Spoiler Discussion

Excuse you, Harley can take on the greats just like Batman
00de538d7b97bdbbd055b4402b7d342c.jpg

LOL Wow! I'm an old man Slayer. In my day she had problems taking on Bratgirl.

ComplicatedFrenchAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

Poor Margot, her Harley's been in three movies that have had a hard time taking off. She's yet to star in a bonafide hit. SS made a lot of money but widely derided, BoP received OKAY reception and bombed at the BO, and TSS is very well received but also on track to tank at the BO :/

LOL Wow! I'm an old man Slayer. In my day she had problems taking on Bratgirl.

ComplicatedFrenchAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

Those were the days

Poor Margot, her Harley's been in three movies that have had a hard time taking off. She's yet to star in a bonafide hit. SS made a lot of money but widely derided, BoP received OKAY reception and bombed at the BO, and TSS is very well received but also on track to tank at the BO :/

At least they have COVID to blame for poor box office numbers, as long as streaming makes up for it, she can still hit a homerun

Especially when you can tell she's really passionate about Harley and always does a good job. Sucks.

Anyone else think it was cool Bloodsport talked about the Dim Mak when they were captured in the car with the soldiers?

Of course, we all know the most famous use of the Dim Mak in the movie Bloodsport! I wonder if Gunn is a fan of the movie?

Yup, she's very good in the role.

I think DC needs to stop playing around and just make a Gotham City Sirens movie starring her, Catwoman and Ivy. You got three big name DC characters set in DC's most well known city and have them go up against a well known Batman villain. Something like that I think could draw audiences in big time.

I'm also waiting patiently for Oracle to be introduced in one of these SS movies. I mean she easily could've taken up the role of that whole support staff of Waller's, and would've added mystery and intrigue to it.

Imagine it, it's just a voice role the whole movie, then towards the end or in the post credit we get a shot of her in either the Batcave or the Clock Tower.

No offense, but I thought Robbie was awful in Suicide Squad. Way too inconsistent with her performance. A lot better in Birds of Prey and this movie.

I had a great time overall. I loved what they did with Starro. There's a lot of nitpicks I can make, but i was thoroughly entertained.

Secondly, I loved watching this on genuine IMAX. Only true way to watch this movie. I'm not anti-streaming or anything, but I would never watch a movie like this on streaming for the first time. This movie was SHOT for feature length IMAX.

I hated Leto's Joker because there's nothing Joker about the character. He's more like a rock star who thought Joker's gimmick was cool and tried to copy it.

That definitely felt off. Comic book Waller most likely would have traitous employees either killed and fired - or maybe even both. Or at least arrested. Nobody defies the Wall and gets away with it! Not in one piece, at least.

Sort of like when in a certain director's cut of a Justice League movie, Desaad mouths off to Darkseid and tells him he's a ****-up and Darkseid's all, "Yeah Desaad. You were right. My bad."

This is what Darkseid does when his subordinates get mouthy:

I didn't hate it , and I didn't love it either. The first half and middle was eye crossingly boring and unfunny. The only thing I genuinely liked was the last 40 minutes or so. However I did love Bloodsport (he should have been Bronze Tiger, or Black Spider. But whatever I guess), Ratcatcher 2, and Harley. I hated they killed boomerang, I think that was a bad call imo. All in all, my feelings are about the same as the first film. Basically it's just AIGHT. Definitely better than WW84 and BoP tho lol.

I’m glad they didn’t make Harley the main focus. It would have been great to see Polka Dot man make it to the end but it keeps with the theme of it being a Suicide Squad.

King Shark was basically Hulk right down to the team leader telling him to smash the monster. Flagg dying was appropriate for the story. They actually made me care for him more than the first movie ever did.

And agree that it was uncharacteristic of Waller to knock send her whole team to Antarctica after they turned on her.

I wish i saw this in theaters (maybe i still will). For those of you who did, I GOTTA imagine the “ITS YOUR MOTHER!!” moment was an audience pleaser, right? That was so genuinely funny and well done.

I wish i saw this in theaters (maybe i still will). For those of you who did, I GOTTA imagine the “ITS YOUR MOTHER!!” moment was an audience pleaser, right? That was so genuinely funny and well done.
Absolutely. Also, when Weasel "drowned" at the beginning, the audience was laughing a lot. They also clapped when Harley first appeared.

I'm surprised that general discussion surrounding the film has seemed fairly minimal.

Yup this was a laugh in my theater too. Another scene that got a pretty great reaction was when it was revealed Task Force X massacred the freedom fighters who rescued Flag.

No offense, but I thought Robbie was awful in Suicide Squad. Way too inconsistent with her performance. A lot better in Birds of Prey and this movie.

While I didn't think she was awful at all, she definitely wasn't written well. Considering what she was given to work with and how popular her take became is a testament to Robbie. I will concede though that she really struggled with the accent initially in SS.

I loved that little competition between Peacemaker and Bloodsport. It was like the one between Gimli and Legolas but with psychopaths lol.

