Iron Fist Should Taskmaster Appear?

I would kill my first born son for Taskmaster to appear.

^^ While I was on the fence about Taskmaster, I think I have been persuaded. :devil: :twisted:

I would love to see Iron Fist completely master martial arts only for Taskmaster to come in memorize his moves and beat him to the ground in a moment where he realizes he'll have to be more unpredictable or something along those lines.

Plus an EXACT adaption of his costume onto screen no half assing. I love Taskmaster's design.

I would love to see Iron Fist completely master martial arts only for Taskmaster to come in memorize his moves and beat him to the ground in a moment where he realizes he'll have to be more unpredictable or something along those lines.

Plus an EXACT adaption of his costume onto screen no half assing. I love Taskmaster's design.

Ugh, no. The last thing we need is some dumb "all you know are katas" plot. Firstly, because Danny Rand has had to fight real, deadly, battles before, as trained by warriors who have fought real, deadly battles before. Secondly, because he damn well should be a superhuman combatant, with physical capabilities developed through exotic chi training as acquired in a city of literal immortal martial arts wizards. Trying to mimic his motions and exertions should give Taskmaster a sprained back.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Iron Fist power. Granted Taskmaster should appear in one of the Netflix series. I think this plot(excerpt from Wikipedia) would be great for an episode of Daredevil.
Having escaped the authorities, he set up a base in a derelict graveyard in Brooklyn, where he battled Spider-Man(replace Spider-Man with another hero or some random SHIELD agent) and then escaped. Taskmaster then competed in a contest against Tombstone, where he battled Daredevil and the Punisher.

Daredevil fighting Taskmaster in a team up with Punisher, not a comic book fan on Earth who could say no to that.

Honestly, not really. If your talking about the comic version, or assuming they will be equivalent, Taskmaster isn't in Danny's league. Tasky's good, but he's basically at the top of the human range, a guy who can give Cap a solid fight ( or win more often than not, but only because he's specially adapted to Cap's fighting style ). Danny is well beyond that. Taskmaster shouldn't be able to take on Spider-man, and he equally shouldn't be able to take on Iron Fist.

I'm also really kind of iffy on how much drama you could get out of his, relatively shallow, merc antihero persona. It just doesn't meaningfully interact with Danny's themes. You'd be better off using him with Luke Cage, where you could draw comparisons between their attitudes towards using their abilities to make money.

I like Taskmaster (back before AoS first aired I had high hopes he would be used on the show, although now that they are leaning towards the Inhumans I don't see as much of a place for him) but I agree that Iron Fist feels like an awkward place for him. It's not even about power levels. To be honest I don't really know where Iron Fist's power level lies. On the one hand when he faces down the other Immortal Weapons he seems in a league possibly just one step above Spider-Man, but in most other stories he comes off as nothing more than a kung-fu expert - heck, half the time he sticks to doing leaping kicks at things and doesn't even bother with the whole Iron First notion. Which, hey, if you can beat them with a ballerina slipper to the face I say go for it. I've just never thought too much about his proper placement in the Marvel Power hierarchy - like so many characters he seems to be about as powerful as the story calls for. And with his strategy to mimic and exploiting a person's strengths against them, Taskmaster can be pretty challenging.

There are definitely some versions of Taskmaster who can take some versions of Iron Fist. Then again, that can be said to be true of so many heroes and villains. However, I can easily see the show's writers presenting him as a proper challenger to Iron Fist.

To me the far bigger hurdle to include him is that he just doesn't seem as good a fit for the character. Out of the four Netflix shows I would say Daredevil is probably the best fit. Okay, yes, we don't really know enough about the other series to be making such statements but just based on the characters...

Jessica Jones whole thing is that she isn't that great of a superhero so she takes her skills to the realm of private investigation, so putting her up against someone whose skill is that he makes an excellent fighter just seems like a poor mix. Similarly, Luke Cage's power isn't exactly "being an expert in any style of fighting It's being able o take a bullet and not even blink. So while Taskmaster might be able to perfectly mimic standing there like a badass I don't see how it would work. In terms of a power match up, yes, Iron Fist does seem like the best choice because at least he has moves to copy. The problem is more finding a place for this paid mercenary in Iron Fist's story. One assumes it's going to be more on the mystical side than his sister series, and Taskmaster just doesn't seem to have the right flavor. Yes he can copy all Iron Fist's moves, but really MOST of Iron Fist's enemies are going to be martial arts experts of some type so you're not gaining anything visually by having him around. And again, story wise it just seems there are better choices, but of course the show is so far away. It will be a while longer before they give us enough for us to really judge whether or not Taskmaster would be a good story fit.

