Spoiler Discussion

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
A thread to discuss the movie without spoiler tagging. Do not enter unless you want to be spoiled.

I expected them to kill off a lot of the squad early but was hoping they would each get a few moments to shine. Definitely surprised Boomerang went out the way he did. I didn’t expect him to survive the movie. But was hoping he’d get a hero’s moment like Deadshot did in the first movie before biting it.

Frankly I was not attached to Boomerang and thought he did nothing in the first one but I can't deny it nags me how quickly he went out. I really think they could've had him alive at least until the Jotunheim. I get that his death was meant to set the tone that even players from the first movie weren't safe but I won't be surprised if this upsets a lot of fans. Oh well I suppose they can always get his son to take over, which they can also do for Flag.

I was shocked of the body count here, specially Cena/Kinnaman. I was really rooting that Peacemaker would made it in the hospital and I find myself saying: "Pls let it be Cena" loud.

Gags were fine, the only one who didnt worked out was Point-Guys Mom jokes.

I was shocked of the body count here, specially Cena/Kinnaman. I was really rooting that Peacemaker would made it in the hospital and I find myself saying: "Pls let it be Cena" loud.

Gags were fine, the only one who didnt worked out was Point-Guys Mom jokes.

Haha actually I was hoping it was either Flag or in some crazy case Boomerang. Frankly, I didn't like that it was Peacemaker, or rather I would've preferred both Flag and him stayed dead because that was a very pivotal point of the movie before Starro jumped in.

JUST finished it and thought it was decent. Not the mess that was the first film. But I still think that Assault on Arkham (animated dtv) is the superior film and what I look for in a SS movie.

Killing off everyone sans Harley from the OG crew annoyed me a little though. Im fine with Boomerang biting the dust but so early in the film? Come on now.

I cant really see Waller just being so willing to set up Flagg to die at the beginning of the film. And just Waller in general was slightly off this film. Viola still pulled her off perfectly but between having her be so blinded by the mission where its clearly a failure (for the A-Team), being knocked out by her subordinates, and having Bloodsport get one over on her? This is not the Waller that one is scared of. This woman can go toe to toe with Batman in the planning/execution of things.

Starro was fairly great but I think they really missed their chance of making a partially creepy Alien-esque movie and not having any of your team being Starro'd? Just crushed to death? COME ON, that was a major miss.

King Shark was cute but ultimately didn't add much.

A solid 7.5.

Id give it an 8.5/10.

That Gunn killed Flagg and let Cock Gobbler do it and then survive really pisses me off tho. After that BS, IDK if I'll watch the Peacemaker show unless Ratcatcher or Bloodsport are in it.

Ratcatcher :hrt:

Sebastian was precious.

Thank god Weasel was only in the film for a few minutes.

Waller was just the right amount of awful, and I'm glad Gunn gave us the catharsis of her getting knocked out and losing.

The humor worked.

The action was pretty good, but the character moments are the highlight of the film.

I am just glad this didn't look anything like GOTG like how WB tried to make the first film look like. The only thing I could've done without is the burds, butterflies and flowers during Harley's scene. Other than that I thought it fit in with the DCEU. Although I still missed Deadshot and was upset about Flagg and Boomerang.

I hate how Polka Dot Man died, interesing character, but at the moment when he screams that he is a superhero, I knew what would happen, because this is already such a cliché, that it's starting to bother me. It's no longer funny, suprising or clever, but obvious and irritating.

Everybody was fantastic in this. Margot was at the top of her game as Harley, and her escape scene was a major highlight for me. I really am eager to continue seeing Margots Harley in whatever project she's in next. Bloodsport is one of my new favorites now and i definitely would love to see more of that character in the future. Peacemaker was great, though I hate him for killing Flagg, but i think that was the intention. Ratcatcher 2 was great, and I really felt for her character. The emotional weight was done so well here, and i applaud gunn for balancing the humor, action and emotions well. Speaking of the humor, it worked for me overall. Weasel "drowning" at the beginning had me laughing outloud and was super unexpected.

Overall, I had a great time and this was exactly the type of Suicide Squad movie I wanted in 2016.

Everybody was fantastic in this. Margot was at the top of her game as Harley, and her escape scene was a major highlight for me. I really am eager to continue seeing Margots Harley in whatever project she's in next. Bloodsport is one of my new favorites now and i definitely would love to see more of that character in the future. Peacemaker was great, though I hate him for killing Flagg, but i think that was the intention. Ratcatcher 2 was great, and I really felt for her character. The emotional weight was done so well here, and i applaud gunn for balancing the humor, action and emotions well. Speaking of the humor, it worked for me overall. Weasel "drowning" at the beginning had me laughing outloud and was super unexpected.

Overall, I had a great time and this was exactly the type of Suicide Squad movie I wanted in 2016.
Who knows that might have been the type of movie we would've gotten had it not been interfered with.

Who knows that might have been the type of movie we would've gotten had it not been interfered with.
I don't know, but all I know is I'm happy we got this.

It's a credit to the film when I'm pissed at Peacemaker for killing Flag, and I didn't give 2 hoots about Flag in the first Suicide Squad. Was not pleased to see Peacemaker survive in the end credits.
Agreed. I didn't give a crap about Flagg in the first movie, and he was one of my favorites here.

