• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Xbox Sunset Overdrive

Looks quite fun.

video interview

An Early Look at Sunset Overdrive

source: EPN.TV

Looks like I'll be getting this at some stage.

So with every Insomniac Games project, I love editing trailers/music videos for their upcoming games. It's a past time of mine and one that I thoroughly enjoy. I like showing my support in fun and creative ways. I realize there hasn't really been a trailer for Sunset Overdrive yet. Sure there was the announcement trailer but since then, it's just been walkthrough videos and interviews. I figured I'd change that.

I put together something fairly quick to a song that I accidentally ended up pairing with the game. It's pretty eerie how well it worked out. I think it'd be awesome if Insomniac could obtain the rights to the song and use it for promotional purposes. I believe it manages to encompass the fun and wackiness of Sunset Overdrive.

Below is the trailer/music video I put together. Hope you guys enjoy it. Definitely can't wait to check out this game!

Last edited:

[YT]04uKME1dn4U[/YT]

Sunset Overdrive Weapons Video

Insomniac Games has released a new video for its colorful, soda-fueled shooter Sunset Overdrive that takes a look at a couple of the weapons players will be getting their hands on. First up is "High Fidelity." This weapon fires vinyl records that that will randomly ricochet off enemies, allowing it to hit multiple targets. Also, if that wasn’t cool enough, if you get your “Style” level high enough the records that it shoots will turn gold.The second weapon showcased is the TNTeddy. Basically, someone got a teddy bear, strapped some TNT to it, and then loaded it into a launcher. The result is one explosive projectile, with a generous blast radius, capable of taking out multiple enemies.
This video follows one released last week that takes a closer look at the game’s Amp system.
Sunset Overdrive will be available later this year exclusively on Xbox One.
source: EPN.TV

If I get an Xbox One, this will be the reason why. It looks so fluid, colorful, irreverent, and- most of all- fun.

• Watch Sunset Overdrive's Intro & 8 Minutes Of Gameplay

Preview
    on Jul 07, 2014 at 01:45 PM
    xboxone-icon.png

See how Sunset City became overran with mutants, then check out a chunk of gameplay footage.
    ... More
source: GI

so....wait......you can create your own character in this game?

you don't play as a set protagonist?

Nope, the protagonist is you. At least thats how iv seen it explained.

yes, but it seems like you get to create/customize your own character. right?

like choose gender, looks, etc.

iow....you're not given a "predefined" character to play with ( like....say.......Samus in a Metroid game ).

Last edited:
yes, but it seems like you get to create/customize your own character. right?

like choose gender, looks, etc.

iow....you're not given a "predefined" character to play with ( like....say.......Samus in a Metroid game ).

Yea, as I said the protagonist is you. You create your character and throw em into the game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/4/5966887/xbox-one-bundle-madden-nfl-15-sunset-overdrive

Microsoft is bundling at least two major upcoming titles with Xbox One consoles this year: EA Tiburon's Madden NFL 15 and Insomniac Games' Sunset Overdrive, a company spokesperson told Polygon during a press event last week.
The Madden 15 bundle will feature a standard Xbox One unit sans Kinect, along with a download code for a copy of the game, for $399. That's the regular price of a Kinect-free Xbox One, so buyers would be getting Madden 15 for no additional cost. Madden 15 is set for release Aug. 26, and the bundle will be available then as well. The package will also include three Pro Packs for Madden Ultimate Team.

Sunset Overdrive, the colorful open-world action title from Insomniac, will be bundled with a white Xbox One later this year. It will be the first time a white Xbox One is available to the public; Microsoft produced white units for the console's launch last November, but they were specially made only for employees of the company. Sony is bundling a white PlayStation 4 with a copy of Destiny next month, and plans to release that console on its own, at least in Europe.
There's no word at this point on the price or release date of the Sunset Overdrive bundle, but the game itself is set to launch Oct. 28 exclusively on Xbox One.
You can check out an image of the Madden 15 bundle's box below. For more on the two games being bundled with Xbox One consoles, check out our Madden 15 preview from last month and our E3 coverage of Sunset Overdrive.

I think I'll try and get this. Nice white console and an Insomanic game, plus might go next gen for Evil Within and Alien.

Oh thats pretty cool. Hopefully they'll release the white controllers separately. Wouldn't mind having one of those.

Yea, as I said the protagonist is you. You create your character and throw em into the game.

ah. cool.

this has actually piqued my interest in the game.

when it was first revealed, I thought you'd be playing as that Mohawk guy. and that just didn't appeal to me.

that's what I thought until this weekend, when I went to see Guardians, and the pre-show stuff had a feature on Sunset. and towards the end, they said you can create your own character. and I was like.........say what??!! :wow:

ah. cool.

this has actually piqued my interest in the game.

when it was first revealed, I thought you'd be playing as that Mohawk guy. and that just didn't appeal to me.

that's what I thought until this weekend, when I went to see Guardians, and the pre-show stuff had a feature on Sunset. and towards the end, they said you can create your own character. and I was like.........say what??!! :wow:

Hah well if the rest of the game isn't all that good I don't think that'll matter. Just because you can create your own character doesnt make a game worthwhile or vice versa. But I know what ya mean.

Yeah, cool custom stuff doesn't matter at all if it's attached to a mediocre product. But Insominac has a good track record, so I have hope for this.

Yeah, cool custom stuff doesn't matter at all if it's attached to a mediocre product. But Insominac has a good track record, so I have hope for this.

Oh yea im not at all suggesting this won't be top notch. Everything iv seen on it looks pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"