Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

giphy.gif

I've been wanting the Ayer Cut since I left the theaters gutted after seeing the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad. There's so much that was cut out for being too "dark" especially all the Joker stuff. We'll finally be able to see the original ending with Joker coming back for Harley, the full torture scene and everything else that was left out between Harley and Joker. This will hopefully be a coherent movie that's not edited by a f*cking trailer park company. I for one am stoked to see the Ayer Cut. Also, I'm hoping Steven Price's score will be present throughout instead of all the damn songs that they put in.

Yeah I would watch it, it did always feel that there was a better movie in there between all of the crazy editing, and I do enjoy watching the cast in their roles.

Heck, I am one of the few who didn't hate Letoker.

Yeah I would watch it, it did always feel that there was a better movie in there between all of the crazy editing, and I do enjoy watching the cast in their roles.

Heck, I am one of the few who didn't hate Letoker.

I think they over designed his "look" and he needed to dial down some of his mannerisms, otherwise it was a good alternate take on Joker..

I think they over designed his "look" and he needed to dial down some of his mannerisms, otherwise it was a good alternate take on Joker..

I totally get why his version of Joker was disliked by most people, especially coming off of Ledger's legendary performance. But we literally only saw glimpses of what could've been. The longest scene he had was maybe the club scene or the chemical bath scene and they're only about 2 minutes long each.

There are people who don't wanna see anymore of Leto's performance and I get that and he's probably not reprising his role anytime soon but atleast let us fans who've wanted to see his true performance get the chance to do so. Who knows, maybe with the Ayer Cut the general consensus on his take will go from bad to okay.

If there’s a more coherent film to be seen, I’ll give it a chance.

I think the "Ayer Cut" of SS would be easier to produce and put back together than the Snyder Cut will be.

I'm all for it. If it's possible to see a better, more coherent, and more serious version of the film that isn't hacked to pieces or edited like a movie trailer...count me in.

Ayer knows which way the wind is blowing, especially given that his original take on Suicide Squad was essentially done until WB got cold feet after the reception that BvS got. Coupled with both the recent tidbits he's been dropping and the announcement of Zack Snyder's Justice League, no doubt he'll drop more hints about his take on the film. Hell, they're even in black and white like Snyder did with his Justice League.

Ayer knows which way the wind is blowing, especially given that his original take on Suicide Squad was essentially done until WB got cold feet after the reception that BvS got. Coupled with both the recent tidbits he's been dropping and the announcement of Zack Snyder's Justice League, no doubt he'll drop more hints about his take on the film. Hell, they're even in black and white like Snyder did with his Justice League.
He is definitely taking cues from Snyder but then again he has been dropping images and info about his cut for several months now. I just hope that his OG cut is as dark, twisted and disturbing as the rumors say. I still don't understand the reasoning behind those who say there's no way the original version can be any good. We just don't know that until we see it.

He is definitely taking cues from Snyder but then again he has been dropping images and info about his cut for several months now. I just hope that his OG cut is as dark, twisted and disturbing as the rumors say. I still don't understand the reasoning behind those who say there's no way the original version can be any good. We just don't know that until we see it.

Oh, I agree. He's been doing this for quite some time, but especially in the last few weeks when it seemed like Zack Snyder's Justice League would become a reality, he's been ramping things up on a rapid level- even the day we got the announcement we got some hints.

davidayermovies_20200523_1.jpg EKEy_khWoAE4mTC.jpg 20200523_094425.jpg 20200523_094429.jpg

Other than the first image, these are all costume tests but great images nonetheless

Last edited:
Oh, I agree. He's been doing this for quite some time, but especially in the last few weeks when it seemed like Zack Snyder's Justice League would become a reality, he's been ramping things up on a rapid level- even the day we got the announcement we got some hints.
Yup. I think it's great that these directors are finally getting there chance to redeem themselves. I'm sure we all felt cheated in some way when the theatrical cut of SS released so having these director cuts come out is a way to finally see the movies we anticipated years ago

Yeah, it's gonna happen. Some type of deal may already have been struck, as far as we know.

We'll finally be able to see the original ending with Joker coming back for Harley, the full torture scene and everything else that was left out between Harley and Joker.

I don't know what the original ending was, but I never liked Joker coming back for Harley, it doesn't seem like something the character would do. I could see him making Harley think he came to rescue her, but it's actually all part of another plan. (And he never intended to break her out)

I want to see the movie with those deleted scenes, but I don't think anything can save this Joker.

Yeah the more Ayer is teasing the more I want to see it. Would definitely see his cut if they released it.

I think the "Ayer Cut" of SS would be easier to produce and put back together than the Snyder Cut will be.

I'm all for it. If it's possible to see a better, more coherent, and more serious version of the film that isn't hacked to pieces or edited like a movie trailer...count me in.

Agreed.

There's no way his cut is worse than the one we got, so why not go for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"