SEASON FINALE! Episode 12:'Conclave'-review thread.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Well remember what Blade was telling Shen in the car?

He let them go knowing that Marcus had now moved up the ladder in the Vampire hierachy (after taking out all the purebloods from the house) and that Krista was with him, therefore letting them go would also get him 'deeper 'into the workings of the Vampire community, seeing as how Krista is his mole.

thanks to u and blksuperman

sorry i was baked when i was watching it so my attention span was kinda low lol

anyways i figured thats how it went down. well it does have potential for a Season 2.

by the way the part at the end of the finale where Blade was about to kill Marcus, well we all know Sticky's cockeyed but man can't they make him look a little more normal. Those eyes bug me. He should always keep his glasses on lol. another question...do they use a contact lense to keep his other eye somewhat staight? only reason i ask is because that one eye seems a little red plus his eyes look straight at times.

J Alba's Lover said:
I think she might fully turn bad and side with marcus but she'll go back to blade cause he wouldn't know until probably the second season finale.

This is exactly what I see happening. Marcus is not gonna let her spy on him anymore so she will have to turn it all around on Blade. Plus the feelings that she has for Marcus are going to come into play. Krista couldn't stand it when Blade was about to ash Marcus. Marcus had known for a few days to a week that she was spying and still kept her around. Their relationship is very conflicted.

Chris Wallace said:
I think he was onto her for longer than that.

Your probably right because in episode 12 when Krista goes to pick up the folder that contained the location of the conclave,Marcus grabs her hand and tells her that would be a terrible mistake. He also never tells her whether he trusts her or not,he just says he only trusts those he knows. I think Marcus suspected Krista for awhile. Now that Marcus is probably going to have to go underground he has to make sure that Krista is with him fully. I noticed when he took her back to Blades hideout Marcus told her he wanted to tie up some loose ends. So Marcus wants no mistakes at this point,so he will have to wear Krista down and make sure that she doesn't stray again.

Whatever happened to the Hannibal King and Dr.Karen Jensen cameos Goyer was talking about? Does this mean, all along, he knew there would be a season 2? It seems that way to me, as they sure weren't in season 1.

I'd rather not see Hannibal. But bring on Karen!

She "discovered" it moreso than invented it, but yeah.

Maybe they will bring her in to be a love interest for Kirk. I am not sure that Blade gets much love though. I never did read Blade comics.

He's unlucky in that arena. Last love interest I remembe rhim having turned out to be a vampire in disguise; she hypnotized him b/c she wanted to have a Daywalker baby. Last one before that was kidnapped by the vamps. They left him a note saying where to find her, & he was convinced she'd been turned. So of course when he saw her running at him w/red eyes & fangs, he didn't hesitate to run her through. But when she didn't ash, he realized what they'd done. Contacts, false fangs, & drugs to make her delusional.

Whatever happened to the Hannibal King and Dr.Karen Jensen cameos Goyer was talking about? Does this mean, all along, he knew there would be a season 2? It seems that way to me, as they sure weren't in season 1.

He always said that "if the show continues" he would do those cameos. He never said they were happening this year.

Chris Wallace said:
He's unlucky in that arena. Last love interest I remembe rhim having turned out to be a vampire in disguise; she hypnotized him b/c she wanted to have a Daywalker baby. Last one before that was kidnapped by the vamps. They left him a note saying where to find her, & he was convinced she'd been turned. So of course when he saw her running at him w/red eyes & fangs, he didn't hesitate to run her through. But when she didn't ash, he realized what they'd done. Contacts, false fangs, & drugs to make her delusional.

Oh that is so sick. :wow: Now I see why Blade probably stops himself from getting to close to a woman.

Chris Wallace said:

From the comics i take it?

That last one sounds really cool if incorporated into the series.

From the comics i take it?

That last one sounds really cool if incorporated into the series.
These events took place in the MAX series a few years back.

No, no, no-Marvel's adult imprint-MAX. Basically it's the line that allows the type of graphic violence & f-bombs you can't have in mainstream comics. It was a 6-issue miniseries, & the only way Blade can truly be done justice since the movies.

Chris Wallace said:
No, no, no-Marvel's adult imprint-MAX. Basically it's the line that allows the type of graphic violence & f-bombs you can't have in mainstream comics. It was a 6-issue miniseries, & the only way Blade can truly be done justice since the movies.

Oh Ok LOL. I know what you are talking about it's almost like the ultimates,a lot darker and all.

Yeah, but again, pretty much anything you can do or say in an "R" rated movie you can do & say in a MAX book.

I really wish they'd release the recent Blade MAX series in trade paperback form. I read an issue here or there and liked what I saw...

Question:

If Chase had accepted Charlottes offer, why the hell did she give her the sword/bomb to blow up her plane?

Could Charlotte have known about the bomb, and made preparations in advance to survive the blast via a secret safe compartment or something? If you notice, that when the bomb starting bleeping, her and 'Lurch' gave each other a look, but it wasn't fear; it was a smurk, as if to say "The plan is underway". I couldn't understand why they looked at each other that way until today, when i thought about Chase's betrayal.....Chase and Charlotte were setting up Marcus up all along.

Question:

If Chase had accepted Charlottes offer, why the hell did she give her the sword/bomb to blow up her plane?
Maybe she didn't know that or maybe she wanted to be higher up herself.

Great season finale. With a cliffhanger like that, bring in season 2.

Question:

Could Charlotte have known about the bomb, and made preparations in advance to survive the blast via a secret safe compartment or something? If you notice, that when the bomb starting bleeping, her and 'Lurch' gave each other a look, but it wasn't fear; it was a smurk, as if to say "The plan is underway". I couldn't understand why they looked at each other that way until today, when i thought about Chase's betrayal.....Chase and Charlotte were setting up Marcus up all along.
No-Chase didn't want to tip her hand too soon. Had she not given Charlotte the bomb then Marcus would've realized her betrayal sooner.

Bishop2 said:
It occurs to me that Krista has gotten stupid.

1) An earlier episode showed us that Krista left Cathon and called Blade from a phone booth when she needed to contact him. Now, apparently, she was too dumb to do that and slipped up somewhere?

2) If Chase survived being in the explosion in Munich, how in the hell did Krista think she'd die after falling down a flight of freaking stairs?

I agree on both counts! Another good episode. They have to have a second season with season one ending the way it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"