Social Media Reactions + Reviews

Nah, it was so unnecessary and that's part of why the series was so lackluster
If Sam got the Shield at the end of Endgame, and showed up as Cap in his next appearance, no one would bat an eye, its the expected trajectory of his story
But It'll be more vital once John Walker and Eli Bradley start making their presence felt elsewhere

Admittedly, I haven't watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so I can't comment on its quality, but I will agree that yes. The audience can say 'Sam got a shield in Endgame, so if he's Captain America in the next movie, then maybe he got a suit in between films' without having seen the show.

Whether anything else in that series is relevant to the film, I don't know, but yeah, I think we can give the audience enough credit to just accept Sam getting a suit after the shield if they haven't watched the series.

Back at 70% and it better hold gosh darnit.

He was definitely less of a buffoon in Ragnorak, but it seems like now since Endgame, they're doubling down on the goofy aspects and I just don't get why.
The buffoon parts from the trailers are as bad as the humour gets IMO. There’s plenty of heart and awesome Thor in the film. Taika films are going to be zany experience though in general.

Dunno man.

Everything I've watched post-End Game felt like watching Marvel check boxes off a list. The Disney+ shows only feel slightly different because they're long form, but disjointed at that.
I said in another thread that some of the recent films have had more freedom and are very different to each other - Eternals, MoM and L&T don't seem to have that many boxes checked in common. Hiring Taika and giving him freedom means you are going to get weird comedy. Hiring Raimi means you are going to get less of that but then you are stepping into light horror (more limited as he wasn't the original director and had to pick up some existing pieces). Eternals may not have executed its grand vision properly but again was going for something very different.

I love Eternals and I watch it at least once or twice a month. It's such a beautiful looking film, I loved the large scope and how each individual Eternal had a uniqueness to them.

I loved the look of Eternals and liked the story. But Gemma and Richard were so boring in the leads and had zero chemistry. Angelina and Ma were more interesting as a couple.

I said in another thread that some of the recent films have had more freedom and are very different to each other - Eternals, MoM and L&T don't see to have that many boxes checked in common. Hiring Taika and giving him freedom means you are going to get weird comedy. Hiring Raimi means you are going to get less of that but then you are stepping into light horror (more limited as he wasn't the original director and had to pick up some existing pieces). Eternals may not have executed its grand vision properly but again was going for something very different.

You're referring to backdrop/atmosphere though.

These are still CBM's at the end of the day and what I'm talking about is how they set up the acts (it's always the same), the recycled heroes journey, forced humor, loosely written characters because they're trying to unspool/spin-off too much, and can't forget the big CGI madness ending. I can also feel Disney's presence in these movies the way I never did before.

what-number-69.gif
Fun fact, it could be the first Mcu film to get a 69% rating if it stays there.

The Wolverine also had 69% at one point. *why does that sound funny*

I don't think the MCU is giving directors as much creative freedom as it appears though. Raimi was the main reason I found MoM so enjoyable, but I was reading that Feige even was pushing back on some minor Raimi styled things he likes to do with the cam. It's probably a mix of both new creative freedom, and kind of not knowing where they are going.
Derrickson left because he didn't have much freedom so I don't think they get as much freedom. Marvel still has a story they want to eventually create and each movie has to have certain things in it to lead to that 10+ year plan or whatever.

It is ironic. People complained that pre-phase 4, there were too many connections to the infinity stones instead of being standalone. Now the complaints is there isn’t an overarching theme.
I had no problem with it and liked putting the puzzle pieces together to predict what will happen.

the movies didn't really have Infinity stone connections focused. The phase 1 solos only Thor and eventually Cap 1. None of the Iron Man had a stone connection just his Avenger connections. Cap 2 and 3 had no connections. Ant-Man didn't have any and Spider-Man had none either. Most of the connections came in the credit scenes or obvious movies like GOTG1 but GOTG 2 didn't have a stone either.

Phases 1 and 2 were light but mainly about the heroes connections that way when they died or got hurt it would matter more. Phase 3 was going to be heavy because it was the clear end so if people complained that that point I wouldn't know what to say to them or what they expected.

