Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 4: An Open Discussion

Damn Clone Wars is getting good! I've got till the end of the month (when they expire from cable) to get through all of Clone Wars and Rebels!

Nope. Qui-Gon learned it, but couldn't take shape outside of a highly Force Sensitive place. Yoda and Obi-Wan mastered the ability after learning it from him.

From who, from where? She gave up the Jedi way.
They could easily figure something out.

I've nearly finished all of season 1 this weekend and there's plenty of hours left to make a start on 2.

How are you liking it Iceman?

Really loving both clone wars and this. I never watched them all these years because they looked too kid-orientated (and they were for the first couple of episodes) but they get both got good quickly. Seeing them now is making me a much bigger Star Wars fan. The extended universe is super-interesting and I would have loved to see more of this on film.

Really loving both clone wars and this. I never watched them all these years because they looked too kid-orientated (and they were for the first couple of episodes) but they get both got good quickly. Seeing them now is making me a much bigger Star Wars fan. The extended universe is super-interesting and I would have loved to see more of this on film.
That's good to hear. :woot:

I am a big fan of both shows. What you mentioned at the end is exactly why I am a big fan of the anthology films idea. The chance to see these kind of stories on the big screen.

That's good to hear. :woot:

I am a big fan of both shows. What you mentioned at the end is exactly why I am a big fan of the anthology films idea. The chance to see these kind of stories on the big screen.

I rarely buy (possibly only Lost and Game of Thrones) or rewatch TV shows but I can see myself rewatching these many times. I've always been a fan of Star Wars but not on the level of the more hardcore guys but seeing the extended universe has really given a tonne of background, depth and even more meaning to the films and this is the kind of stuff I love. They've done more to boost my Star Wars fandom than anything in a long time.

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing films like Han Solo but will also be very interested when they start introducing new lead characters set in the current era and outside of the Episode films who are here to stay for future films.

I rarely buy (possibly only Lost and Game of Thrones) or rewatch TV shows but I can see myself rewatching these many times. I've always been a fan of Star Wars but not on the level of the more hardcore guys but seeing the extended universe has really given a tonne of background, depth and even more meaning to the films and this is the kind of stuff I love. They've done more to boost my Star Wars fandom than anything in a long time.

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing films like Han Solo but will also be very interested when they start introducing new lead characters set in the current era and outside of the Episode films who are here to stay for future films.
I agree on anthologies and new characters.

Are you into comics Iceman? If so, have you read the Darth Vader comic from Gillen? His Darth Vader (ended about a year ago) and Doctor Aphra comics are both rather fantastic imo. A lot of added depth to the world. Gillen is also going to start writing the main line Star Wars comic, which is rather exciting imo.

Also a suggestion of the Han Solo and especially Lando mini-series. Both add some pretty great elements imo, and Lando's especially feels really fresh.

I agree on anthologies and new characters.

Are you into comics Iceman? If so, have you read the Darth Vader comic from Gillen? His Darth Vader (ended about a year ago) and Doctor Aphra comics are both rather fantastic imo. A lot of added depth to the world. Gillen is also going to start writing the main line Star Wars comic, which is rather exciting imo.

Also a suggestion of the Han Solo and especially Lando mini-series. Both add some pretty great elements imo, and Lando's especially feels really fresh.

Yes, very much into comics. Have a reading list in the thousands unfortunately and haven't read any Star Wars yet. Thanks for those recommendations, have written them down.

I should be done with all 3 seasons by Wednesday! Then got to get back to finishing Clone Wars.

First six episode titles have been revealed. Also the time slot has changed for Rebels. Reports are saying 12:30 AM ET. I wonder if the series is just going to get that dark or what?

Episode 1: “Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1” (October 16, 2017)
Episode 2: “Heroes of Mandalore: Part 2” (October 16, 2017)
Episode 3: “In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1” (October 23, 2017)
Episode 4: “In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 2” (October 23, 2017)
Episode 5: “The Occupation” (October 30, 2017)
Episode 6: “Flight of the Defender” (October 30, 2017)

12:30am? No way does it get that sh-tty of a timeslot.

First six episode titles have been revealed. Also the time slot has changed for Rebels. Reports are saying 12:30 AM ET. I wonder if the series is just going to get that dark or what?

Episode 1: “Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1” (October 16, 2017)
Episode 2: “Heroes of Mandalore: Part 2” (October 16, 2017)
Episode 3: “In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1” (October 23, 2017)
Episode 4: “In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 2” (October 23, 2017)
Episode 5: “The Occupation” (October 30, 2017)
Episode 6: “Flight of the Defender” (October 30, 2017)

What reports? Whats the source? Disney isnt going to have any new season of a show running at 12:30 AM. Thats absurd. Even if the season was excessively dark and gruesome (it wont be) 10 PM would be perfectly ok for an adult show. Theyve either moved the show up to 8 PM or moved it back to 9PM.

The show originally ran at 8:30PM but since they are going to be playing two episodes back to back every week they probably moved the show up to 8PM so the show could have the 8PM-9PM time block.

If I'm not mistaken, people from Lucasfilm confirmed on twitter that timeslot and that episodes will encore multiple times each Monday (3am, 7:30am, 5:30pm & 9pm) and that there will be two episodes every week.

Is there going to be/likely to be a new Star Wars series after Rebels?

I think it's been outright said by Dave Filoni that there's going to be more. And given that Rebels is seemingly ending right before TLJ, I could see the next series being Post-RotJ and dealing with Luke, at least in part.

Would be amazing seeing Luke in one of these series. I love the way they tie in and overlap.

It's time to leave the New Hope Era behind and get a new show that takes place post-Jedi.

I think it's been outright said by Dave Filoni that there's going to be more. And given that Rebels is seemingly ending right before TLJ, I could see the next series being Post-RotJ and dealing with Luke, at least in part.
Yep. They are clearly setting this up to end right before TLJ comes out. That Post-RotJ series is looking more and more probable. I also really like how they are going to air the last season. Should be fun. :woot:

Yep. They are clearly setting this up to end right before TLJ comes out. That Post-RotJ series is looking more and more probable. I also really like how they are going to air the last season. Should be fun. :woot:

The pieces are all there for it. You've got Mark as a VA, you've got some interesting new factions at the end of Empire's End, you've got set up with Thrawn and the Chiss, the potential of a young Ben's journey, Black Sun taking over Jabba's turf, some of the classic mythology with the Yavin temple teased in the Aphra comic and a solid couple of decades in the timeline to play around in...really it has the makings of an amazing series.

Thrawn is bloody awesome. Love that guy, hope we see more of him. Any chance a character like that makes it into a film one day? Would have liked to see Ahsoka make an appearance too. Loved seeing her in Rebels after seeing her as a kid in CW.

The pieces are all there for it. You've got Mark as a VA, you've got some interesting new factions at the end of Empire's End, you've got set up with Thrawn and the Chiss, the potential of a young Ben's journey, Black Sun taking over Jabba's turf, some of the classic mythology with the Yavin temple teased in the Aphra comic and a solid couple of decades in the timeline to play around in...really it has the makings of an amazing series.
tmE7bsO.gif

I think the majority of SW fans want a post ROTJ animated series with Luke Skywalker/Han Solo/Leia.

I would love to see Thrawn in live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"