Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 September 2015

EarthShaker

Civilian
Reaction score
ABC already renewed Season 3, and confirmed on Tuesday (May 12) that all the current series regular will be returning. That includes Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse

did they say Jemma was coming back?

Well you don't end the season like that if the character isn't coming back. She is listed for the Season 3 starring cast and I think if Hendstridge was gone from the show we would have heard about it.

Plus they'd be idiots to kill the character off.

Although I really hope we don't have to wait a few episodes before we see her POV like this past season where it was 2 or 3 episodes before we caught up with her.

Does anyone think season 3 would get more viewers back if they rebranded it: "Agents of SHIELD: Secret Warriors"?

Last edited:
ABC already renewed Season 3, and confirmed on Tuesday (May 12) that all the current series regular will be returning. That includes Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse

The first thing I did after watching the finale was go to google and look up if May was going to be in season 3. I mean, at first I was like, "thi skind not be happening" but when she goes back and gets her gun I felt a little better, but not enough not to check.

Also from the looks of that ending it seems like Mack is coming back! And with a job upgrade! Can they just make him a cast regular so I don't spend all my time worrying he's going to leave or die?

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/agents_of_shield_season_3_time_jump_terrigen_crystals_spread_simmons_answers-2015-05

There will be a time jump going into Season 3

The "Agents of SHIELD" writers are currently putting together their plan for Season 3, and as it stands right now they're planning for some sort of time jump between the end of Season 2 and where they pick up again. They just haven't decided just how much time is going to be used up in that transition.

what does this mean for Jemma?

Tough to say. I mean, logically, they should know immediately what happened ( like, minutes after it happened ). This means whatever time jump should involve Fitz and company spending a lot of time trying to figure out what the hell happened to Simmons. Could always be the season opener has a subplot of "Fitz finally gets the device to cough up Simmons".

Does anyone think season 3 would get more viewers back if they rebranded it: "Agents of SHIELD: Secret Warriors"?

Possibly. I'm still watching, but am becoming increasingly bored with the SHIELD angle and aspects of the show. Now that SHIELD is basically irrelevant in the MCU films it just seems incredibly forced and disconnected on the show, even with the "Theta Protocol" reveal and (minor) AOU tie ins.

Rebrand the show like you suggested and have these Agents backing up a team of Inhumans/Enhanceds with May, Hunter and Bobbi supporting on the human muscle side. Fitz and Simmons still do science, and Coulson leads the large scale support via this version of SHIELD. Basically it'll be its own mini network TV-Avengers.

Tough to say. I mean, logically, they should know immediately what happened ( like, minutes after it happened ). This means whatever time jump should involve Fitz and company spending a lot of time trying to figure out what the hell happened to Simmons. Could always be the season opener has a subplot of "Fitz finally gets the device to cough up Simmons".

I'm honestly starting to think that it's in Elizabeth Henstridge's (Simmons' actress) contract to skip the first few episodes of each season for an extra long summer break. :D

The first thing I did after watching the finale was go to google and look up if May was going to be in season 3. I mean, at first I was like, "thi skind not be happening" but when she goes back and gets her gun I felt a little better, but not enough not to check.

Also from the looks of that ending it seems like Mack is coming back! And with a job upgrade! Can they just make him a cast regular so I don't spend all my time worrying he's going to leave or die?

Mack should get demoted. He's been in charge of alien artifacts for 1 day and already 1 of the team has gone missing.

I wonder most what's up between Lance & Bobbi. Not only did she act like she wanted to "retire" from the SHIELD gig,but they acted like she had months of surgery/rehab ahead of her.

But if they do a time jump,where has Simmons been all that time? (maybe the thing let her out and we'll be left to guess it's effect on her?)

Mack should get demoted. He's been in charge of alien artifacts for 1 day and already 1 of the team has gone missing.

Hey, Mack told them not to touch it, then they went and did just that.

The artifact room should be locked up, and guarded from the outside...after placing a few of those things Fitz created to stop teleporters, just in case there's any more of them around.

I liked how the show finished up in season 2. Thought the SHIELD vs SHIELD aspect dragged on and I'm sorry to see Raina go in a way, but I like how they handled Cal/Mr. Hyde's arc. It will be a shame to not see McLachlan again, but I feel where they left his character that it would be best they keep that closure for his character.

I'm really interested to see how they're going to handle super powered people in season 3. I really would like to see some costumed characters too. SHIELD has felt lacking in both and I didn't really like the powered individuals McLachlan's Cal broke out earlier in the season. They all seemed pretty weak. I guess I just want SHIELD to feel more comic booky at times.

It was interesting seeing Ward just keep on going all out evil again rather than have a more redemptive arc. Not sure how I feel about him apparently trying to set up his own version of Hydra. Ward doesn't strike me as the leader type, more of a grunt or loner in some ways. Plus the guys we're introduced to it does seem like he's really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to wannabe Hydra goons.

Possibly as much as it meant for Fitz at the start of season 2. They didn't pick up directly after him being rescued either. Whether that means they pick up with Jemma being absent/trapped or they skip that part and explain what happened through flashbacks or exposition, who knows?

Lesson 1. Keep Fitz in a separate room from any alien artefact or dangerous objects in general at all times. lol

Next season they need to try and have more Marvel Universe/superhero connections.

IMHO that is what is hurting the show. Flash and Arrow aren't afraid to show people in costumes. Time to change that.

Here's what I want to see for season 3:

1. Bobbi kicks the ever living dog snot out of a Ward for a good measure of revenge.

2. Hunter shoots Ward

3. May kicks Ward's ass and shoots him.

4. If Ward is still some how alive near the end of the season, have Jemma kill Ward with a splinter bomb.

5. Secret Warriors vs. Ward's Warriors. A well organized team centered around people with powers vs. The Hydra biker gang. Seriously, they stand no chance.

6. Fitz and Simmons go out on a dinner date and we'll see where it goes from there.

Here's what I want to see just once:

1. Bobbi kicks the ever living dog snot out of a Ward for a good measure of revenge.

2. Hunter shoots Ward

3. May kicks Ward's ass and shoots him.

4. If Ward is still some how alive near the end of the season, have Jemma kill Ward with a splinter bomb.

5. Secret Warriors vs. Ward's Warriors. A well organized team centered around people with powers vs. The Hydra biker gang. Seriously, they stand no chance.

6. Fitz and Simmons go out on a dinner date and we'll see where it goes from there.

Or better yet, a newly-empowered Simmons disintegrates Ward with her powers (Because, let's face it, that goop gave her powers rather than killing her).

Most people discuss whether Simmons is dead or has new powers, but I think there are other options. Someone already mentiond time travel - like Simmon being spit out in the past. But I thought it might also communicate in some way - either as a medium or having a sort of its own personality. Simmons might receive some important information about Kree/Inhumans that would strongly impact the story of season 3, she might aso go a bit crazy in the process. :)

Most people discuss whether Simmons is dead or has new powers, but I think there are other options. Someone already mentiond time travel - like Simmon being spit out in the past. But I thought it might also communicate in some way - either as a medium or having a sort of its own personality. Simmons might receive some important information about Kree/Inhumans that would strongly impact the story of season 3, she might aso go a bit crazy in the process. :)
its possible the artifact could "teleport" her somewhere/somewhen

its possible the artifact could "teleport" her somewhere/somewhen

Thing to note though is that whatever the stone does, it's meant to be something that jeopardises the safety of the Inhumans; hence why they wanted to secure it. As such, granting special powers feel somewhat counter-intuitive since isn't that the Inhumans entire schtick to begin with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"