Yeah I was surprisingly affected when Flagg was killed also. Great work on Gunn's part buying that character back. I liked him quite a bit by then. Most surprising death by far.

I'd already guessed that a lot of these characters wouldn't last beyond the opening, including Boomerang. That didn't bother me in the slightest, in fact Jai Courtney dying immediately is the best use of that actor and props to him for jumping on board. I did not expect Weasel to drown before the mission started, which did get a giggle from me. Nathan Fillion's TDK was perfectly pointless.

I did not find the film laugh out loud funny very often, but it does make me smile quite a bit in hindsight.

Whew, that scene in the beginning with Idris and his daughter cursing each other out. That was the real acting in this movie, that felt LEGIT.

Storm Reid dropped those f-bombs really well for someone her age.

I do wish that the whole nation of Corto Maltese worshiping Harley Quinn had been done differently, it was a bit much.

Rick Flagg getting killed off definitely surprised me and I actually felt something towards his death which was something that surprised me even more since I didn't care for him at all in SS.

Kudos to Gunn on improving the writing big time for that character aswell as Kinnaman's performance, although I've liked him quite a few movies over the recent years.

Also, I was sort of bummed out big time when Michael Rooker and Nathan Fillion's characters were killed off so quickly mostly because I'm a huge fan of them as actors, but once I saw what kind of powers Fillion's character had I pretty much knew he was going to die lol.

Captain Boomerang and Weasel biting it was actually more funny to me though, but man I also felt pretty bad for Polka-Dot Man and wish he hadn't been killed off.

I also have no idea where Gunn found the actress playing Ratcatcher 2, but she is really talented quite lovely to look at and what an interesting use of Taikia Waititis talent as an actor.

I think disliking Peacemaker by the end of it is exactly what was intended, but he’s interesting enough to explore more. Cena was also pretty damn good so I’ll definitely be tuning into the show.

David D and Capaldi were my standouts amongst the fodder. Robbie and Elba were great. Melchoir and Kinneman were solid for me. No one was really bad or even just serviceable really.

The humor was never really “not funny” for me, I was grinning a lot, but it also didn’t make me laugh out loud a ton. Weasel drowning and the quietness around it was probably my biggest laugh from what I can remember, and some Polka Dot Man bits, and the whole killing contest between Peacmaker/Bloodsport was good stuff. The energy, action and characters definitely outweighed the humor. The story was fine, but the plot and structure really keeps you engaged even when it slows down a bit with the general/coup bits. I felt some of the sentimental setup was a little hokey and crammed in, but their ultimate payoffs worked very well for me. The whole last act is great.

I think some of the Team A should have stuck around longer, maybe getting controlled by Starro and fighting Team B in the climax.

Peacemaker, Bloodsport, and Ratcatcher 2 carry the emotional aspects of the movie to me. By the end of the movie a lot of people hate Peacemaker but his character was very much conflicted about having to fight Flagg over the drive and you could see remorse in his face once he killed him.

Ratcatcher 2 was good as the pure teammate that was able to reach these other hardened people. Again with Peacemaker, he didn't want to kill her but felt he had to in order to complete his mission.

I enjoyed Bloodsport but he was just a retread of Deadshot from the last movie.

The humor was a little to dark at times. The Squad wiping out the rebel forces by mistake and reaction to Milton's death stands out as unnecessarily cruel.

I was SURE Gunn was gonna kill off Harley. Because we all OF COURSE expect her to survive i wouldve thought that’d be a genius way to f*** with people.

Also, I wanna comment that the third act of this movie was what i felt Ayer was TRYING to do with his movie but Gunn just has a much more adept hand at it. I just FELT the scale and stakes of it all and it really felt like a group of underdogs were up against the impossible. Well done.

I thought it was well done and this is from a person that tends to hate the Suicide Squad in anything I have seen them in. Went to watch it because I know Gunn can make a quality movie.

Bloodsports costume was really cool and Elba did make me care for him. Cena as Peacemaker was not bad either I expected he would stick to the mission when someone would deviate. Polka Dot guy was funny anytime they showed his mom, I did want him to expel his virus in the end since it seemed like it was going somewhere.

I did lose interest a bit in the "Meanwhile, Harley" part felt a bit out of place but then once she killed him I was interested again.

I would have liked Boomerang to stick around a bit, I didn't watch the first movie so maybe his death was expected to be quick. Expected Rooker and Davidson to die quick, Javelin dude lived on through Harley.

I didn't expect Waller's team to actually have the gall to stand up to her, they probably don't have chips in their head. Her team attacking her does take some power away from her in future movies.

The rat thing was gross for me because I do have a phobia of seeing moving things bunched together which is something rats do a lot. The character was cool though but man that grossed me out.

Solid movie though.

I think it's fair to say a lot of us have varying degrees of saltiness at how fast they dispatched of Captain Boomerang or that they even offed him at all. It's clear his death was meant to set the tone that even characters from the first film were not safe. Given that, which character from the first film would everyone have accepted more easily so that Boomerang could've had more to do in the narrative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"