Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderConnor

Prophecised ******
Reaction score
So. What to expect from season 2! Well I'll start with the facts and then get onto what I want from it.

Well Filoni has already said in a previous interview with StarWars.com that Darth Vader will be a presence in Season 2 (albiet a fleeting one) and so will Ashoka Tano for the Rebels.

Don't expect Vader to fight the Rebels every week however and I'm quoting here "The Rebels are like Level 5 and Vader is like Level 50".

Ashoka will be coming and going to help the Lothal Rebels who will now seek to work with other Rebel Cells spread across the Galaxy and nearby systems to Lothal. Not just on Lothal all season then.

RUMORS: Jason Ward of MSW says that Sam Witwer will be voicing Emporer Palpatine in Season 2 and possibly in the opener.

What do I want from season 2?

Well seen as though it in Episode IV the Rebel Alliance is a new thing as it is described as "just won their first battle against the Empire" in stealing the plans for the Death Star then I don't want the Rebel Alliance to be too far developed. It will have to be a slow and difficult thing over a couple of seasons.

One thing I would love but I know shouldn't happen is Obi-Wan Kenobi making an appearance. Unless it was for a mission on Tattoine possibly involving the Hutt Crime Family or something. Making a grey haired Kenobi helps out ONCE and realises he is not as young as he used to be or something.

-More develop/backstory for Sabine and Hera. Also Mandalore.
-Teen Leia.
-Ahsoka interacting with Kanan and Ezra.
-Mon Mothma.
-Bobba Fett.
-Cad Bane.
-More with Tarkin.
-Adm. Yularen.

Agreed. I'd like to see some Bounty Hunter work done for Vader. IE Cad Bane maybe he meets his maker in Rebels? Boba Fett obviously

The top seven things I want to see in Season 2:

7. New Planets: Lets face it, we need to get off Lothal.

6. Young Leia: Some interaction between her and her father would be great. I want to see her really want to join the cause.

5. Vader in Space Combat: Vader crushing fools in his tie-fighter. :hmr:

4. Hera and Kanan: We got a little at the end of the first season, but I want it "confirmed". Come on, kiss.

3. A New Inquisitor: Ezra implied there are multiple Inquisitors out there. Would love to see a new and very different one.

2. Sabine's Backstory: A kick ass female Mando. I want to know what Mandalore was like after the Maul situation. I want to know how the Empire was able to put an academy there. I just want to know more about Sabine.

1. Vader vs. Ahsoka: It has to happen, the only real question is when. Vader by whatever he likes.

Cad Bane is my top priority.

I agree with almost everything DarthSkywalker listed. New Inquisitors would be great, and I'm wondering if they're all Force users? Perhaps there are some who are warriors of a different kind -don't use lightsabers, etc. Unless being able to use the Force and toss a lightsaber around is required.

As to Vader vs Ahsoka, as much I'd love to see it I think it'd be better left for a later season. We all expect it to happen, it'd be nice if they teased it, but left a real throw-down for after the second season.

4. Hera and Kanan: We got a little at the end of the first season, but I want it "confirmed". Come on, kiss.
It's essentially already been confirmed. The novel A New Dawn stated that Kanan was attracted to Hera and she knows it. But the rebellion comes first and foremost and they both realize that.

It's essentially already been confirmed. The novel A New Dawn stated that Kanan was attracted to Hera and she knows it. But the rebellion comes first and foremost and they both realize that.
I know, but that is why they need to kiss. :woot:

Cad Bane is my top priority.

I agree with almost everything DarthSkywalker listed. New Inquisitors would be great, and I'm wondering if they're all Force users? Perhaps there are some who are warriors of a different kind -don't use lightsabers, etc. Unless being able to use the Force and toss a lightsaber around is required.

As to Vader vs Ahsoka, as much I'd love to see it I think it'd be better left for a later season. We all expect it to happen, it'd be nice if they teased it, but left a real throw-down for after the second season.
What I am thinking is they would be children that the Emperor and Vader have groomed, you know like what was shown during the season 2 opener of the Clone Wars? So I'd expect them to all to be Force Users.

Inquisitors were Dark Jedi in the EU. Though, I doubt most of them would be part of Palpatine's child program. They wouldn't be much older than Ezra at this point. I would love to see Barris Offee as an Inquisitor, especially as a method by Vader to turn Ahsoka. Though, I would love to see Jerec.

