So what DC movies are in the works?

adzyps3

Civilian
Reaction score
Can somebody clarify what Live action movies are in the development and what are only rumors.

Official...i think.

Dawn Of Justice
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Sandman

I heard rumors of these titles.

Deathstroke
Suicide squad
Metal men
Flash / GreenLantern team up

can somebody fill in the blanks for me please ?
Any titles i'v missed or just simply wrong about?

I don't think Justice League Dark and Sandman are official yet.

There are also rumors of a Wonder Woman movie.

I think tomorrow will give us a lot more flesh to the bones. He says hopefully....

Haha, I wish it was tomorrow. That additional 24 hours is going to kill me, lol.

so we will have a better understanding soon......hopefully

I hope there is an official release that says JLDark is not ever going to happen, so that I don't have to continually see it brought up.

I don't think Justice League Dark and Sandman are official yet.

There are also rumors of a Wonder Woman movie.

Sandman already has a producer and a writer, so I think Sandman is official.

Dark Universe is in the scripting stage.
Yep, Del Toro just confirmed that he's currently working on a first draft for Justice League Dark on MTV's live coverage of SDCC.

And that his incarnation of Constantine would definitely smoke like chimney.

Last edited:
Please let there be a Metal Men movie. :csad:

i will never understand that viewpoint ^

A Metal Men movie should be near the very end of the list of WB's DC movie priorities

My #1 wish is to FINALLY get a WW movie. I also think that Shazam is definitely a strong possibility, judging by the Rock's constant teasing of his mystery DC role. I heard a few years back that a Suicide Squad movie was in development, and a Deathstroke one as well, but IDK if plans have changed since then.

My #1 wish is to FINALLY get a WW movie.

I am completely clueless about Wonder Woman's mythology but I want to get to know about it. So a Wonder Woman film and more would interest me a lot.

I am completely clueless about Wonder Woman's mythology but I want to get to know about it. So a Wonder Woman film and more would interest me a lot.

I get your point, but if you want, you can watch the animated WW movie, which is good.

Metal men should be completely animated imo, live action sounds like trouble

Yeah, that sounds like it'd be a CGI nightmare. Even as "live action" the characters would still have to be all CGI all the time. Might as well drop the pretense otherwise.

i will never understand that viewpoint ^

A Metal Men movie should be near the very end of the list of WB's DC movie priorities

One can argue the same point with Guardians Of The Galaxy, a bit obscure, & yet they got their own movie & seem to be having box office success. The point I'm simply trying to make is that it never hurts to try something new with obscure characters, & I really think a Metal Men movie would be interesting.

So we have to wait until 2016 for the next DC film? Is this a joke? The last DC film was in 2013. Marvel have made 3 films since then. With 2 more next year.

Wtf is taking so long?

Every Batman film grosses 1 BILLION dollars. Give us some movies DC!

Marvel has the benefit of a singular entity devoting all its money and resources to making comic book movies. WB doesn't have that. They produce movies from every genre and need to divide funds accordingly. In addition to Marvel Studios, you have Fox and Sony adapting Marvel comics as well. So in essence that is three separate studios vs. only one for DC.

It just sucks we have to wait two years for a DARK superhero movie. I have no interest in comedy, light-hearted Marvel stuff. I'm an adult who enjoys more dark, complex, gritty comic book adaptations compared to jokey ones like Guardians and Iron Man.

If only they would get someone like Darren Aronofsky to do Green Lantern. He expressed interest in doing Wolverine but said he had to do it his way, which Marvel/Fox refused.
Imagine The Fountain visuals in the Green Lantern setting. With Ryan Gosling as Hal.

Aquaman should be directed by Nicholas Winding Refn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"