Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's Untitled The New Jedi Order Film (Post-TROS, Rey Returns)

I gotta say, I appreciate the fact that they're announcing projects one film at a time now (and hopefully seeing them to fruition). That way they can let the stories establish themselves before they try to branch them off into sequels, trilogies, sagas and whatnot. The premise behind this sounds like a springboard for a lot of possibilities, and I'm into it.

And it's fantastic to have Ridley back. She was never the problem with the ST, and she deserved far better than what she received.

Honestly, excited. Love Rey - she got utterly miss-handled in Episode IX.

Daisy deserves a soft-reboot sequel, wash off that JJ stink.
What a weird thing to say about the guy who cast her and directed her most successful venture as Rey to date. :funny:

What a weird thing to say about the guy who cast her and directed her most successful venture as Rey to date. :funny:
...clearly I'm talking about the trash character-background reversal he pulled with TROS.

Let alone all of the weird Snow White aspects.

She was the mvp of Episode VII, and was getting to flex in Episode VIII... all for it to be squandered with the last film.

The Duel Of The Fates script proves that.

...clearly I'm talking about the trash character-background reversal he pulled with TROS.

Let alone all of the weird Snow White aspects.

She was the mvp of Episode VII, and was getting to flex in Episode VIII... all for it to be squandered with the last film.

The Duel Of The Fates script proves that.
She's the MVP of the ST.

I'm not going to comment on what The Book of Henry guy was going to make, but his track record speaks for itself. TROS is the way it is, for a lot of reasons not tied to JJ himself. There is a trilogy that was announced a long time ago not happening for the same reason.

It continues to amaze me how even when good news comes, fans feel the need to be so negative.

Truthfully, I see the ST as more of an origin story for Rey, Finn and Poe. I honestly feel like they should all come back. They were always going to be in the shadow of the legacy characters in the saga movies, and those movies were juggling an awful lot with bridging the old and new-- not to mention having Kylo as an equally important character. It was a fighting an inevitably losing battle the way they set it up IMO.

For all its faults, I still think TROS finally showcased the trio of characters as a team and that was really enjoyable to see. It made me feel like I'd totally watch more adventures with them at the center. Just felt like kind of a tease.

I think the new movie will have to address what role the Jedi are going to have in the New Republic and how it's going to differ from the Jedi of the past. This is pretty much the thing I was hoping to see the sequel trilogy be about in the first place.

Just because it's inevitable that these all gets dredged up again--

The announcement, build-up to and release of TFA was one of the defining times of my movie-life. Adore that movie and everything around it to bits.

TLJ was the one that I never thought would happen-- it seriously damaged my love of Star Wars, and it hasn't recovered since.

TROS was... scraped together, desperate, and... barely a movie.

But with Rey coming back, I'm hopeful she gets to shine in a way I don't believe she was able to with all the STUFF happening around her, and no mystery box being the main talking point of her arc. Let Daisy really make her grow.

TFA was an amazing experience for me as well. I hadn't felt that excited watching a movie since TDK trilogy. TLJ left me feeling numb at first but I grew to appreciate it over time, despite not liking some things. TROS made me realize that it was all pretty much a mess and I was ready to completely move on. But I always had a soft spot for Rey, and I think there's potential to tell a powerful story if it comes to fruition.

Just sitting here, waiting the next few years for the next addition...
fef5dffdc955a8eacd4b3acb31a5ba1d7230c603.gifv

c20074d8852033959c73e73bc300bcd74c20ce7b.gifv

c87e2c3404bd47606912694033290079e49c3c76.gifv

Somebody dressed in black, wielding a red lightsaber. Just... please don't let this person be Rey's fallen apprentice. Do something else.

If we’re going the predictable route, it’ll be another fallen apprentice that happens to be her relative on a mission to finish Palpatine’s legacy.

I wonder if Finn will be back.

I need to see a stately Poe Dameron.

For me, I need these three aspects of her character continued...

(heart/compassion)
4aefd2c94e5fbd3e85e0111f32953008.gif

(wonder/nerdiness)
7aa3420423b6e0f6bbeb870fad3f09cb.gif

(fortitude/bravery)
85f4e03af75ea3d6bce5e8b1fa24fbdd.gif

...and all three are why Rey rules and why her New Jedi Order could be a delight.
Agreed, agreed, and agreed!

Theoretically, she should have a new lightsaber. It's been years, and her staff blade is a bit clumsy. But I'm hoping she has two. Need that yellow blade to get some work.

Calling it now, this movie will have Rey finding a more grown and capable Grogu. I'd bet money on it.

Oh the tears will be delicious.

A beloved character from The Mandalorian and a “despised” Sequel Trilogy character…together? In one film?

The simultaneous haters’ head explosions from all of the rage and confusion will glorious.

Interesting. I wonder why they chose 15 years as the time skip considering how significant that much time is. Granted, it could just be because they wanted the character to be closer to Ridley's actual age.

Either way, neato. Not an ST fan in the slightest, but its good that they're finally going to start moving forward in time and start building something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"