• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Rebels Star Wars: Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! Can't wait for the ABC premiere. Any opportunity to hear James Earl as Vader is a treat. I already set my DVR.

I don't believe that armoured Stormtroopers should get taken down by fruit.

They didn't?

It knocked one guy off balance (he was on top of a moving vehicle to boot), and he got back up almost immediately. That's a far cry from being "taken down." :whatever:

Yesh no matter how strong their armor is it doesnt change their center of gravity. If something hits them in the head or torso its gonna make them stumble. Thats just physics.

The Inquisitor is a pretty cool villain, I only wish the normal stormtroopers weren't so incompetent all the time lol. I would love to see more "horrors" with the Empire like we saw with Luminara.

Stormtroopers are always incompetent, at least when main characters are involved.

Great episode. LOVE the Inquisitor. Honestly, I cannot stand Zeb, I root for the Storm Troopers every time he fights them.

Last edited:
The new ep ("Rise of the Old Masters") is the best one since the movie (episodes 1 & 2 - "Spark of Rebellion").

Yeah Storm Troopers have pretty much always been useless.

They can't shoot the broad side of a Star Destroyer.

Then again there must be so much corruption and mindless obedience in the Empire, most of them are probably conscripts and dumb thugs.

In hindsight, that's one good thing about the prequels. The Clone Troopers actually acted like trained soldiers.

Solid episode, and quite happy with what the inquisitor can do, seems like a real badass.

Happy that so far this show hasn't failed me.

Great episode. LOVE the Inquisitor. Honestly, I cannot stand Zeb, I root for the Storm Troopers every time he fights them.

I like Zebb. Especially now that he's warming up to Ezra. So far I like all the main cast.

I liked the Inquisitor, though he does feel like a stand in for Darth Vader.

That said, he's actually interesting in his own right, and not just a poor man's substitute.

Though Kanan really should have suspected that it was a trap. Admiral Ackbar could have seen that one coming.

Admiral Ackbar could have seen that one coming.

Princess Leia is the one that taught Ackbar about traps

tumblr_lk34z5gA701qzl7y6o1_500.gif

Man, this show gets better and better! Loved The Inquisitor's first full appearance, especially the way he seemed to be toying with Kanan during their duel.

The trap was obvious, but I was genuinely surprised at seeing Luminara's corpse. At first I thought she was just frozen. Dark!

I'm enjoying the body count with the Stormtroopers, Kanan, Zebb and Sabine are merciless. Pitching troopers over cliffs and blowing them to smithereens, it's wild stuff.

As to the incompetent Stormtroopers, I don't mind so much -though their terrible aim, which is a joke as old as the franchise, can be a little ridiculous at times. Normally it doesn't bother me, but there are moments when the heroes are standing right in front of numerous troops with no cover, and the lasers are harmlessly whizzing by.

Last edited:
I have noticed that they never show their faces. I think it would be kind of disturbing if they showed the protagonists killing people, and not indistinguishable troopers.

I'm actually quite curious what the censor notes are nowadays. They've really come a long way from "you can't say kill", and you have to show parachutes.

After Return Of The Jedi. Leia & Ackbar form The It's A Trap Academy. Teaching people how 2 detect & notice traps before they get into them & how 2 avoid all kinds of traps

They got married..marriage is the biggest trap of them all.

The end.

I just saw the last episode see how the made Ezra subtly say the word what the f**k that's kool man I love this series.

This show reminds of Firefly but in the Star Wars Universe.

So I guess that opening 30 seconds was it?Was cool to hear JEJ again.Hopefully they can get him for a few episodes in the future.

Seeing the episodes airing on ABC now. Pretty impressed. Like all the characters and the music is cinema worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"