Comics Spider-Man: Requiem novel

Venom 1988

formerly Ultimate_Venom
Reaction score
I guess its that time of the year again. Another Spider-Man novel has been published by Pocket Star Books. I just heard about, so I picked it up today at Barnes and Noble. Haven't read it yet tho, but I'm expecting it to be good.

51ecq9QqHmL._AA400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Re...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226189908&sr=8-1

A previously unknown translation of an ancient grimoire, the Darkhold, has been unearthed by archaeologists in South America. But this chilling discovery will have far-reaching effects. Halfway across the globe, the Darkhold is relentlessly pursued by the Cabal of Scrier, an organization devoted to achieving ultimate power through whatever means necessary. And it is through their actions that a darkness from beyond the grave will return to haunt the Spectacular Spider-Man in the form of one of the most frightening and dangerous foes he's ever encountered....

^^ Very nice! I have all 3 of that series of books so far. I'm going to call Borders tommorow to see if that have that one. :up:

I guess its that time of the year again. Another Spider-Man novel has been published by Pocket Star Books. I just heard about, so I picked it up today at Barnes and Noble. Haven't read it yet tho, but I'm expecting it to be good.

51ecq9QqHmL._AA400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Re...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226189908&sr=8-1

A previously unknown translation of an ancient grimoire, the Darkhold, has been unearthed by archaeologists in South America. But this chilling discovery will have far-reaching effects. Halfway across the globe, the Darkhold is relentlessly pursued by the Cabal of Scrier, an organization devoted to achieving ultimate power through whatever means necessary. And it is through their actions that a darkness from beyond the grave will return to haunt the Spectacular Spider-Man in the form of one of the most frightening and dangerous foes he's ever encountered....

Oh cool! I love these novels! Someone should tell Donald Thomas. (he loves them too :woot: ).

These current novels have all put a blurb at the beginning as to where it fits in continuity. With all the changes lately, I wonder where this one will fit in......?

love all three books...

will be getting this as well....

Aloha,
You beat me on this one..well kind of. I had the book on order from Borders, in early October but for some reason, it never came to the store. Today I went down there and since they were late with the book, when it comes in next week, I get it for FREE. :word:
Spidey rules

I haven't read any of these books. What are they like? What's the status quo/tone? Is it the more mature story telling? Or aimed at younger readers?

What're the basic plots for each one?

Lotta questions, I know...

:(

I remember reading the Ultimate Spider-Man Anthology when I was a wee one, and that was pretty awesome, though maybe I wouldn't find it the same way now. Generally I stay away from these types of things as it seems like some random fanfic to me (plus the list of books I'm going to read just keeps growing [damn you "Survival of the Sickest"]) but that sounds interesting. I'll pick it up if it's before or doesn't reference OMD.

What the hell ever happened to the Scrier's anyway?

They became the Order of the Goblin in the 2000 Revenge of the Green Goblin three parter. After that, I'm not sure if they have been seen.

Just seems odd is all. Also what about the Black Trantula's hand group. Or did Bru destroy that when he decided to make BT an adorable hispanic stereotype?

Just seems odd is all. Also what about the Black Trantula's hand group. Or did Bru destroy that when he decided to make BT an adorable hispanic stereotype?

Apparently so. He also made him immortal, as he was killed in prison but is showing up in Daredevil.

These current novels have all put a blurb at the beginning as to where it fits in continuity. With all the changes lately, I wonder where this one will fit in......?

Aloha,
Haven't finished the novel yet but within the first 100 pages Peter reflects on the Gwen twins and he and MJ are still living in an apartment as well as Aunt May knows he's Spider-Man. This novel takes place after Amazing 514 and before 519.
Spidey rules

It's a pretty good story, and I was pleased to see Pete and MJ together. [BLACKOUT]Also, the combination of Sin-Eater and Carrion make for a great nod to prior continuity.[/BLACKOUT]

It's a pretty good story, and I was pleased to see Pete and MJ together. [BLACKOUT]Also, the combination of Sin-Eater and Carrion make for a great nod to prior continuity.[/BLACKOUT]

Aloha,
Agreed. I'd love to see an artist make any of these novels into graphic novels.
Spidey rules

Peter and MJ are together in the book? Have to pick this up now. Left it on the shelf at the comic shop because I thought that it followed current continuity.

Best novel to come out of the bunch was The Darkest Hours. The writer had the characterization down perfectly for all those involved. Excellent from start to finish.

Peter and MJ are together in the book? Have to pick this up now. Left it on the shelf at the comic shop because I thought that it followed current continuity.

Best novel to come out of the bunch was The Darkest Hours. The writer had the characterization down perfectly for all those involved. Excellent from start to finish.

Aloha,
I also enjoyed Darkest Hours. This book is pretty good although somewhat choppy in places. But if your like Carrion(in any personality),The Scriers,or the marriage, then you'll enjoy Requiem. I'm about 45 pages to go to finish.
Spidey rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"