Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

So, I just watched this. Tbh, considering all the negative comments and reviews I thought it would be way worse. I remember reading Spidey comics as a kid in the 70s, and thought Morbius was a cool villian. Here it's just a spin-off thing without Spidey. Bad idea. I had "Impala -64 with hydraulic suspension right out of 90s hiphop videos" low expectations, but it was surpsisingly not as bad as that IMHO.

Far, far from a masterpiece and there's of course lots of better MCU flicks. It has some really wooden acting e.g. from Tyrese Gibson and the other cop dude. They just felt like taken out from some cheap police TV-movie. The post credits' scenes were meh. And it's a pure waste casting an actor of Harris' caliber and not letting him do more.

Matt Smith was great fun though, and the CGI stuff wasn't as bad as expected. The action scenes were also quite ok IMHO.

I didn't like Leto's charactarization of Joker, and I thought his Wallace in BR 2049 was over the top. But I actually think he was surprisingly fine here. I guess I was expecting more goofiness and hammy acting over all.

So, far from a great movie but still some entertaining parts, and not as bad as expected. If there's a sequel, I'll check it out (can't believe I wrote that lol). But since this was a flop, chances are small?

The movie felt like a bunch of studio execs came in with bad notes that made the movie more generic and stupid. I doubt the movie was a masterpiece to begin with but it certainly felt like a bad studio interference movie.

The nineties Morbius comics I read as a kid were very stereotypical tortured vampire anti-hero. A Morbius and Vulture team up isn't that interesting. If Sony was smart they should of cut a deal with Marvel to have Ali's Blade or Doctor Strange or Ghost Rider cameo.

can‘t wait for this to get released digitally…and not watch it

I really don't understand why this movie became a meme. Is it because they though the name was goofy? And it's gotten to the point where they believe faked bootlegs using clips of Doctor Strange and Venom were legit. What is wrong with these people?

Someone please explain it to me? If they're just joking, why can't they just admit they are joking?

I really don't understand why this movie became a meme. Is it because they though the name was goofy? And it's gotten to the point where they believe faked bootlegs using clips of Doctor Strange and Venom were legit. What is wrong with these people?

Someone please explain it to me? If they're just joking, why can't they just admit they are joking?

Sounds like you're getting Morbed.

I'm so out of touch that I don't get all the Morbius memes.

I saw one guy uploaded the entire film as part of a meme. I have to wonder if this is just some nutty PR generating this.

Can’t wait for this and Jared Leto to finally go away and fall into relative obscurity so I don’t have to see or hear about it or him and his gross, cult-y, pretentious persona anymore.

It’s all a joke but Sony thinks this means people actually want to see it to see how bad it is.

It’s all a joke but Sony thinks this means people actually want to see it to see how bad it is.
Good news is at least the re-release has failed and Sony probably now knows the attention wasn't serious.

Is Sony really that clueless about all the Morbius memes and trends?

Last edited:
Sony can always redeem themselves with Kraven and Madame Web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"