Justice League *SPOILER THREAD* Zack Snyder's Justice League

I agree that Superman was better written almost by virtue of being more of a character. Apart from his CGI mouth, he was more heroic and traditional, and all of that was gone.

But somehow after seeing a CGI Cavill mouth, now I can't help seeing that in all of his scenes and having to look carefully to see if it is really his own mouth. I think I'm starting to see a CGI-removed moustache now where there is none and his face always looks weird.

The funny part is, you could remove Cavill’s mouth entirely in the Snyder Cut like that scene of Neo in the first Matrix and it wouldn’t really matter because he barely says anything.

I agree that Superman was better written almost by virtue of being more of a character. Apart from his CGI mouth, he was more heroic and traditional, and all of that was gone.

But somehow after seeing a CGI Cavill mouth, now I can't help seeing that in all of his scenes and having to look carefully to see if it is really his own mouth. I think I'm starting to see a CGI-removed moustache now where there is none and his face always looks weird.
You have phantomtachaphobia now. :up:

At the end in the epilogue they should've made Superman a moustache-twirling villain. The scene before Bruce wakes up should've ended with Superman doing exactly that.

Taking MOS, BVS and ZSJL as a trilogy, I am very happy with the amount of Superman.
I also love the follow through of the impact of Superman:
MOS Clark is cautious about whether he should continue to operate in secret or reveal himself to the world, but takes a leap of faith and decides to trust in humanity.
BVS Clark is challenged by a backlash against his very existence, humanity rejects him, but he still sacrifices himself for them.
ZSJL Clark is reborn, this time he is not something that was forced on humanity, but something they deliberately summoned up, they chose him and are following his example.

I wish Steppenwolf looked more like in the comics than that CGI creature:

47e3f938faf46146f4776b74ae7e877a8d-07-steppenwolf.rsquare.w700.jpg

i wish it was more practical fx, but i understand its probably easier to do it with all cgi and go wild with it.

Austen and Bendis two people who should never be allowed to write Superman again. This post brings back painful memories. During that time we had a classic run buy Rucka (which started the whole lets give Superman a kid movement) and we had For Tomorrow and then the was Austen who nearly ruined it all.

Why was Leonidas in Snyder's Justice League?

And how can he be possibly shouting "this is Sparta" here? Does the Snyderverse include 300 as well? :o

And how can he be possibly shouting "this is Sparta" here? Does the Snyderverse include 300 as well? :o
In my headcannon, both 300 and Watchmen are in the Snyderverse. 300 is part of that world's history, and Dr. Manhattan did a Doomsday Clock that led to this darker DC universe that Superman managed to bring ppl to join him in the sun anyways :D

In my headcannon, both 300 and Watchmen are in the Snyderverse. 300 is part of that world's history, and Dr. Manhattan did a Doomsday Clock that led to this darker DC universe that Superman managed to bring ppl to join him in the sun anyways :D

The Knightmare sequence at the end should've had a ragtag band of Spartans, some Watchmen, some Justice League and the girls from Sucker Punch:

v1.bjs4NTc0NTtqOzE4NzIwOzEyMDA7MjE2MDsxMDgw

Since Snyder was doing whatever he wanted by that stage, who exactly was going to object to having all of these?

The Knightmare sequence at the end should've had a ragtag band of Spartans, some Watchmen, some Justice League and the girls from Sucker Punch:

v1.bjs4NTc0NTtqOzE4NzIwOzEyMDA7MjE2MDsxMDgw

Since Snyder was doing whatever he wanted by that stage, who exactly was going to object to having all of these?
Not going to lie Browning could've made a good Harley.

I think that was supposed to be Zeus, but he did look like Leonidas yeah.

Austen and Bendis two people who should never be allowed to write Superman again. This post brings back painful memories. During that time we had a classic run buy Rucka (which started the whole lets give Superman a kid movement) and we had For Tomorrow and then the was Austen who nearly ruined it all.
LOL, I've never read it, but I've never heard anyone say a single nice thing about Austen's run. It's got me morbidly curious to check out at this point. :funny: Rucka's run was aces though. :up:

Agreed. The knightmare scene, Martian Manhunter scenes and those women singing after Aquaman left were just pointless. This could definitely be a 2.5 hr film. Not sure what warranted a 4 HR cut.

I think the conflict that Whedon brought into the team (Yes its very Avengers like) on whether to bring back Supes, Aquaman sitting on the lasso and Diana massaging Bruce were good scenes in the Whedon Cut. Heck I know I'm the minority but superman was way better written by Whedon than Terrio and Snyder.

I really do like this scene tho
God I hate that scene. From a lighting, writing, acting, set design standpoint. Ugh. And the lasso scene was just another “omg you’re so hot!” type moment Whedon wanted to throw in there. Talk about pointless.

Haven't finished the movie yet, but just wanted to geek out on the previously unseen characters!

Martian Manhunter as Swanwick was expected, but still surprising. Just one of the reasons I want a sequel!

Dug Darkseid's portrayal, but he also seemed nerfed in the opening battle.

Was NOT expecting Desaad. Badass imagining of him too!

The additional scenes of Green Lantern make me want to see him along with the Corps in another movie dammit!

Ryan Choi, eh? Bring on Atom, I say!

The only other major characters I want to see now are the Hawk people, Dr Fate, and more variety from the rogues gallery too. Bring on the Legion of Doom if possible!

Btw was that supposed to be ole Starro in the scene with the Atlantean? Looked kinda small to be Starro though.

And not a cameo, but damn Supes would've literally murdered Batman in that post-resurrection fight if Batman hadn't been prepared. Like holy crap that was shocking. But at least we didn't get that cringe inducing line this time "yup something's definitely broken".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"