Alos, seeing Freddie Prinze Jr talk about Vader, I think someone is loosing a limb.

For season 2 I want:

Ahsoka vs Bariss Offee who I hope returns

Kanan and Ahsoka trading stories about their time in the temple

Teen Leia (I can see some fun moments with Ezra being attracted to her, and her wanting to join the cause but Bail putting the kibosh on it)

Vader eradicating a rebel cell.

More planets

Boba Fett

I think Bounty Hunters being employed by Vader is a certainty this season.

I think Vader vs Ashoka in the Season 2 finale is a possibility and maybe Ashoka escapes barely with additional help from Kanan and Ezra. But only because Vader was trying to turn her. Next time she's dead meat

Here's another question? How far do people want Ezra's powers and abilities as a Force user to develop this season?

-Cad Bane and other Bounty Hunters
-The introduction of various characters that look very strong, only for Vader to easily solo them all, just to hype him a bit more in the show.
-Possibly some of Boba Fett
-New locations
-Development for Ashoka, possibly having some flashback for her time post-The Clone Wars
-Would like to see an episode dealing witht he clones post-order 66, how did some of the most loyal to the Jedi like Captain Rex react after this order?
-Old remnants of the Prequel era, like battle droids, the latest comics used them from what i can remember, though they looked older and more used than they did in the Prequel movies, which gives a new look to them.

Filoni was talking about having a good story about how Ahsoka became Fulcrum, so I think we will at least get that. Not sure about her closer to TCW though. He seemed to want to avoid that.

Going by the season finale next season will expand in scope. We're now dealing with the leaders of the Empire and the Rebellion has revealed itself to be a much larger, more organized movement than we've seen previously. The eventual war between the two armies is beginning to take shape and should ramp up in S2. There's still a long way to go but the Rebellion was pretty much in full force by Star Wars so I imagine this show will get to that level eventually. The question is where the small crew of the Ghost fit into all of that.

Doubt that. She wouldn't want any part of the Sith after what happened.

I think she's run off to do her own thing. Can't wait to see what it might be!

More development for Sabine and Zeb, particularly the latter. I wonder if he'll ever run into other Lasats.

Also, some moral greyness into the Empire's effects on the galaxy. Filoni talked about this before, but it was never really shown in the first season. Maybe show how the Empire may have improved some cities or populations, and show why many people are complacent with the Empire besides just fear. Have one the Imperials (Maketh Tua, Yogar Lyste, or Kassius Konstantine) defect from the Empire. Kallus's genocide of the Lasats kinda established him as too villainous to do that.

I would like see Wookiee......maybe a temporary ally to help fight empire like they did in ROTS

Introduce of Wedge Antilles and the formation of the Red Squadron and the other squadron and introduce to Biggs Darklighter

The last few episodes seemed to imply that Kallus was getting less confortable with the ways of the empire, which is realy weird considering how proud he was of the genocide of the Lasats, as well as when he kicked a trooper to his dead just because he was angry.

I would like see Wookiee......maybe a temporary ally to help fight empire like they did in ROTS

Introduce of Wedge Antilles and the formation of the Red Squadron and the other squadron and introduce to Biggs Darklighter

No wookiees until they improve the character models. Because, uggh.

It is still really early to do that with Wedge and Biggs. Season 2 would be about 4 BBY. And Biggs wouldn't be much older than Ezra.

I think Ventress might be season 3. For some reason I recall something about Rebels only being 4 seasons? Season 4 they could address Maul who is still roaming around, and we can have Vader crush him, plenty of SW fans want to see that fight. I like the idea of the Rebels finale being about a mission to steal the death star plans.

Seeing Vader defeat Maul would be cool. I never got round to watching Clone Wars, but I knew they had brought Maul back. It would be a nice way of tying that loose end up with having Vader finally take out his master's previous apprentice.

Though I realise the Force Unleashed are now not part of the current canon, I would like to see Starkiller adapted into Rebels in some fashion. I thought it was a shame how that series turned out after the first one. There were some good characters there that I wouldn't mind seeing return.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Felucia and its inhabitants from the Force Unleashed. I think the prospect of force sensitive creatures like those could make an interesting episode all of itself for character like Ezra and Kanan.

Darth Revan is another one I'd like to see. At least referenced. I heard they had wanted to fit him into Clone Wars, but couldn't in the end. I wouldn't mind seeing some reference to him in some ancient Jedi writings/holocrons or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"