just as beloved as he is despised.

20$ says this or the next episode ends up showing Daemon’s more “heroic” moments, since he’s supposed to be just as beloved as he is despised.
Hope so. He needs a little more balance. :)

They could have him conquer the Stepstones for some noble reason. Not just because he wants his own kingdom. Maybe there is a thriving slave trade there or something equally awful and he puts a stop to it.

They could have him conquer the Stepstones for some noble reason. Not just because he wants his own kingdom. Maybe there is a thriving slave trade there or something equally awful and he puts a stop to it.
My expectation is that, at minimum, almost all his vices get revealed as wartime virtues to his men, regardless of whether their cause is just or not - his “frat boy posse” treatment of the City Watch is likely great for the morale that he and Corlys’s army is going to need, and I suspect we see him fighting on the beach so much to show that he’s a brave and selfless frontline general in combat.

The Triarchy’s member cities *are* involved in the slave trade of Essos, so they may not even need to do much more than just establish that since the Westerosi forces have outlawed slavery, they’re naturally liberators to any prisoners they free.

And at the end of the day, Corey’s is supposed to be the one who crowns Daemon, not Daemon himself.

I doubt he’ll lose all his edge, though; I could easily see them having Daemon downplay or mock the more heroic interpretation of his actions in favor of simply enjoying the combat and conquest for its own sake… and simply make it clear that’s not bad *in the right circumstances,* but still says nothing good about him in peace time.

I’ve also got a theory that the series intro, if it shows up here, will feature Viserys’s model castle and dragon figurines; that way, they can “update” the map later… featuring which dragon belong to whom, and which ones have fallen or are mismatched.

I’ve also got a theory that the series intro, if it shows up here, will feature Viserys’s model castle and dragon figurines; that way, they can “update” the map later… featuring which dragon belong to whom, and which ones have fallen or are mismatched.
I was thinking it'd be the map in Dragonstone, but that's a really fun alternative as well! Can't wait for the episode.

Edit: Oh, the real one is already up and actually more clever and interesting.

Last edited:
Sort of wish they'd come up with a new theme for the opening, but at the same time, hearing the Game of Thrones theme does still conjure up some good feelings.
My thoughts exactly. It does feel strange that they're using the same theme when they could have gone something more in line with Ramin Djawadi's Targaryen theme but since the main GOT theme is so epic I'll let it slide.

Another good episode tonight.

Another great episode IMO that was definitely more character/dialogue driven compared to the premiere, but it still had me pretty much engrossed from beginning to end c'mon that standoff was pretty awesome.

Daemon was only in this episode for like 5 minutes and Matt Smith still made the most out of it by completely dominating the scene although Rhys Ifans was no slouch either and also held his own.

I really hope we get more scenes of those two characters onscreen together throughout this season and after this episode I definitely can't wait to see the chaos caused by this Daemon/Corlys team up.

Glad to see the opening credits after Episode 1 dove straight in. Episode 2 was every bit as good as the first. This is going to be a very high quality show. Good characters everywhere. Looking forward to seeing how it all develops.

Another great episode IMO that was definitely more character/dialogue driven compared to the premiere, but it still had me pretty much engrossed from beginning to end c'mon that standoff was pretty awesome.

Daemon was only in this episode for like 5 minutes and Matt Smith still made the most out of it by completely dominating the scene although Rhys Ifans was no slouch either and also held his own.

I really hope we get more scenes of those two characters onscreen together throughout this season and after this episode I definitely can't wait to see the chaos caused by this Daemon/Corlys team up.
Character driven suits me when the characters are authentic like this with good actors behind them. I’ll happily be rewatching the 2 episodes so far.

While I haven't spoken on her before I really do think it's worth mentioning just how great Milly Alcock has been in this show so far and its especially surprising considering she's pretty much a newcomer yet she's able to hold her own with a lot of heavy hitters in particular Paddy Considine and Matt Smith.

I thought Rhaenyra really came into her own during this episode and stood out more so than she did in the premiere although it helps when you give her so many great little moments like the scene with Daemon.

She is definitely becoming one of my favorite characters in this show and I also really appreciated the subtle, creepy, build up for The Crab Feeder which was pretty much just a bunch of disturbing visuals and no dialogue which made it even more perfect IMO than just some random bad guy monologuing.

The re-used theme, the lack of tension, the pedo-ass ****… let alone that terrible vocal dub.

I’m out. Nathan Fielder presents more tension and dread on The Rehearsal.

The pilot wasn’t great, but I had hope and all of that went out the window before half way through this second episode.

Ahh, good, plenty of incest and pedophilia. :barf::barf::barf:

A+++ wig game continues.

Caraxes' sound design is great. Different and creepy than what we've seen from the other dragons. I loved the visual of Rhaenyra arriving on Syrax.

Not a lot of Viggo though.

I do have some issues with how they seem to burning through the time. Making these episodes just a little screenshot of time doesn't feel to do the stories justice, imo. I mean, we are going right from the announcement of the marriage to Allicent to them having their first child next episode. That feels like it is burning a lot of story potential to quickly get to the Dance.

Good episode, but two things stuck out to me. 1) I'm not of the GOT theme being reused. Seems like a dumb mandate when Ramin Djawadi could make another great theme. 2) I haven't read the books, but I don't think Condal's dialogue is as captivating as D&D's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"