Homecoming So where does the spider come from?

No the mommy one eats the kids....

If that were true, spiders would be extinct.

Ya no stark, no oscorp. Just let it be peter is at some random experiment and a lone spider just got caught in the mess and bam.

And I don't want magic tied to spidey. Sure it's fun for once and awhile adventure. But I like my spidey more tech and science based.

This.

Spider-man is a skeptical, scientifically minded person. As such, he doesn't believe in the supernatural until he can see it for himself. During his first meeting with Madamme Web on TAS, she asks him to pick a tarot card, to which his response is 'Sorry, I'm not really what you'd call a believer.'

Last edited:
I prefer the accident angle. The first two movies had genetically modified spiders so scientist can give exposition. I feel like there will be brief flashback scenes during the opening credits and you can quick and non-verbally communicate it. Also I don't want Stark or Osborn to be involved, I'd prefer if they expand the universe and use Horizon Labs or something.

I disagree with the idea we shouldn't be given any details about the origin at all.

Unnecessary information, but if need be, make it an accident, don't involve it with Pym Industries and pull that bullcrap. Have it as a randomly tested Spider from Oscorp, don't try and tie it in with other characters or story arcs.

Unnecessary information, but if need be, make it an accident, don't involve it with Pym Industries and pull that bullcrap. Have it as a randomly tested Spider from Oscorp, don't try and tie it in with other characters or story arcs.

There's no need for Oscorp to be involved either. If anyone's involved, make it Farley Stillwell so that we can see him create Scorpion later. It's not random if the spider was tested on, the spider is meant to just stumble into an experiment where it wasn't supposed to be. It's like the fly from 'the fly'. A bug in the system (pun intended).

Last edited:
Ya for me I don't have a problem with a few flash backs spread over the film for a few scenes. Or right out in the start of the film. And we have it done with in like 2 mins of what will be likely let's say a 2 hr and 10 min film.

We don't need to drag it out over an hr. If we don't do it as flashbacks spread over the film ala if mysterio is villain and brought on by his illusions or hucciations gas on peter. I like then do it like TIH did in opening credits.

Like so:
[YT]https://youtu.be/LODtAFx0EcY[/YT]
As you see here this opening is 3 mins of the film. So if we did something like this. But over origin bits we could have peter doing a voice over bit. Talking about getting bit, trying to make money off his powers, ben dying and stopping his killer.

And we once the credits end slowly pan out on spidey talking to say a statue and be like on way to school but then we hear alarm go off and peter goes crap looks like I am going to be late to class again. And we open the film then with some minor threat be it some normal goon or maybe someone like shocker, or a d lister guy like leapfrog, or white rabbit. And have peter sneaking into school after the fight.

Last edited:
Hell, if you want to be really different have the source of the spider be *Peter Parker's* experiment. He's doing a summer internship program for gifted high school students, playing around with making transgenic animals. Peter's fiddling with spiders to try and make them produce silk with different properties, one of them gets out and bites him, bam.

Hell, if you want to be really different have the source of the spider be *Peter Parker's* experiment. He's doing a summer internship program for gifted high school students, playing around with making transgenic animals. Peter's fiddling with spiders to try and make them produce silk with different properties, one of them gets out and bites him, bam.

Yeah that sounds alright but I want the spider to not be the subject of the experiment. I want it to unintentionally be involved. Total, unrepeatable, mistake.

Ugh rather not have flashbacks throughout the film

Then perhaps at least in the beginning. I understand this isn't an origin film. But you at least need some kinda exposition for the newcomers who've never heard of Spidey.

Opening credits can cover the new origin story. Kick the film off with a bell ringing as Peter realizes he fell asleep in/slept through chemistry class. :funny:

Come on there is no reason they couldnt or wouldn't use flashbacks. There is likely going to be times we see in this series of pre bit peter or stuff with ben and it's not like we have to spend an hr of a 2 hr film on stuff. A 2 to 4 scenes that is less then 3 mins. Personally like I said if we have mysterio with his illusions and hucciations gasses be a good way to do flashbacks ala batman begins way. If we don't do that. Then like my above post do it in opening credits like TIH and have peter opening the film with a voice over. Then go on from there.

Opening credits can cover the new origin story. Kick the film off with a bell ringing as Peter realizes he fell asleep in/slept through chemistry class. :funny:

Peter would never sleep through Chemistry. In the comics, it's like his favorite subject.

Maybe English class, though... :p

Just have a prologue like GOTG where Peter gets bitten, stumbles out into the street and almost gets hit by a car. Then as he's stuck on the wall looking astonished cue the Marvel fanfare.

I'd try and combine the radioactive/genetically engineered approaches myself. Something where a genetically engineered spider is irradiated before biting Peter.

While it is iconic, the whole radioactive spider bit feels dated to me. And the one issue I have with the genetically modified idea is that it kinda implies anyone could've gotten Spider-Man's powers had someone else been bit, and I prefer it being a unique event. Something like the above approach I feel grounds thing while honoring a classic element to the character.

oh god, just keep it random... let's not give the damned spider a backstory, already... jesus, what SOME people will try to do to expand a story even more... probably some idiot at Marvel has already got a lightbulb flickering over his head... let's hope any idea for the spider burns out quickly...

oh god, just keep it random... let's not give the damned spider a backstory, already... jesus, what SOME people will try to do to expand a story even more... probably some idiot at Marvel has already got a lightbulb flickering over his head... let's hope any idea for the spider burns out quickly...

This. :up:

Peter would never sleep through Chemistry. In the comics, it's like his favorite subject.

Maybe English class, though... :p

That's my point though. He's so tired by his alter-ego that he's falling asleep in one of his top classes.

I'd try and combine the radioactive/genetically engineered approaches myself. Something where a genetically engineered spider is irradiated before biting Peter.

While it is iconic, the whole radioactive spider bit feels dated to me. And the one issue I have with the genetically modified idea is that it kinda implies anyone could've gotten Spider-Man's powers had someone else been bit, and I prefer it being a unique event. Something like the above approach I feel grounds thing while honoring a classic element to the character.

There's no need to drop the radiation from his origin. We are constantly bombarded by various forms of radiation, and we know that radiation does have some ability to damage DNA. There's nothing about a genetically modified spider that would cause it to give you powers. We eat genetically modified fruits all the time.

The concept of a radioactive Spider is extremely dated, it just wouldn't work, its kinda goofy.

The whole concept of spider-man is kinda goofy, who cares?

The concept of a radioactive Spider is extremely dated, it just wouldn't work, its kinda goofy.

It's better than a genetically modified spider. Unless I hear something better, I say respect the source material.

It's better than a genetically modified spider. Unless I hear something better, I say respect the source material.

I don't know, I think a genetically modified spider makes a bit more sense than a radioactive spider... not that it really matters.

Once again do we really need grounded science in this science fiction superhero movie?

I don't know, I think a genetically modified spider makes a bit more sense than a radioactive spider... not that it really matters.

But it actually doesn't. I can go to the store and get a genetically modified watermelon right now. I will not become part watermelon. There are plenty of GM animals. If they bite me, no super powers.

There are, to this day, experiments being done using radiation to induce mutations. There was a study using flies that was pretty interesting. Radiation does have the ability to break ionic bonds and change DNA, therefor there's at least some logic there.

All you need is some creative techno-babble, like the Neogenic recombinator. Invent a machine that uses a principal similar to structural resonance frequencies in sound. Harmonic radiation fields are generated to mold a DNA molecule into a specific arrangement. It's not that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"