It is ironic. People complained that pre-phase 4, there were too many connections to the infinity stones instead of being standalone. Now the complaints is there isn’t an overarching theme.
I don't think I ever heard people complain about too many infinity stone connections, but I will say I don't have a problem with the standalone aspect. It just feels like Marvel is throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks right now though

Back down to 68%. It's still getting a 6.6/10 average rating, which is actually higher than Doctor Strange 2's 6.5/10 score and that one got a 74% on RT.

Back down to 68%. It's still getting a 6.6/10 average rating, which is actually higher than Doctor Strange 2's 6.5/10 score and that one got a 74% on RT.
The cartoons are counted for me.

I feel like the more things they do at the same time/year, the quality control at Marvel Studios lessens.

It's just a matterof time when people don't really pay attention to every Marvel disney+ Xeries. I feel like skipping the cartoons neXt year eXcept for X-Men.
I will for sure either skip or put on a hold until June-August when less sports on and anime line ups are not as good. Once NFL season starts and anime Fall & Winter line ups come out I am too busy with shows and work. If I am not feeling a show I don't want it to feel like home work to watch something. Easier to wait for free time to come around and get to it.

The recent mixed receptions have been down to taking more risks IMO. Eternals, MoM and L&T are directors having more freedom and are very different films to each other. A comedy, a light horror attempt and an attempt at something deeper with Eternals that didn't quite work out.

I agree with this and find it kind of funny cause for years we had the contingent that was sick of same old Marvel every movie and they wished they gave directors the freedom you see in DC films, and yet when they do just that, the films have been more divisive than when they were more hands on. So, did people really want that then?

I have enjoyed Phase 4, personally.

If you guys get a chance head on over to the "Best Fight Scene" thread and place your votes and discuss what you liked about it.

The critics were so mean...lol.

After watching it...
No way that this movie is a 69 or even 70-ish percent...

I know that all people have different tastes and expectations but really....I cannot understand why this movie scored this low near The Dark World.

Kermode hated it while Mayo really liked it. I thought that Kermode jumping on him like that at the end because he had a different opinion was a bit much.

Again, watch it yourself and make up your own mind.

Looks like it finally stabilized at 69%.

Still a fresh rating, though its the 4th lowest graded mcu film right now.

Derrickson left because he didn't have much freedom so I don't think they get as much freedom. Marvel still has a story they want to eventually create and each movie has to have certain things in it to lead to that 10+ year plan or whatever.
You're referring to backdrop/atmosphere though.

These are still CBM's at the end of the day and what I'm talking about is how they set up the acts (it's always the same), the recycled heroes journey, forced humor, loosely written characters because they're trying to unspool/spin-off too much, and can't forget the big CGI madness ending. I can also feel Disney's presence in these movies the way I never did before.
Yeah I think the whole "director's have more freedom" thing is an illusion. Not even that they feel too much like CBMs, they specifically still feel too much like MCU movies.

Really nothing seems that experimental or even different enough for me to think, on the whole, they're getting more freedom.

Honestly I feel like the "they're getting more freedom" thing has been getting said since Phase 2

Looks like it finally stabilized at 69%.

Still a fresh rating, though its the 4th lowest graded mcu film right now.
That RT rating doesn’t really add up for me anyway. This film is still way better than many of other MCU films with higher RT ratings.

Kermode hated it while Mayo really liked it. I thought that Kermode jumping on him like that at the end because he had a different opinion was a bit much.

Again, watch it yourself and make up your own mind.

Damn, I don't remember the last time Kermode hated an MCU movie this much.

The critics were so mean...lol.

After watching it...
No way that this movie is a 69 or even 70-ish percent...

I know that all people have different tastes and expectations but really....I cannot understand why this movie scored this low near The Dark World.

Roughly 70% isn't exactly mean.

What's baffling is how The Dark World scored so high.

I think MarvelFan was just kidding. But yeah people online are more frequently starting to throw around the "mean" label any time critics are negative or not all the way positive about a movie. It's kinda silly.

Especially considering this is the internet where you guys spend months insulting Morbius and the like.

You wanna see critics be mean? Look at the reviews for the Emoji Movie lol. Those were for sure mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"