I was just texting with one of my close friends--who I would consider part of the "GA" --and she hated the movie and one big thing that just lost her was Starro, she just...didnt understand why the climax centered around a big starfish kaiju. And her saying that made me wonder if a lot of other casual people might've been like "wtf am I watching?"

I was just texting with one of my close friends--who I would consider part of the "GA" --and she hated the movie and one big thing that just lost her was Starro, she just...didnt understand why the climax centered around a big starfish kaiju. And her saying that made me wonder if a lot of other casual people might've been like "wtf am I watching?"

I guess it’s possible. I don’t think it’s really that outlandish compared to other stuff we’ve seen in these types of movies, but maybe a lot of other people feel differently.

I personally wonder if the movie would’ve been better served if they were fighting a more grounded threat - like a Deathstroke or something. Personally, one aspect that I don’t care for the live-action movies we’ve gotten so far is that the missions they’ve been assigned on like fighting a ancient evil witch and fighting alien starfish has too much world-ending stakes than what the Squad should be doing. Assault on Arkham had the right idea; the mission was simple and small scaled & didn’t have anything too over-the-top. If there is a third Suicide Squad movie(which there most likely won’t be) then I hope they go smaller and have a more grounded threat. I mean does the Squad(who mostly don’t have powers anyway) really have to fight Justice League level threats like Starro?

Last edited:
I personally wonder if the movie would’ve been better served fighting a more grounded threat - like a Deathstroke or something. Personally, one aspect that I don’t care for the live-action movies is that the missions they’re assigned on like fighting ancient evil witch and fighting alien starfish is not something TSS should be doing. Assault on Arkham had the right idea; the mission are simple and small scaled. Why is TSS fighting a Justice League threat like Starro?

Absolutely dude, that was the big thing I think most of us were complaining about in 2016 when Ayer's movie came out. The consensus was why did Ayer opt to have this grounded ragtag team fight an evil magic witch with yet another portal beam in the sky? Suicide Squad should be a more grounded, small scale (and therefore small budgeted) mission where they're trying to take out someone like --as you suggested-- Deathstroke...or the Joker.

BUT! For what its worth, I think Gunn succeeded in doing what Ayer was trying to do.

Absolutely dude, that was the big thing I think most of us were complaining about in 2016 when Ayer's movie came out. The consensus was why did Ayer opt to have this grounded ragtag team fight an evil magic witch with yet another portal beam in the sky? Suicide Squad should be a more grounded, small scale (and therefore small budgeted) mission where they're trying to take out someone like --as you suggested-- Deathstroke...or the Joker.

BUT! For what its worth, I think Gunn succeeded in doing what Ayer was trying to do.
Sure, but boy I do wonder how much money they could’ve saved if they didn’t have a CGI alien starfish as the central antagonist.

The ideal Suicide Squad movie should have a Escape From New York style mission where the goal is simply to rescue a politician, or rescue hostages from a hostile foreign government…or my idea of a race against time mission to stop Deathstroke from carrying out an assassination, or stop a deadly bomb from being unleashed by terrorists. Having these larger than life supernatural/sci-fi plots that require huge budgets to pull off just isn’t working in their favor & it would be better if they scale down, and don’t do anything over-the-top next time.

Last edited:
Sure, but boy I do wonder how much money they could’ve saved if they didn’t have a CGI alien starfish as the central antagonist.

The ideal Suicide Squad movie should have a Escape From New York style mission where the goal is simply to rescue a politician, or rescue hostages from a hostile foreign government…or my idea of a race against time mission to stop Deathstroke from carrying out an assassination, or stop a deadly bomb from being unleashed by terrorists. Having these larger than life supernatural/sci-fi plots that require huge budgets to pull off just isn’t working in their favor & it would be better if they scale down scope, and don’t do anything over-the-top.

Yes to all of this. I completely agree. Logically, WHY would you call upon these individuals to fight a supernatural threat anyway? Why wouldnt you just call the Justice League? Task Force X missions should be covert black ops missions--stuff Superman, Wonder Woman or Flash wouldn't touch.

Yes to all of this. I completely agree. Logically, WHY would you call upon these individuals to fight a supernatural threat anyway? Why wouldnt you just call the Justice League? Task Force X missions should be covert black ops missions--stuff Superman, Wonder Woman or Flash wouldn't touch.
That’s part of what made Suicide Squad so jarring being released after BvS five years ago. You don’t follow up your big epic, crossover event Batman and Superman movie with end of the world stakes…with another movie with world ending stakes. You go smaller as a palette cleanser. For the many faults of Marvel, they at least were prudent enough to immediately follow up their big Avengers movie with something smaller like Ant-Man(literally and figuratively) that was grounded relative to the world-ending stakes of Age Of Ultron or Infinity War. Suicide Squad should’ve been a more smaller scaled, grounded movie to contrast with BvS. I honestly don’t know what the heck David Ayer was thinking making a supernatural ancient witch spirit the main bad guy in a Suicide Squad movie…especially when most of the roster don’t even have powers. Ostrander’s run was all about espionage and geopolitical and sociopolitical that had grounded Tom Clancy-esque plots. I wish Ayer and Gunn leaned into that more instead making things bigger than they needed to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"