House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 2 "The Rogue Prince"

I would love a game where you could fly around on the dragons. I don't know if Lego would make a game for this. I hope we get more games though in this world.
I want a realistic AAA game based on GoT and including dragons. I like in the show when there are defences against dragons too to be fair.

I'm sure it happened all the time in the Middle Ages gentry. :(
I’m sure people going for a dump also happened regularly back then, doesn’t mean we need to see it in the name of realistic entertainment.

I want a realistic AAA game based on GoT and including dragons. I like in the show when there are defences against dragons too to be fair.
yeah a couple games like drakengard and lair way back when had potential and had mechanics that would suit this. You fly when you need to and land on the ground when you want to. So imagine you are attacking a castle from the air, but you can also land and fight with a weapon against the army if you wanted to. Or maybe the scorpions are too hard to get past in the air, so you land to take them out on foot. Lets say it is easier to take the castle with dragonfire, but you do less damage to the castle if you land and fight with a weapon. So there would be less repair after you take the keep if you don't burn everything. Or boats on the ocean you can burn them all or land and try to take them for your fleet.

yeah a couple games like drakengard and lair way back when had potential and had mechanics that would suit this. You fly when you need to and land on the ground when you want to. So imagine you are attacking a castle from the air, but you can also land and fight with a weapon against the army if you wanted to. Or maybe the scorpions are too hard to get past in the air, so you land to take them out on foot. Lets say it is easier to take the castle with dragonfire, but you do less damage to the castle if you land and fight with a weapon. So there would be less repair after you take the keep if you don't burn everything. Or boats on the ocean you can burn them all or land and try to take them for your fleet.
Sounds like some interesting mechanics if you can control dragons, heroes and fleets. I would love if they could get something like this together. Would no doubt cost a lot but would probably do really well.

Rhaenyra should have burned Otto, the Grand Maester who killed her mother, and the King's Guard to ash and went back and said Cole was enthusiastic to please his king and attacked Daemon and Caraxes killed them all.

ed4ac286-82f4-47fa-b3a0-8f0ba9fee9c7_text.gif
I can see her getting more ruthless as the show goes on. She will do what needs to be done.

Not to me. I thought the scene looked great.
Oh no, I'm not saying it looks BAD. They did great work, but it does feel a bit less tactile at times. Overall, there's just a benefit to physical locations for the feel of the show.

Unrelated, but as someone who didn't read Fire & Blood, people are playing much too fast and loose with spoilers online. Two episodes in and I've already scrolled past three major book spoilers. It was never that bad for me during GOT.

Oh no, I'm not saying it looks BAD. They did great work, but it does feel a bit less tactile at times. Overall, there's just a benefit to physical locations for the feel of the show.

Unrelated, but as someone who didn't read Fire & Blood, people are playing much too fast and loose with spoilers online. Two episodes in and I've already scrolled past three major book spoilers. It was never that bad for me during GOT.
Yeah, that's really unfortunate. It's frustrating to see it, I feel like the internet in general has gotten way too cavalier about spoilers in the last few years. I don't remember it being this bad, but it's gotten to the point I have to blackout social media until I watch a new episode of something like The Mandalorian. I get it's hard with something like this where the whole story is already out there, but I've bent over backwards to try and avoid spoilers since the show started and non-readers tuned in. But some folks just have no courtesy.

The entire story of the show, The Dance of Dragons, is only 8 chapters long and is related like history or a wiki article. It's a lot easier to spoil the material than it was spoiling 5000+ pages of content for GOT.

Besides, due to the way Fire and Blood is written, by a historian recounting the hearsay of two unreliable and at times conflicting sources, even readers only know the broad strokes until the show fleshes things out. So don't worry. There's a lot of the show that can't be spoiled, because it's just not written down or fleshed out yet.

Last edited:

yeah i'm done with looking at episode reviews they analyze the current episode then throw in a spoiler for future episodes without warning.

yeah i'm done with looking at episode reviews they analyze the current episode then throw in a spoiler for future episodes without warning.
It's really rough when people start theorizing and you want to engage with the convo have have to thread the needle of not giving away the game.

The biggest instance obviously being Daemon and Rhaenyra's relationship, with so many people already picking up on potential romantic undertones and theorizing about that. And the trajectory of Criston's character, who's getting introduced as an underdog hero. Also w/Vhagar and if/when she'll show up - I didn't even realize most new fans probably don't realize we've already seen her in the trailers.

But it is a lot of fun - as someone who read the books after GOT ended, it's cool to be on the other side this time and watch how people interpret and predict things as they play out.

Another great episode. This show is just off to a great start so far with characters I care about and want to see more of. The Crab Feeder is creepy as hell and I love it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"