Put me down for thinking Task Master would be a great addition to the show in some capacity.

Nah, just because they're both martial artists doesn't mean there's a place for Taskmaster in the show. Story-wise he doesn't even fit.

Let's focus on getting Iron Fist baddies in there first.

But IF doesn't have that many iconic or long time villains to draw from. I am not saying Task Master is a must but I would love to see him if they did use him and he's a good fit to face Danny to my eyes. YMMV of course.

While Tasky is one of my favorite marvel Villains (loved him since I read the issue with him training John Walker to replace Steve as Cap), I'm not he really fits. You want a viable tactical/martial opponent? Davos or the Ninja.

Both fit better (even if the second is far for cliche than just about anything else they can use), and are more appropriate.

I suppose you could have the Meachums hire Taskmaster, or some of his students - which might be a better tie. A mention of his school.

While Tasky is one of my favorite marvel Villains (loved him since I read the issue with him training John Walker to replace Steve as Cap), I'm not he really fits. You want a viable tactical/martial opponent? Davos or the Ninja.

Both fit better (even if the second is far for cliche than just about anything else they can use), and are more appropriate.

I suppose you could have the Meachums hire Taskmaster, or some of his students - which might be a better tie. A mention of his school.

I think you can have, if they choose to use him, a perfectly fine reasoning for TM to tangle with IF. A style of martial arts unknown to the rest of the world and a man that can copy any human physical movement? I can see him clashing with Danny just to get a feel for his style of fighting.

Again, it's not necessary but I think it's not out of left field either. Task Master has bopped around the Marvel U. so much he's a utility super villain in my eyes. A pros pro that you can fit in most any where.

He could work. Maybe as a one off or a recurring enemy, but not a regular enemy I would say.

I wish we could see more comic book style one-off comic characters for these shows.

I think you can have, if they choose to use him, a perfectly fine reasoning for TM to tangle with IF. A style of martial arts unknown to the rest of the world and a man that can copy any human physical movement? I can see him clashing with Danny just to get a feel for his style of fighting.

Again, it's not necessary but I think it's not out of left field either. Task Master has bopped around the Marvel U. so much he's a utility super villain in my eyes. A pros pro that you can fit in most any where.

I'm not saying this cannot be used as a first appearance, but how cool would that scene work if Task Master had been introduced into the MCU before?

Taskmaster would actually be cool showing up in multiple titles. It would showcase his abilities that much better being able to go toe to toe any style necessary.

As long as Taskmaster doesn't get ganked off in his first appearance, he'd be a perfect person to show up in an eventual MCU Thunderbolts movie (since that sort of movie would need to have pre-existing villain survivors to function, something the MCU doesn't have a lot of left running around...).

In an Iron Fist appearance, Taskmaster might make a cooler trainer-for-the-bad-guys than an actual bad-guy, functioning as he used to in the comics, as the guy who the villain hires to train his henchmen, not an actual criminal mastermind in and of himself. Without any real financial incentive to fight Iron Fist (or Daredevil, etc.) he'd likely only engage in combat long enough to pick up some moves, and then disengage and escape, using mooks or smoke grenades or threatening civilians or some similar gimmick to get away.

But if the bad-guys are going to be the Hand, they probably wouldn't have much use for the Taskmaster to train their genin...

IMHO, Taskmaster is a missed opportunity because he's a dude that could show up in a number of these shows, raise a little hell and then go on his way.

Taskmaster is more of a merc than he is a villain. He's a borderline antihero. He will fight heroes and work for bad guys, but he has his own code of ethics and honor.

His identity is hard to pin down because he's an expert copycat. Maybe at some point he's lost sight of his original personality. I feel like you can do a lot of fun stuff with that.

If it was my choice, I'd have Taskmaster do guest spots in multiple Marvel TV shows as like a part-time support antagonist for the heroes. But maybe at one point down the line he gets an expanded role.

Taskmaster is an interesting heavy because he has the ability to mimic any fighting style. That makes him difficult to beat. So hypothetically, Iron Fist would face an enemy that could perfectly mimic his fighting style. So Iron fist would have to think of a way to clear his mind and fight unpredictably against a threat like Taskmaster. That goes for a number of other top MCU fighters like Daredevil, Cap, Black Widow, etc.

I feel like Taskmaster should have a place in Iron Fist, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Agents of SHIELD and come Phase 4, both Black Widow and Captain America 4. This guy is a big deal who isn't just tied to one hero's rogues gallery.

Yeah exactly. I feel like we should've seen him in one of these shows by now, especially Agents of SHIELD which would really be livened up by a character like Taskmaster.

Then again if you believe the rumors, Marvel only regained Taskmaster rights recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"