• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Spider-Man The Icon: The Life and Times of a Pop Culture Phenomenon

Yea I'll PM them to you tomorrow.I'm currently in college but have some pretty ambiotious dreams you could say.My major is journalism and was news edoitor of my high school newspaper.I also worked in T.V production in school and wrote a screenplay for a short spoof on vampires.I hope to one day write newspaper articles,Comics and screenplays.Oh and I have an abnormal obession with Spider-man>:woot:

Venom892,
Got your messages, and really liked it. I still have a lot of organization to do before I really decide what to put around the items, but I will keep you in mind most definately.

Heres some really old school Spidey...
1972_Buddah_Rockomic_6.jpg

Venom892,
Got your messages, and really liked it. I still have a lot of organization to do before I really decide what to put around the items, but I will keep you in mind most definately.

Very nice! John Romita Sr. is such an amazing Spidey artist. :up:

Venom892,

Awesome!You can etheir PM when your ready or E-mail at the E-mail I sent you.

Where in the world did you get that electric guitar version of the "fighting Spidey theme" from the old 60's series? That sounded great!

Cool ain't it ... I stumbled across that way back in 1995, and I no longer remember any specifics about it other than it rocks. I do remember that it was the only track that was based on Spidey, and there were never any others. Its the best version I have ever heard of it. I do know however that its not the "Spider-band".

SpideyCollector, I just sent you a friend request on Youtube and my name on Spider-Man Collector.com is Spidermanfan. :yay:

I have read and own quite a few books dedicated to the history of Spider-man/Marvel and this is by far the best.I learned everything about spidey and even new things about marvel itself.I even found it better then the Marvel vault.

Aloha,
I would agree with you.Well worth the money. I found a discounted Stan Lee autographed volume.:word:
Spidey rules

And just for the record, my Lizard want list had been whittled down to the following items before I saw those pics in this thread:

• Marvel Super Heroes Shooting Game - metal target board (1976)
• Super Hero Stamps - The Amazing Spider-Man set (Celebrity Stamps, 1976)
• Spider-Man/Fantastic Four sticker set "Super Eroi" (Italy, Corno 1976) - sticker # 119
• Slot car racing set "Spider-Man Meets the Fly" (Aurora, 1976) - w/ Lizard cutout
• Spider-Man puzzle - 250 pieces (Italy, Clementoni, 1977) features Lizard on hovercraft
• Spider-Man "Color-N-Recolor" placemat set and tablecloth set (Avalon, 1978)
• Spider-Man stamp set (Marvel, 1979) - box art w/ Lizard
• Animation cel/art from 1981 Spider-man cartoon episode "Lizards, Lizards, Everywhere"
• Spider-Man stickerbook set (Spain, Fher, 1981) - images from 1967 cartoon
• Amazing Spider-Man transfer set (KidsPlay, 1983) - like colorforms
• Spider-Man coin-op video arcade game (Sega, 1991) - Lizard on side panel
• Fossil boxed Spider-Man watch #2 (Fossil, 1994) - revolving villain faces
• Spider-Man vs Lizard plastic phone card - (Singapore, 1996?)
• Spider-Man Jawbreakers cards (World Candies, 1996) - # 9
• Spider-Man Bendable Toothbrush Holder (1996) - pic of Lizard on base
• Fleer Ultra Spider-Man 1997 cards - Sketchagraph chase cards of Lizard by various artists
• Marvel Siver Age cards (Fleer, 1998) - Sketchagraph chase cards w/ Lizard
• "Spider-Man vs Lizard Man" canvas screen print (Steve A. Kauffman, 2000, limited edition)
• Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine UK # 106 (Marvel UK, Oct 2004) - Lizard cover and story

Looks like I'll need to add a couple more. :oldrazz:

Did you get the train?

2007_Hawthorne_Train_No_7.jpg

:wow: I will now.

This is why I miss the search function at your site. All I had to do back in the old days was plug in "lizard" and I got a list of everything that had his lovable scaly mug on it.

:wow: I will now.

This is why I miss the search function at your site. All I had to do back in the old days was plug in "lizard" and I got a list of everything that had his lovable scaly mug on it.

Miss that function too, it was me doing the coding by hand. After about 1,000 items it became to much for me to maintain. Especially now that I am approaching 8,000 pieces. In case you missed it, I recently added the following photo of the sealed Transogram Target Set. Also this is one of the items they did not use for "Spider-Man: The Icon" book.

1976_Transogram_Poster_Target.jpg

Miss that function too, it was me doing the coding by hand. After about 1,000 items it became to much for me to maintain. Especially now that I am approaching 8,000 pieces. In case you missed it, I recently added the following photo of the sealed Transogram Target Set. Also this is one of the items they did not use for "Spider-Man: The Icon" book.

1976_Transogram_Poster_Target.jpg

Oh yeah, ^ the cardboard target set. I missed one of those on eBay about 5 years or so ago I believe.

I can understand why you had to let the search function go if it was so much work for you personally. I just need to be patient enough to click through the entire recent listings to get up to date on the Lizard stuff I need. It's still much better than trawling eBay in the hopes of stumbling over something new.

Incidentally, I've got a 1967 Lizard character model cel from the old cartoon if you're looking to add any pics of oddball original art type stuff to your site.

Oh yeah, ^ the cardboard target set. I missed one of those on eBay about 5 years or so ago I believe.

I can understand why you had to let the search function go if it was so much work for you personally. I just need to be patient enough to click through the entire recent listings to get up to date on the Lizard stuff I need. It's still much better than trawling eBay in the hopes of stumbling over something new.

Incidentally, I've got a 1967 Lizard character model cel from the old cartoon if you're looking to add any pics of oddball original art type stuff to your site.

Sure, if you want you can post it in the collection section of the message boards. I'm sure the other members would love o take a gander at it.

You might already know about this, but the 1975 Amsco set also includes a Lizard figure. Check it out.

1975_Amsco_Marvel_World.jpg

Heres another great classic 74 toy they did not squeeze into the ICON book. It is the second issue Aurora model. The first issue model from 1966 had a gun, tin can, and placard with Spider-man's name on it included next to Kraven on the floor. I guess the powers that be during the early seventies decided against including the gun in the second issue.

1974_Aurora_Mode_Builtl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"